Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...i was watching the Mexican grand prix until the tribe of witches I live with came in and demanded Big Brother be put on...anyone want a disgruntled man? 🙄🙄🙄😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

That would be the Cumbre Vieja, a volcano on La Palma that has basically destabilised the entire western half of that island. It's a favourite of pop-sci documentaries because of what would happen if parts of the island were to slide into the sea. That's also why a few years back during the pandemic, there was a lot of attention when the Cumbre Vieja actually erupted and remained active for weeks, if not months. Here's the thing though: The eruption needed for that type of land slide would have to be cataclysmic in its own right, and the likelihood of a spontaneous collapse of the unstable flank without volcanic assistance is extremely low. Besides, even if it did happen, we'd have several hours of warning.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,034 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That’s the one . The programme had various scenarios. Hitting Ireland and causing a trans Atlantic tsunami.

Watching the news , rip Mattew Perry. I have his book but until I get decent glasses I can’t read it , RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 10,156 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Almost 8am \so going for a walk, let’s see if I can manage 5kms.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Work in forty minutes. Must input coffee..

Deskside in the home office, with a steaming mug of coffee. So far, it's pretty quiet. Here's hoping it stays this way...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Switched to tea now. Busy busy here

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I toasted the bread.

I spread a generous amount of butter on the toast.

I scraped the thinnest amount of Marmite on the toast.

I took a big bite.

I discovered the bread was mouldy.

🤢

Ugh, hate it when that happens...

What's marmite like, by the way? I've been living here for over a decade and never tried it...

• Advertisement

Certainly feels like I'm upside down at times... 🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Marmite, yuck.

I’ve never had marmite

Same, comes in a jar that's too big to gamble on (I DETEST food waste)

Watching afternoon quizzes and feeling sick after my coffee. My stomach is all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table....in the kitchen all day, my happy place......bit of a happy/sad day......happy that my 3 chicks were able to carve out their own pumpkins today.....sad that its the first year that I didn't do it....the girls are growing up....im seeing things every day showing me that they are growing up......wish they were babies again....that's just me been selfish 😔😔

Could do with a nap meself

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Home office, charity annual return done, tax return to do… slowly working my way through the Halloween chocolate😱 will have to buy more, or turn off all the lights tomorrow evening

• Advertisement

Had to get medical expenses from several people here, work out how much we got from health insurance, gain access to someone else's account to print off claims, filter out 2021, 2023 stuff, filter out routine optical and dental claims, bung it all in a spreadsheet to workout how much to put on the 2022 tax return. This took ages to get all this information together and figure it out.

Really I could have done this in January this year, but I procrastinated like hell.

I just want to die now to be honest 😁

It's cruel sometimes how quickly time flies. I went through my photo library today, after porting it over from my Apple account to Google, and those photos I took with my old film camera in my last year of school and much of that stuff still seems like it was yesterday. Then I take a look at the date and it says 2002 😯

Anyway, less than an hour to go. Not a fan of the new early sunset...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

It's uploading the screenshots to Revenue that kills me. Pics of receipts, pics of partial refunds from health insurance ... just give me my money ffs. 🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I have to do mine too. The reality is I've totally procrastinated. The excuse is I've had a bad chest infection for last few days.

It's my first time to file one, though I have done company ones, and exams on tax (which is alot more interesting than it sounds) in a previous life....but Jesus the thoughts.

You don't have to upload. I hold onto the original receipts. Everything gets uploaded to health insurance anyway via their app before we eventually make the revenue claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,031 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've had to upload, apparently medical expenses have to be verified before they issue a refund.

Maybe I'm on a watch list? 😮😯😲😂

Post edited by Leg End Reject on

Finito for the day, go again tomorrow

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here at home watching the dark thriller Seven on the box. Saw it with my sister in Belgium when it was in the cinema way back in 1995 - but I forgot just how dark and disturbing it was in parts.

Was at a mate's Halloween shindig last night, was good fun with a few twenty and early thirtysomethings there as well as us auld wans, one of whom drunkenly tried to snog me as he fancied yours truly as a "hot daddy." Lol 😁🤣

Happy Halloween, Wherers! 💕🎃🎃🎃

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Just in bed, suffering from a sick belly and stomach pain . Im after googling it and I think i need to go to the doctor.

edit . Back out of bed and I’m out of zzz tablets.

Post edited by cj maxx on

• Advertisement

Oh no, nasty. Dr google is nasty too but get yourself checked out anyway, mind yourself

Advertisement