Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Boo 👻

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

You can't scare me, I've seen my bank account balance... 😬

Really tired over here, probably won't be up for too much longer. Turned out to be a brilliant day though, at least weather wise...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Exhausted here too, fell asleep watching the telly so had a shower and I'm in the leaba, alarm set for 7am, Tuesday is usually the worse for traffic imo, dreading the morning already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh **** me I'm wrecked and buzzy from caffeine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A first world problem here. Moving house is a see you next Tuesday! Trying to mix it with being self employed adds despair. I need to add a mesh wifi thingy tomorrow as my edit suite is technically in the garden! (Extension)

For now it's leaba time. Yet another long day tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

@Abbey Lass Yes that was the Namba area, totally packed.

For us, we flew into Fukuoka as it was close to SEOUL, We got a SUICA travel APP which allowed us to jump on trams and metros.

We used the bullet train from Fukuoka-Hiroshima-Osaka and now waiting to go to Tokyo. These are a great service but not cheap, cost for 2 was about €400, but this was cheaper than the rail pass as we are staying 2 weeks.

Big shocker is that we shall fly out of Narita, which is 1:30 to 2:00 hours from our hotel or a €220 taxi ride which takes the same time. As our flight is relatively early we changed to an airport Hotel for the last night.

You should really bring your daughter as its an amazing country, so different to Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines etc.

My culinary journey continues

@Abbey Lass it's not a cheap country if you really want to try the food, this meal was €60 with 2 beers. Our steak dinner was a lot more, but we have also eaten at backstreet restaurants for €20

High class bar furniture.

Stopped in a random bar last night that had a young South Africa barlady, turned out we lived in the same city years ago and shared some common acquaintances. Small world 🌎

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Time for a toastie and a tea.

• Advertisement

Sooooo tired

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

9 am

Time for work !

+ Porridge + Yogurt + Banana

Coffee is a curse for me. If I drink it anytime during the day - I can't sleep that night, even after exercise. Or at least I have a very bad sleep. And it all adds up to exhaustion.

Even though I know this, it's very addictive stuff.

Tea is definitely ok for me.

Some more food delights

Now venturing into a fun area, wish us luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,028 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sitting in my boxers watching tv . Ive just realised I have absolutely no memory from last night, what time I got up or even if I slept last night. Im a bit hyped on lucozade and am in 2 minds whether to have coffee or go back to bed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Last night working tonight, so tired I feel sick🤒

better be ok for my hols at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside at work, desperately looking for the slightest bit of energy or motivation.

If someone could hook me up to one of those airport ground power units, I'd be extremely thankful, because my to-do list is overflowing...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Night off, back in tomorrow, netflix and tae

Another summer day today.

Have hospital apt to attend to tomorrow re loved one. Not expecting good news.

And some tax return crap to do before the end of October. Talk about procrastination station. Will do it tonight, no matter how much tea it takes !

And then I'm going to go through a load of crap in my life and sell it or give it away.

Honestly since March 2020, i.e. covid, I've put my life on hold. Well, since before then, but covid really hammered home how restricted my life has become.

• Advertisement

For the first time in a very, very long time I got this itch to leave here (home, town, whatever) like a running away thing. It's been decades since I've felt like it.. I might be projecting but I feel like a lot of people are strangely unsettled

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Up in the big smoke for work and decided to go to the theatre. So this is what city people do on a Tuesday night!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's that winter, government budget time of the year feeling, and after a dull wet summer. And the news is just bad. Time to book a holiday ?

Mrs G made a cracker of a stew, no funds to book things but we'll manage

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Loved Ones in the Gate, it's funny and sad and poignant

Watching Lupin. Have to forget any cynicism but it's great fun.

Managed to get to Tokyo. Thought that this was a high density city but it has 6200 per sqkm versus Dublin with 4500. I was surprised.

Different class of travel

Worlds busiest traffic crossing apparently

Famous dog

And of course, food. All you can eat bar bq for 100 minutes with free flow beer.

More lights

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

That 'running away and re-inventing myself' vibe is a common theme in my episodes of depression down the years.

But, now I know and recognise it I know to take necessary steps when it pops up.

Just a shame it took so much of my life to see the pattern, but hey-ho!

Advertisement