Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve suffered from insomnia all my life . Reading use to help tire my eyes but until I get my new glasses on Monday thats out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Beautiful sunshine out now. Was raining up to 10am.

Put some food out for the birds in the feeder, and on the ground for the ground feeding birds, in the shape of a cross because it's a Sunday. It's as close as I get to religion these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Put up our Xmas tree last night and a friend left a box of fancy chocolate biscuits under it. OH dragged me out of bed when she discovered that Blue had eaten the biscuits. Luckily they turned out to be more biscuit than chocolate, watched him all night but they had no effect on him.

Phew. Also dark chocolate is worse than milk chocolate for them.

Grapes, raisins, ... are also dangerous for dogs so don't leave them around. It's so easy to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭ruth...less

I know what it's like when you can't sleep but I haven't got insomnia but I understand it's not nice.

I think I have a kind of tablet aversion so the minute I hear anyone taking anything..my initial thought is..how to go another way about it..but if I'm really sick..I'm taking any tablet to help it.

• Advertisement

• Yes you should speak to whoever is in charge. I would be having a word with the head pharmacist.

There are policies in place to deal with concerns about customers and really the only person who should be spoken to is yourself or perhaps your GP— and I’m not sure how I’d even feel about a chemist ringing up my doctor to discuss what I’m buying!

very sorry to hear that you had such an experience honestly. You’re doing tremendous work to beat your addiction and in my opinion what that person did is paramount to just gossiping.

Just had a mug of tea and cheese, ham, mayonnaise, whole grain bread sandwiches. 😋 Might go out for a walk and a coffee while the sun is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just decided against a walk after stepping outside my front door. My handheld anemometer registered 60 km/h gusts down here in Cork, Met Éireann has really slept on this one.

On the plus side, got a pot of bad weather food (goulash) bubbling away on the hob and plenty of drinks and other stuff.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Looking at the sea. Through a window thankfully, jaysis you wouldn't put a fish out in it

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

Decided to do a bit of hygge self-care for tonight - I have the makings of hot chocolate with whipped cream and little marshmallows. Going to make a vast bucket of the stuff, then sup it whilst wrapped in a blankie and gazing at the Christmas tree!

• Advertisement

Blue very nicely gave us back the wrapping paper for the biscuits, puked it all up :):):)

I’m off to the USA in a few hours for training. The New York New Jersey area is bloody freezing, so there is no way that I’m renting an EV this time.

Just waiting for the go ahead to cook the dinner. It's roast duck and veg. Just in time dinners. Thanks to instant messaging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭suvigirl

Opened a very disappointing red wine, just not going with my cheese and crackers at all 😭 been looking forward to this for the last 4 nights at work.

debating whether to brave the weather & go for a different one, or just give up and bed early!

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

schlurp

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The mug! I love it

Times I wish I didn't have me insulated mugs so I could buy things like this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh imagine if it was thermodynamic, aaaaargh next level amazing

03:30 is an insane time for a flight departure, and this is a 13:30 hour flight. Think we shall cross over ireland in about 7 hours

• Advertisement

And then the time zone changes, uck, I don't envy you

Watching something called Ferry on flix, could be fun actually

• Registered Users Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Still in the dog house! But got the bed tonight as I'm up here first. Take that sucker! Starfish time! Enjoy the couch hotel and the crumbs.😁

There are times when crumbs in bed are more than ok, spread forth 😜

Deskside at work here. Started out as a lovely day, with a nice bike ride to work, but now everything's gone grey and dull outside.

Well, at least the coffee is fresh and hot ☕☕

Status update: Aaaaaarrrrrrggggghhhh!!!!! 🤯😵‍💫

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Do you ever start a task get halfway through it and wonder why TF did I start this, but you're now committed, the task is taking 500 million times longer than you thought it would and frustration is building by the second....you could cut your loses but you'll be kicking yourself if you do that too......well that's the hell I'm in now 😅😅😅

Woke up like

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

My sleep is also messed up. I could go to bed and i'd be still awake 2–3 hours later and when i finally do go to sleep it could be about 40 minutes and i'd wake again and that can happen multiple times a night. I remember a few months back i actually went to sleep and stayed asleep for most of the night and the next i felt really amazing and was kinda stunned on what i was missing and the way i felt every day was not normal. I'm jealous of people who can get to sleep easy and stay asleep!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

ac had a decent sleep , despite thinking I heard knocking on the door. Only got up now, but I needed sleep.

Advertisement