Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

My 8 work day started at 2. Luckily the pressure is off because everyone is on holiday or about to, and all the things they though were important last week, they really don't give a **** about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I'm frozen solid today.🙁

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Indeed. Wearing my snuggie snoodie hoody. Delaying getting on the shower cos of the chills and generally questioning my decision to shut off the radiators.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Yes, have to handover, can't just clock out. I've been working nights for most of my adult life so it's days that scare me 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

just out of bed, at nearly 7 pm . I guess those tablets to help me sleep really do work 😡😡 So sitting watching my recorded daytime quizzes. On Lingo now !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,070 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That'll be my lie in tomorrow hopefully 😉

Work trundle done, how many days left?. Five ah ah ah (channelling my inner Count)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I don’t know what to make of MAFSA tonight 😳😳

Hope everyone is keeping well 🎉🎉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭apache

Have it recorded. As long as lovely Dan is ok....

I watched an episode or two of Fred's last resort earlier, gas craic.

😳😳😳😳😳

I’m not a fan of Dan, too full of Shiite for my liking 😂

• Advertisement

Alfie was busy snoring to watch such a show 😂 He has his priorities right

Good lad Alfie 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,881 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Im just wondering how I could get an EPL managers job . Graham Potter got 13 million for 7 months work . Nice !!

Choonsday, i'll go for some Calexico to chill with on the trip home..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

good morning from a weird hotel, why do I get the feeling that this water spout is way too high :)

Surely that's missing a piece? Weird indeed

Is that shower head beside it spitting out one miserable jet of water?

Post edited by Gremlinertia on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Not your usual standard hotel surely.

I have just met the man of my dreams 😍😍

now it was the Lucozade van he was driving than him 😂😂

• Advertisement

I find this YouTube channel strangely therapeutic.

Girl with the dogs ...

Here is an Australian shepherd with his emotional support rat getting all cleaned up 😁

That Whitney singing be like ... 😁

Gah awake early again. Argh..

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Deskside working away from home, lovely sunny April day outside.

Was out and about earlier at lunchtime, I went in to a convenience store nearby that has recently changed hands/renovated and was not a happy bunny - there were two elderly gentlemen getting stressed out trying to use the new self-service tills and no one at the normal till.

I asked the girl in the shop at the deli counter where the manager was and he came down to me and told me that even though they still have a standard counter and till - they will be making everyone use the self service tills from now on and won’t be taking cash either anymore - only pay with card or phone.

Well, I just hit the roof and lost it with him - I told him that this was simply unacceptable to expect everyone including elderly people using this store for years to use the self-service till and pay with cards. He smugly said it was “the new company policy” so I told him that I would be contacting head office to give them a piece of my mind. I also said it was part of the “race to the bottom” in removing an adequate level of customer service to ALL shop users. Also told him I would be on to my local TD.

Anywho, rant done but this has been a bugbear of mine for quite a while now - the collapse of human to human customer service in shops, banks (especially) and anywhere you try to contact by telephone. Grrr!! 😡😡🤬🤬☹️

Near your home?. Do get proactive on it, people get steamrolled into so much with general apathy.. It actually generally only takes a few people on a local level to change a local issue, always wiggle room in "company policy"

It's a big problem. It will be so easy for someone to be denied service intentionally or accidentally when everything is automated like this. Not only that, the skills or people won't exist locally or even in the same timezone to fix the problem.

I wasn't looking for a job ...

and I logged onto LinkedIn ...

and heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Everytime I go on there I want to puke at the fakeness, lies, bullshit on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Yes indeed, Grem.

Oh, I just won’t let this lie and will be making my complaints heard - this is what happens when people aren’t vigilant. Customer service in retail has gone badly south for a long while now.

Have my first yoga class in four months via Zoom in 15 minutes. Cannot wait to de-stress! 🧘‍♂️ 💕🧘🏻‍♀️

Post edited by JupiterKid on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Well done standing up to that manager. I hate the self service tills but I do use them when there is no choice. If it the only shop in the area it is inexcusable to adapt that policy. Unfortunately most older people can’t easily get to another location.

Advertisement