Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

The Thing is the movie to watch at Halloween. Or Alien.

I remember when this first came out and I was in London in late 1990s. I couldn't get the point of it then either. Saved years of my life. Mind you I don't know if I put the saved years to anything useful 🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Half flat on the all too tiny couch. Oh if it was a touch bigger it'd be the bed. I'm thinking a stairlift is needed 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hello from LUTON.. got one of those phone calls, go now to Luton, unfortunately we are picking someone and going back.

At least the fog didn't appear and the weather is cold but nice and dry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I've just been staring at the sky trying to remember the constellations, safe travels Smurf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning, gang 🙂 Things are fogged up beyond all recognition over here (no, really, it's foggy), but at least there's coffee!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Getting some crap process stuff out of the way in work so we can get down and do the crap work. Have meetings this afternoon schedule the crap work. What a load of unnecessary stress. Just let us do the work !

I remember one guy used to bet on horses in work. He was caught out working from home because he'd left his microphone on and forgot to pause the horse racing video during a zoom meeting. 🤣

Edit wrong channel

Meant to put on the trivial annoyances channel.

Time for a boards.ie break. Could be worse, at least it's not FB.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Oh, don't worry, you can vent over here as well, I wanted to as well but was just too busy for that today. Too many colleagues who are barely qualified to turn oxygen into CO2...

• Advertisement

Just settling at desk, time for the cretin show again!

Anything entertaining happening at least, or just 57 varieties of cr*P?

Fireworks and football.. Definitely need more tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Inspired by Bake Off I am making muffins

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Hauling myself through the week, absolutely dreading a dentist visit ,it's going to be awful and I'm so nervous already. Just hoping I'll be able to enjoy the weekend after it but I'm fecking stressing.

Does anyone else find the week before a long weekend is endless in work and the 4 day week after it is like a month? I'm going to chance the euromillions on Friday night, there has to be an easier way...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Someone mention muffins 🤔😏?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Enjoyed an Indian curry this evening. Naan, poppadoms and mango chutney. Shop bought/home made. Delish! Happy out for now.

Ragu incoming shortly for me 😋

The joys of a warmer office, no jackets around me feet or tape on the door 🤣

That smart mug I got myself at the beginning of this year is really turning out to be a life-saver. No more cold coffee or tea 😍☕️

Especially on a fogged up day like today. Am I in Cork or in Silent Hill here? Can't tell from looking at the sky (or the locals 😉)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

I got my OH - a total tea addict - a smart mug as part of his birthday presents last July. He absolutely loves it and it's probably the most useful, most practical gift I ever got him over 22 years. 🍵 🍵😁

On the bus home from a busy morning and early afternoon giving lectures ATM...at least no classes next week for mid-term break.

Invited to two Halloween parties this weekend....decisions, decisions! 🎃🎃🎃

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I really needed to do this today. So many memories of the 1970s BBC TV series came flooding back from my childhood. He's changed a bit but you can't miss him. Oul Paddington Bear!

I got a heated office, me thermal mug will do for now 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

How's the new job going? Heated office sounds like an improvement anyway!

The dark mornings are starting to hit here, tired and cranky is the order of the day here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching telly after a couple of Guinness surge ( a bollix of a job ) and getting ready to take my ZZZ tablets.

Like the job mostly thank feck, creature comforts help

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Awake way before my time. Have the window open for fresh air :) Off to get some fresh pasta today, so it will be a long day once it starts.

Pasta as biofuel for a plane? Interesting 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Had a burrito for dinner last night and the bloody thing was doing the mexican wave all night in my stomach.....shite night of sleep.

• Advertisement

Needed beers beforehand much like a kebab does 😉

Advertisement