Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The most awful smell while roasting, just "fowl"

• yeah sometimes I wish I could forget

not me at 12am struggling, for god knows why, to write the grocery list??

ive three tabs open for Tesco, Aldi n Dunnes stores I’m tethering ever closer towards opening a SuperValu one (as if it will help but desperate times and all that) and I wonder to myself how I can even get up in the morning if I can’t write a basic shopping list.

Only to remember I can and do often but for some reason that escapes me I cannot get my head around what the hell I need for Christmas Day dinner…

mother of god what is happening

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Going to bed now! That was more work than I thought it would be!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Couchside, watching a remake of The Evil Dead. OH has already turned in for the night. All the Christmas cards are done. ✍️✍️👍

Good old friend from schooldays dropped over this evening, he’s back for a few days from Spain where he now lives with his wife and two boys to see his very ill mum, who has been admitted to hospital with complications from spreading cancer. His mother is a warm, kind and very elegant lady in her late 70s. God love her. 😢

Needless to say, he wasn’t in the jolliest of moods as we chatted. But good to see him nonetheless.

• Attempt number two of following a basic plan went out the window when I was up til 3am making a shopping list.. it’s done tho so go me.

the rest I’ll deal with tomorrow. At this stage I actually don’t care anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

I know the feeling, my plans tend to go out the window so quickly I'm actually surprised that I still have windows...

Anyway, working from home today, first cake for a work event tomorrow has just gone into the oven. Still not great, but far better than over the weekend. The sunshine helps too, I guess...

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Glad things are a little better Thomil . Day by day, or hour by hour, whatever gets you through 🤗

Windows done, inside and out , thank feck . It's a thankless job , plus too many windows in this house 🙈🤣

Always trouble with Windows, Mam. Have you thought of switching to Mac? 😜😂

(Sorry, had to go there...)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lol 😂 I walked straight into that one didn't I 🙈🤣

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,181 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Working tonight, hopefully there's a bit more sleep in me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I'm tired.

And just had a vision of sausages, eggs, beans and chips.

I haven't even gotten around to lunch or even breakfast yet. Been baking since this morning. Never thought when joining a software company that I'd end up as a baker... 😋🙃

Heading out to work shortly. See how badly town is jammed up today 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

That sounds lovely right about now as long as the beans are not touching the egg.

Have pigs in blankets myself in the air fryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Home for the evening. We went out for lunch today and I don’t think I’ll need to eat again until Saturday 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A controversial opinion there! I prefer the runny egg over the beans to let both juices mix together. I guess that's why the beans in a ramikan thing came about. Let's you make up your own mind. I get both.

Enjoyed some pub drinkies with friends tonight. We are doing it again with Christmas gear on Thursday. A decent lot. We are trying to avoid those Christmas drinkers that will drift in on Friday. A nice beef casserole and mash in the belly. Simple stuff. None of that fake Christmas bullshit that goes around. It's what you make it or not.

Tae and telly.

• More than I’m willing to think about spent but finally have gifts sorted!! 🤣

too soon to get fresh groceries but will be heading to dunnes soon for some stuff to make a few bits that freeze well so I can take some pressure off 😎

Deskside, just about to fall asleep here. Had a Christmas lunch/Farewell lunch for a very dear colleague of ours, that's why I made those two cakes yesterday. Between the food and the cake (need to check the quality of my work after all 😉), I'm completely stuffed. And there's the building-wide holiday event starting at 3.30...

Sitting here staring at the screen. The network was really slow earlier on. Unfortunately it's back to normal now. 😒

• Advertisement

Had to get out for a coffee.

Went out for a pint, cards and a few meds collected, some posted blah blah due diligence etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I made and froze the stuffing yesterday..after I ate the obligatory few spoonfuls of course.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

• I think it’s mandatory to take advantage of chefs privilege. 🤣

when the turkey and ham are cooked off I generally have a quick sandwich, just to make sure it’s up to scratch. 😂

I'm often so full from taste testing that there's barely room for a small portion if I am to save myself for dessert 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When I was a child, my mam would cook the ham on Christmas eve. I'd sneak into the kitchen and cut big chunks of the fat off and devour them, still hot to the taste.

She had sugar, cloves and cider on it.

I had fancy taste buds as a nipper 😄

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 5,900 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Ham sandwich Christmas Eve is a tradition...used to be after midnight mass but mass got banged on the head 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Just passed the youngest chick (11) as she came out of the toilet.....flicked her thumb back towards the toilet and said without stopping .. "wouldnt want to go in there"

Oh they make me laugh. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Image of me today

Advertisement