Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Fell asleep at 2:30am, up now as need to be in Dublin by 10. Will be multiple coffees needed, please and thanks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Right I'll get the pot on for you before I head for bed. Espresso level five here we go ☕

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Deskside here, but not really feeling it. Am I glad to be off tomorrow...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• piss.

HR rang from the new place to let me know the interviewer is currently on vacation after being out sick all week and won’t be back til Tuesday..

😭

I suppose it’s a good sign they haven’t said no yet anyway? What she said was no decision was made before they were off sick which makes sense cos they have one reference to call still!

the anticipation builds 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

At least they're doing you the courtesy of keeping you up to date.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Deskside for a few more hours torture 🤣

Do you have much longer to go, Grem?

Deskside at home here, trying to get some writing done. Without much success, I might add...

Finito at 0500

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Had 3 lovely pints of Guinness after work with some work people. And they are much nicer in real life than on bloody zoom calls and ms teams chats. But, I really, really, do not miss the 90 minute commute each way.

Post edited by SuperBowserWorld on

Oof, a little more to go, so. Hope that it's a quick and easy shift at least, or failing that, at least entertaining...

• Advertisement

Waxing 🌔 moon eek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Happened to have a bit of spare time before an appointment and went into Legoland. Was thinking of getting some Lego. Saw a nice Bonsai tree for €50. Think I'll go back next week and treat myself. I'm supposed to be watching my money but **** it.

I've never bought Lego before as an adult. Could be theurapeutic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,357 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do it, its very theurapeutic, I'm always helping my nephew build cool stuff with his lego blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I love LEGO, I have various Star Wars sets and then some other more general ones that appealed to me (like the ship in a bottle).

I used to have them on display, but they got really dusty and I can't afford (spacewise and moneywise) decent display cabinets for them.

I've taken to building them, admiring my handiwork for a time, then breaking them back down and pre-sorting the bits back into 'bag 1, bag 2, bag 3,' etc. so it's easy to build them again at some point in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

Thanks guys, I definitely will. I'll be out there next week again. It might be nice to have on the coffee table.

Is it time to go back to bed and hide yet? 😞😭

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Total zombie day for me, wife had to call me 5 times to get me up to watch the rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lego is cool. Ms G and I do it all the time.p

In the leaba now. Gotta think about the next set.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

As a LEGO lover most of my life, I may be a tad biased. 😁 🧱

Go buy yourself a load of LEGO. It is absolutely wonderful to build! 👍💕

Sofaside at home here, watching a mediocre horror flick. Was meant to go out to a friend’s place this evening to a small Halloween party with horror films - but OH isn’t well and stayed home keeping an eye on him. 🤒 🛌

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Hotel time, sitting on the balcony enjoying my morning coffee and sun shine, 22C and climbing.

• Advertisement

Breakfast of porridge, yogurt, banana. 😋Took 2 🐶🐕 for a walk. Free happiness boost. Yellow ☔ warning 😞, more rain. Been playing Super Mario Bros Wonder. It's just so joyful, upbeat and timeless. Another happiness boost. Now, time to do some clean up before the rain and then complete a tax return.

Couch. Tae. Caught up with bake off. Now for a hot water bottle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...finished off a coffee....put a beef bourguignon in the oven for a slow cook and now gonna start on a Mary Berry chocolate fondant tart for the middle chick, she's been asking me for months.

Laptopside over here, with a coffee and a muffin. Just finished my afternoon call with my friend in Canada and part of me wants to go out and do some retail therapy. The other part just wants to turn into a sack of potatoes on the couch. Not sure which part is going to win that discussion...

It's a bank holiday, can't see retail being therapy. Well possibly need another form of therapy

I honestly think you must be the best Dad in Ireland.

Scrubbed the paving slabs at back, front and side of the house with hose, yard brush and washing up liquid 😁. Was green and slippy and dangerous and yuck after this bloody **** weather we've been having since the end of June. Now it actually looks presentable and is safer. Having tea and chocolate to celebrate. And as Annie Lennox says, here comes the rain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Seriously where the hell can I find one of you?

Mine makes scrambled eggs and 1 thinks he's Gordon Ramsay and 2 needs to rest for the week!!

• Prepped up for a busy night.. full restaurant opening in 14 mins and I need a 14 hour nap first.. the maths isn’t checking out :’)

full for both early and late sitting.. 😭

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

@gifted - I'm on my way over to your gaff now....beef bourgignon... drool!! 🤤 😋

Lazy lie-in day today, OH is still quite unwell. No idea what to do for dinner but there's a Lego set I got months ago that really needs building.

Advertisement