Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

It definitely feels like the dog* days of summer**.

*Disclaimer: not a dog

** and not a summer

😁

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At my desk in my home office, just finished a Zoom AA meeting.

Weather was much better today - managed to get a good walk in the park earlier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

At work with same painful back.. Stoopid thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,019 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

is back pain a thing now ? . I was hobbled for weeks , I couldn’t even sleep with lower back pain then it went away for a week .

Lately I haven’t had it which is a godsend.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

A thing? No idea, been part of my life a long time

• Advertisement

Overtime nearly at an end. Awful start to the shift but recovered the momentum eventually..

Mine can on for godknows reason. It might have been from a fall . It seems to have eased somewhat. I don't envy you

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂

Pork chop, baby potatoes and creamed parsnips for dinner. Nice !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I had Comfort On A Plate - fish fingers, hash brown bites, and baked beans, followed by a piece of apple crumble with squirty cream.

You had me at pork chops 😉😘 I’m not a fan of parsnips but I’ll have broccoli instead thanks 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Morning everyone 🙂 Hope everyone's doing well.

Deskside here, it's Fifty Shades of meh down here weatherwise but otherwise things are good.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Weather is gorgeous here, but I'm inside. Have Monday booked off. Weather forecast is not good, but the icons on the same met eireann weather app show sun ... so, fingers crossed.

Might get a pastry and a coffee soon. I am falling asleep. Been going to bed way too late.

It's very quiet in work as a load of people are on holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Still enjoying some home time, it’s wonderful watching Blue develop, but he still has some territorial issues with the OH, luckily for him she has the patience of a saint, when he growls and shows teeth, she will put her hand down and tell him to lick not bite. She appears to get getting through to him :):)

Treated us to pizza last night. So dinner today sorted 😉

OH's idea of an Asian lunch 😋

/slides plate

Looks delicious!!!

Yes, I agree. Looks amazing. Especially when it's nearly lunchtime. 👍

We have a new chef in here @smurfjed 👍

• Advertisement

Had Deluxe Lidl Pizza and Coke for lunch.

Hit the spot. 😁

Deskside here, working away on a research paper. Still a bit shaken after last night's event.

A fire was started at the rear corner of our apartment complex in Dublin 7 last night at 4.00am. 🔥🔥🔥

Had got up from my sleep to use the bathroom and heard strange crackling sounds outside so looked out the window to investigate. 

I phoned 999 and they arrived to extinguish the fire within 15 mins - another resident had also just reported the fire before me. Fortunately the fire was not an immediate threat to the buildings and residents.

Very concerning development and another indication that something has been very amiss in the local area in recent months. 😔

We will be discussing this at a special meeting of the management company and the need for much greater security.

Christ on a bike, glad to hear you're alright Jupiter! 😧😧

Do you know if there's any CCTV back there that could help track down the lowlifes behind that? Sounds like it was arson. Either way mind yourself, that kind of stuff can rattle you pretty badly!

Back deskside after a final lunch-time bike ride for this week. Won't be setting a foot outside tomorrow if that weather forecast holds!

Had pizza, by the way 😉

God. Life can be exhausting enough without all the extra crap crap crap on top.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Jebus, you've had some hard lines recently - you've not bought any strange, religious icons or wizened monkey paws from a dark, back-alley shop recently?

Watching Dublin Narcos . It’s on cocaine now. I’ve seen loads of people on coke in Dublin, but what was peddled as coke was pretty much sodium bicarbonate with a bit of coke added .

Thanks guys for the concern. 👍👍

All well here. Apparently there's been a few other reported fires in the vicinity over the past fortnight, according to a neighbour I was talking to.

Our complex currently doesn't have CCTV. We will have to get it installed now ASAP - as a start.

Post edited by JupiterKid on

They want me to work on Monday with an impossible request, I’m in avoid mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭I says

Got the doggie neutered today, I thought he’d be down in himself when I collected him from the vets. Not a loss on him rearing to go. He’s panned out atm in great form. Hopefully it will stay that way. The vet did a mighty job on his stitches.

Advertisement