Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You won't regret it, there great little things, you can automate them so they go to work at certain times, also your kittens will love them 😂.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

I say go for it - once you've gone through the process of making your place RoboVacuum suitable you'll love the way setting him off 2-3 times a week (or daily, as fits your circumstances) keeps the floors clean enough to rarely have to haul the hoover out.

Especially good for pet owners too. In my experience keeps the pet hair to acceptable levels so fewer dust bunnies (and helps keep down the cat litter from getting tracked all over the place). Bob despises my Henry vacuum cleaner (too loud, too big, too WTF!) and hides in terror when I get Henry out, but RoboHenry is so much quieter and smaller and is tolerated much better.

I feel the same way about my RoboHenry as I do appliances such as washing machines and dishwashers - they do the dull drudgery of mundane household tasks while I get on with something else.

• Thanks lads!! Think I’ve been swayed. Was mainly worried they’re a bit of a gimmick and not worth it really but sounds like I’m dead wrong 😎

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tomorrow is going to be the start of some seriously tough weeks at work.. Apprehensive to say the least.

• You can do it grem!! We believe in you 😎

got the week off myself, the boss man reckons he’s happier to just pay notice in lieu so I’m happy enough. Have a heap to do between housework and Christmas shopping for kids etc. I’ll be off but I won’t be resting 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Work. Pints. Curry and it's only Wednesday. Decent enough week so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Hope you get through them ok Grem .

Home.. 🏠

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I'm the opposite. Coming out of a mad few weeks and finally seeing a light in the distance. (Both at work and home).

All I can say is make time for quiet/down time daily and mentally switch off when you shut the work door behind you.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

back to work and it’s bloody freezing, by my standards :):) 13C.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,177 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm in a tee shirt and it's approximately the same here 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beautiful dry, crisp, cold, sunny Autumn day, deciduous trees looking beautiful.

❤️❤️❤️

• Saw a bumble bee! Must be out for some food poor divil.

Mind I reckon they’re warm enough being so fuzzy. I wish I was fuzzy like a bumblebee this weather 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

"We have 18 species of bumblebee in Ireland, all of which have suffered a worrying decline over the last three decades. Six of our 18 species are deemed to be facing extinction here unless we take immediate and substantial action to preserve them."

I learned something new last year after a found a smallish hole in the garden and could hear buzzing.. I never knew some bumblebees nest in the ground.

• Bees tend to nest underground all the time! Bumble bees anyway. They don’t build hives like honeybees

I knew about bees/wasps but somehow bumblebees doing the same thing never occurred to me 🙈

Phew, hectic af but not as bad as I'd envisioned, to be fair I'd catasrophised quite wildly 🤣

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chilling here sofaside after a very busy - and eventful - day.

Went to my evening art class in town (the North inner city to be precise) for 6pm straight after work and only heard about the horrific stabbing attack nearby when I arrived at the class. Only a third of the regular group were there - we were asked to do a piece for a Christmas card and then class was ended early at 7.15pm because of the chaos and rioting in town. We could hear sirens blaring all around and helicopters overhead. It was pretty scary.

My OH insisted on driving into town and collecting me from art class. Was so grateful to get out of dodge this evening.

Anyhow, here's what I produced this evening.

Barely slept. Hope the violence is over in Dublin, don't think it'd take much to spark it off again over weekend.

Coffee shortly and face the day. I really have nothing to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

it appears that Dublin really went bat s5it crazy last night, how bad and widespread were the riots?

• Advertisement

• Glad to hear you were okay Jupiter! And anyone else caught in the middle last night or yesterday I hope you are okay as well!!

terrible scenes tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Glad to hear you made it out safe, Jupiter, and I hope all other wherers are safe too. Just had a bomb scare down here in Cork, so keep your wits about yourself, everyone!

Homeside here, last day of my week off, it's back to work on Monday. Doing some work on my blog, getting images and thumbnails for my next three posts ready.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

I hope it's a quiet weekend but I am not holding my breath tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

Just on my way home to relax now for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just got back from doing some "I'm broke" shopping, love the lights in town.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Ah, sad and depressing times for Dublin and Ireland. I hope the victims of that incident pull through. I'm angry and I'm sad.

Let's hope we bounce back, I feel like the atmosphere is a little fragile this weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Kitchen table...was watching the toy show but the 3 chicks started arguing while watching it.....ah the traditions 😁😁😁✋️

Advertisement