Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It's very cold 🥶🥶 Roll on the temperature starting to rise again , the grandkids are fed up saying - don't touch me Nana , your hands are freezing 🥶😭 🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

I said that... About the tooth. One that was killing me so bad I said I just wanted it gone.

Ended up paying for 3 lots of kids braces and when I finally went back with enough to get an implant they said sorry no can do.😕The bone in the jaw had melted away! Lucky it was at the very back so not noticeable, except to me.

Don't leave it too late s'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

watching Jimmy Carr live . I been monging out on Comedy Central all day 😁😁 Dara O’ Brian up next.

Sick of this shite weather. It's gone beyond the joke at this stage. It's like we skipped Spring and Summer and went straight back into Autumn.

A spell of good weather on it's way next week though apparently. It's going to feel like a bloody miracle! ☀️☀️☀️🎉🎊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Boards ads are now some music festival in Finland for me. Which is a step up and away from those dodgy anime ones.

Unfortunately I won't be going to a music festival in Finland. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mine are now Hello Fresh or Funeral ads 😂😂

I’m absolutely freezing , which is quite strange for me. I usually prefer cold weather over hot but I reckon I’m coming down with a dose , but this weather is desperate.

I now have Cork Lighting And Interiors... Must be to make me look my best after I do the Senior Intermittent Fasting 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Sofas for me; specifically sofa beds. Clearly realised that they weren't getting anywhere with the fasting ads. Who's playing at the Finnish music festival?

I've been frozen all day so now I have the radiators back open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,147 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Just finished work, nice to be watching massive thunderstorms from my hotel room :):) The amount of rain here this year is rather insane.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tucked up but awake. Stormy weather didn't really happen here, a rare escape..

I sat up till midnight to do Wordle , then dozed off after it and dozed on the sofa for an hour or two . Of course now there’s not a hope of me sleeping now .

I know Blur and Suede. But the rest ... no idea. I could pretend to sound cool. It's the Flow Festival.

Up, having breakfast. Nice and quiet in the house and very windy. Still dark. Nearly dawn.

Sitting up watching news , and hanging with my head over a basin . I’ve been sitting expecting to puke my guts up all day so perhaps I need to eat something to regurgitate it . Sorry for grossing people out 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Looks like you have picked up a nasty bug somewhere. Have you had the old remedy of flat 7up to calm your tummy.

No , I never thought of that ! I went to the shop and finally found a bottle of 7up. Loads of diet drinks but you need the sugar boost. When I was up there I chanced a breakfast roll that might help.

Post edited by cj maxx on

How much is a breakfast roll these days ?

Might head out for a bit for a fancy coffee..it's been a while since I did that, and the sun is out, but it's very cold.

Feeling really overloaded today. All home and work problems.

Treat yourself to that coffee SBW , you deserve it . Sometimes we have no problem treating others, but forget about ourselves . It's the little things that help keep us going, putting one foot in front of the other til we get through the day.

I don’t know but I need another one as I’m after throwing that one up . Still much better than the constant dry wretching i been doing for the last few days.

• Advertisement

Yep, having one now. Beautiful afternoon. Good for flying kites too and drying clothes. 😁

Ok, back to work.

Just looked it up. Haven't heard of most of them and can't pronounce some of them. Amyl and the Sniffers were clearly inspired by the late 70s for the name - wonder what they sound like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,152 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jaysis lads I don't know what to do with meself.. Mood all over the shop.. Stomped into town to meet the wife, got lamb wellingtons for dinner later, laundry basket empty. No painting or maintenance crap to do.. Pressing work and medical issues to address but no interest in that for now. Sorry for blabbing ridiculously unimportant tedium..

On way home, dinner and rest.. Again sorry for the confusion rant earlier.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling and procrastinating on getting up off my lazy arse and head up to the pool for a good swim. 🏊‍♂️

Sitting here like a zombie. Need to get exercise first thing in the morning, and at lunchtime when I can, otherwise it doesn't happen.

Edit ... Taking a little boards break ... Have a good weekend everyone.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Watching The Agreement on BBC1 . I’m embarrassed to say it but theres a tear in my eye seeing all this again and what its meant to me. I know people who didn’t grow up a mile or two from the border in the Troubles won’t understand it , but my earliest memories of going to national school as a child is being walked to the bus stop by my mother, and a Garda checkpoint there ,backed up by the Special Branch who were backed by the Army (probably Rangers ) . It’s always painted as a Northern Ireland thing but the work that went into getting it over the line in the border areas shouldn’t be forgotten. I never thought when growing up that what we have now on the border was the normal . No more going through checkpoints to get tothe local village or mass. It actually took me leaving for a couple of years to see the difference in my mind . Good days now .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Makes sense. You're not used to so much time to yourself. You're not even starting to unwind yet.

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Time to learn how to relax, Grem. Do lots of what you enjoy, whether it's TV, good food, a few drinks or time with your mrs.

We spend enough time running around like blue-arsed flies.

Advertisement