Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

@Mam of 4 RED ALERT, some hot men in the kitchen here this week..our cholesterol is gonna be sky high..cant wait.🥮🍩🍷

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ah stop , after three months on statins it has reduced from 7.1(🙈) to 5.2 ..... Maybe if I double up on them I can indulge with you 🤣🤣

(Just to make it clear, I wouldn't double up on them really)

• Does cheese really count as a dessert?

I never really got the appeal 🤔

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Myself and Mam are definitely on quality control this week. Sephers well in the lead at the moment. 😛

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Only if it's cake, served with anglais or more cake

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd be very concerned about the welfare of anyone who has Christmas decorations up at this stage.

They're lovely at Christmas, but how could you look at them for 2 months?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,158 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

So much talk of cake and cheese, all with lovely red wine, all sounding delicious.

Getting ready to work, having to tell my body clock to sleep at 8pm and wake up at 2am just doesn’t work, ah well off to watch the sunrise and wave at blue and the OH as I pass through home.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

As somebody who votes savoury over sweet every time, that dessert looks like heaven to me.

Well done @Mam of 4 on the cholesterol reduction!!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

We're in the leaba waiting on the wind. Not our own of course! Movie time. See you guys on the other side of Debi. My first red warning since Ophelia.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Starting here a bit, serious wind behing the raindrops, it'll be wonderful to fall asleep to

In leaba here too, just rain here at the moment but we're not in the red zone. Love a good stormy night when I'm tucked up...stay safe in the morning lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Just rain here too, unbelievably calm… so far… no breeze to speak of…..Dublin north side….

• Registered Users Posts: 25,402 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Forget that, here comes the storm…

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Wow, wind is pretty intense up here..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,075 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Going to listen to a different Deborah for a change. Wind wrecking my head.

• the ironing is delicious the shuffle popped this on whilst I’m genuinely torn at the minute.

I don’t know what to do. I’ve a trial scheduled for today after doing one yesterday they just wanted me to come back for another look.

Thing is I do enjoy the place and it seems like a bit of a buzz and it’s way handier than what I’m doing at the minute.. which is a Chef De Partie (pastry) for a fine dining restaurant.. I’m the sole pastry chef for the place and it’s getting pretty hard to keep pushing everyday.

The place I’m thinking of moving to is just your classic bar and grill type job. Service kitchen so busy almost all day but prep and so on is handy enough but also a much bigger team so when I leave my station it’s not abandoned there’s another chef or two to cover..

But it’s not the same as i’m used to. Where I work at the minute like we wipe our plates with j cloths and every single part of every dish is made in house. Like our new dessert menu, if I take just the caramelised apple crumble, that alone has FIVE parts that all need to be made independently of each other.

Basically there’s about 40 mins of prep at least JUST for the crumble.. consequently 3/5 desserts on this menu are bought in and just plated as necessary (which is very common tbh)

Agh I don’t know what to do. The hours and pay are way better, but I just feel bad saying goodbye to the gang and to the chef I feel like resigning is like spitting in his face almost. He depends so much on all of us it doesn’t seem right to leave, but then I have to worry about myself too, I can’t just fit my life around the restaurant, which admittedly I have been doing.

Im completely torn on what to do. Stay in the restaurant doing what I love to do but get paid peanuts and break my balls.. or jump ship, make food I’m not super passionate about but make a killing and have a life..

gang, I need some advice here. 😅

edit: also the new place is literally 10 mins away and my current work I commute about 90 mins a day to and from so there’s that..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭3d4life

I see Recode the Site is having fun with some Malaysian pussy

@ Racho, thats far to long and complicated for the likes of me to understand. Maybe someone else does tho...

Post edited by Boards.ie: Paul on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

The big question I would ask is "What is the vibe in the new place?" Conditions-wise, it sounds like a no-brainer to make the jump, but if the atmosphere in the new place is off, it might not be worth the hassle. Yes, it's great if you get more money and have a much shorter commute, but do you think you'd be happy in the new job? Also, is there a chance that you might eventually move more towards what you're currently doing in your present job, introduce some of the things you've learned where you are now, or other options for development? Granted, I'm just a lowly office drone, not a chef, but I'd personally take the worse conditions if it would be in a job that I'd enjoy, with a team that I get along well with.

Speaking of office drones, deskside over here, just after a little coffee break with a slice of yesterday's experiment:

Still a bit too chocolatey, but absolutely delicious now 😋

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

If the vibe in the kitchen is good go do it, earn some decent money. There's loads of opportunity to go back to fine dining but being well paid in the new job is rare, sure it's below your level of expertise but maybe go easy on yourself for a year..

Are you OK after the strom, Grem?

The parts of the country that got hit seem to have got hit badly 😢

[Deleted User]

I always find in situations like these, it's best to trust your gut instincts.

You could do all the pro and con lists to the moon and back but is there an underlying gut message trying to tell you something.

Just glad I wasn't working, would have been bloody tough to get there. Power stayed on but cut off briefly from town and that

In the pub having a nice cold pint..a lovely treat after a hectic morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thank you PM . It's getting to an acceptable number, hopefully by the time the next repeat bloods are done.

• Advertisement

Guinness here, before I pay for the oil and cry on to the noodles I will have to eat until new year 🤣

Advertisement