Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

It was slightly purplely here this evening, beautiful shades across the sky . So nice to see ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,081 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Finished until January.

Could not bear it any longer.

Thank God !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hop on the motorway leggings and it's not that far really 😏

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

I'm trying to figure out where you were Sephers (not in a stalking way😁)...Cashmans??🍺

Just home on the couch, I would happily stay on my couch until January, absolutely bate...I ate nothing today apart from complete rubbish and I'm feeling like a beached whale, no mind for wine which is very worrying. ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Watching the FIFA club final game, had tickets for the semi final but was too jet lagged to attend. Spent the last few days devoted to the OH and Blue. Still haven’t worked out his relationship with the OH, best friends to worst enemies all in the same minute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nope, counihans down Oliver plunkett st , you should have come in @[Deleted User] I would have brought you a drink 😏

I like that place, I'll definitely get that pint some day.😁🍺

That's it I'm reserving a place for the next 52 weeks of the year , come in any time 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

I used drink there before I moved to Galway....Happy days

Start in An Spailpin, head to the Bodhran, next was Rob Roy then Counihans, pop into Cantys and then mooch back up to the An Spaipin.......

Now Im homesick ....

Great choices, you'd often find me in the Bodhran these days, great music and great chat in there, we love it. The Spailpin was brilliant , lots of bikers and plenty old fashioned fist fights outside afterwards...the good oul days.😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

At the Blanchardstown Centre getting wrapping paper and some last minute bits & bobs.

Very busy - but not utter pandemonium as I'd feared.

Only 2 days and 4 hours to go! 😁🎅🎄🎄

Loved the Bodhran.....yes the Spailpin was a great place for the fist fights.....but that was the 70's 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Finished up work at 1pm until the second week in January, very lucky to have the pause. It was the kind of day in work where we had Christmas pudding and cakes for out elevenses.

I just love catching up and meeting up with friends and family this time of year.

My days of mad boozy Christmas lock ins are long gone but I love visiting people who are home from afar. And I've pledged myself to get out for a walk every day too.

Oh and lots of Netflix and a few good reads too.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 21,915 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Enjoy PM ☺️ Time to do things that you enjoy, and I agree with you, it's so nice to be able to catch up with friends and family that you might not have seen in a while. Enjoy the break ☺️

• Registered Users Posts: 17,036 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sounds lovely PM, plenty of relaxation and TV for me too, plus a few nights out.

Everyone seems to be exhausted, I'm looking forward to the mornings getting brighter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I reckon I'm the only boozed up post work person here. Unless the rest of you are hiding something! Utterly exhausted. Pissed off with people from work to shops to simply sitting behind three cars at a set of lights. Gonna have another beer and a curry. Happy Christmas lads no matter what you do. But do it well anyway.

Don't get me started on the dark mornings.

I pass several different schools' bus pick up points in the morning driving to work.

The amount of children walking along roads to the pick up points or standing outside their gates, all in dark clothes and not paying attention is frightening. I've really noticed it this year more than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,165 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I agree about the dark mornings. Especially in relation to kids walking to a bus stop. Ms G wears a high viz on the way. However I had a fooking meltdown last winter when she got into trouble for wearing it on school grounds after getting off the bus . The utter stupidity of teaching staff and the ircrazy uniform rules that they enforce.

In other news. I'm tucked up in the leaba. A belly full of beer and curry. Do not even attempt to judge me.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Our intellectual dog

Just back from food shopping, got tonnes of Butlers, Cadbury, Keoughs and Bolands as well as Kerrygold butter :)

• Advertisement

• Whipped up some baileys custard and toffee apple mix before work 😎

tomorrow is pastry cases and crumble topping for The Big Day™️

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Scipri0

The time since Covid is after flying by! All that lost time. Going to head out tonight. I know it's probably going to be packed, but hopefully not Christmas eve packed! Then for the rest of the Christmas i'll be taking it easy.

Finally, a dry, warm, sunny day with lots of wind to clear up all the muck that's lodges since the end of June. Just cleaning up around the outside to make the place presentable for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just getting ready to head into town and get the last few bits & bobs for Christmas. Also should renew my "urban combat" certification, given the usual madness. Then, it'll be time to bake a cake just for me and take it easy until Wednesday.

And I sure do need that, I was so done yesterday evening that I tried to open the turnstiles at work with my home key fob and tried to get into my apartment using my company badge... 😵‍💫😵‍💫

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Im in the safety of the toilet.....my three chicks are currently shouting the ears off each other....all because of the ipad.......i wouldnt mind but I own the ipad.....when i mentioned that to them they took their anger out on me.....so ive legged it.......bloody females 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Post edited by JupiterKid on

Yes, the toilet is the last respite in times of trouble.

Having a really nice coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

"I'm sorry, I've run the numbers through twice - we can't afford the cat."

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Addmagnet

My landlord's cat, Leo - looks like he's definitely going to be leaving them a "present" under the tree!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

That cat is NOT amused in the slightest 😱 Your boss should sleep with an eye open for the next few weeks, Addmagnet!

Town is crazy, as expected, but I got everything needed. Now home to grab a few final treats, and then it's time for the "ståde Zeit" (southern German/Austrian dialect for the "silent time" between Christmas and New Year, when things traditionally quiet down)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Just in from the madness of a supermarket.

Is there a famine forecast or something??

In other observations, I spotted an ex who I allowed to treat me appallingly when I was much younger and less wiser. Felt a stab of glee that his once dashing looks have long faded 🤭

Advertisement