Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Me, trying to decipher this thread ...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,018 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Lashing here and someone having a shower. Not sure if I will die by flood or high energy prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

You won’t die. Funeral costs are off the scale. I’m speaking from experience here…

But yeah, prices are absolutely insane! For everything, not just fuel. I wish we could simply add an inflation surcharge to our salaries…

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah, all this talk of bacon fries is fairly low brow stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Duvet, I cannot continue to hold your hand or be by your side in everything you do!!

You're on your own with the clothes peg pics 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Me every morning 😂😂

@gifted You may show us your clothes pegs 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Tonight feels like October. It's depressing.

I'm curled up on the sofa with a blanket.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

It really is a rotter today. I don't need it to warm up or be glorious or anything. I just want it to stop raining for a few goddamn days like !

My hair hates the damp. Frizz central. I've been having 7 months now of bad hair days and it's time for a break ! 😩

It's very cold 🥶 I've the heating on plus the reliable snoodie. Am tired of it, we need to be able to get outside without layer upon layer of clothing on us .

Whinge over 🤣

• Advertisement

Enough is enough already.

I have lots of outdoor jobs that need tackling 🥴

What's the deal with the typo errors on the site? The first letter of a new sentence duplicates 🙉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Landlord informed us we're low on heating oil. Heat turned off until delivery pay day. It feels like it's just drinking it now.

Are you feckin’ joking? Makes me glad I’m hooked up to a gas line for heating & hot water. The bill bleeds me dry every two months but at least, I always have fuel..

Living room in my cozy chair. From unwelcome surprises at work to nearly burning down the kitchen and flooding the living room, today has been a day to forget. Time for some jazz and journaling now, and then, it’s off to hit the sheets!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Glad to be home after a rough day on the roads today, got soaked at a funeral and then it rained all the way home. Enough already!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Well that's harsh...😛😁.

I was just reading something about the eclipse and how it potentially affects us all, anyway it gave possible symptoms depending on your star sign and mine says that I'd really struggle to get out on bed today...now I know it's probably all makey uppy but I must have said it 10 times today that I almost stayed in bed and rang in sick this morning, I really thought today was just awful....have I been 'eclipsed' ?☺️😁

Lol, trying to get a med cert for work explaining you're suffering from Eclipse Syndrome 😁

I found people to be in bad form today.

I just wanted to skip today too. Everywhere squelchy and muddy underfoot. I had that weather.

Wtaf is happening with the typing on this site 🤬🤬🤬

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭ottolwinner

It’s like an other continent here altogether. Not a drop of rain all day and hearing road reports of road closures due to flooding down south.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

It’s been utterly rotten today, weather wise. You’d hardly think it was April. March was a chilly one this year, too.

My interview went rather well, I think (hope!). It was a panel of four online and I think I might have impressed some of them. Getting some doubts now about things I might have said better, but I had been a nervous wreck for much of the past week in anticipation. The waiting game now. 🤞🤞🤞

Watching news coverage of the solar eclipse in North America on the TV - I saw the 1999 eclipse in Luxembourg with my big sis and some of her friends - she was living and working in Brussels at the time and I flew over, then we drove down to stay with a friend of hers very near the path of totality. It was cloudy but we were lucky to catch a break in the clouds. What an experience! I very much hope to see another in my lifetime. 🌞🌑🌞

Post edited by JupiterKid on

We always second guess/doubt ourselves after interviews/exams. We are our own worst enemies.

Just be grateful that the experience is over and surrender that what will be will be 🤗

I always find the photos of thousands of people staring, still and quiet, at a solar eclipse fascinating. For a few minutes they are not rushing around and everyone is in agreement about something, i.e. the wonder of the universe and the fact that we are here, alive, witnessing it.

And then it's over and the madness and destruction resumes.

• Advertisement

Sorry for the bum note folks.

Ugh, my brain is running on auxiliary generators today. Can it please be Friday already?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Well Folks...theres ĝreat drying up here in Galway today.....😁😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Today is not my day, Vertigo continuing on from yesterday and now have a pounding headache and I just want to curl up in my bed 🙃

🙏🙏 Lotto Gods here my prayers 😉😄

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

Bet he took his glasses off.😉😂

Absolutely allergic again today..it's baltic and miserable here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Sunny up here...not med weather but its fresh and sunny.

Warm, windy and sunny here.

Amazing drying weather alright.

A beautiful Spring day.

Beautiful day outside, even if it is still a bit on the chilly side. Also, a number of calls that I was not looking forward to at all has been cancelled after the first call turned into quite the train wreck. The urge to say "I told you so" has never been so strong!

• Advertisement

Advertisement