Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of Pumped Concrete

Options
  • 31-03-2021 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Want to lay a concrete base for garden room/shed. Nothing fancy.

100mm x 8m x 5m = 4 cu m

Any idea on price? I’ve read ~ 60-90€ per du m.

I need to pump it to the end of the garden so that’s 60m!!!!

Any other comments appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Can mini tracked dumper be driven down the side entrance about 20 trips would do 4 m³ at a 800mm entrance about 80e for the day . Delivery could be extra, bigger the entrance bigger the dumper
    Concrete pump over house allow about 500e to arrive on site for ½ day.
    Concrete itself budget 90e /m³

• Registered Users Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭karlitob

Can mini tracked dumper be driven down the side entrance about 20 trips would do 4 m³ at a 800mm entrance about 80e for the day . Delivery could be extra, bigger the entrance bigger the dumper
    Concrete pump over house allow about 500e to arrive on site for ½ day.
    Concrete itself budget 90e /m³

Nah, that fecking side access!!! I can get a wheelie bin and a wheelbarrow down - not side by side.

I’ve a flat roof beside the side access. Do you literally mean that the pump can go up onto the flat roof and all the way down to the back - at least a 60m pump? And that would be €500 for half a day on top of the concrete?

Final q - do they guys help pour and spread the concrete? Or rather what’s the most that they will do to help.

Thanks for replying.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭westgolf

karlitob wrote: »
    Nah, that fecking side access!!! I can get a wheelie bin and a wheelbarrow down - not side by side.

I’ve a flat roof beside the side access. Do you literally mean that the pump can go up onto the flat roof and all the way down to the back - at least a 60m pump? And that would be €500 for half a day on top of the concrete?

Final q - do they guys help pour and spread the concrete? Or rather what’s the most that they will do to help.

Thanks for replying.

Good pump will go over main house and reach end of garden, just need to be able to fit in the pump truck at the front of the property and still have space for the mixer truck.

westgolf wrote: »
    Good pump will go over main house and reach end of garden, just need to be able to fit in the pump truck at the front of the property and still have space for the mixer truck.

Ah two trucks. Thanks.

There’s the road. But the neighbours will clear it for us. Thanks again.

One final final question. It seems fairly obvious that it’s stupid to even attempt to mix by hand. It’s not cheaper, the job isn’t as good, and you’d never get the mix as right as the ready mix is. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

karlitob wrote: »
    Ah two trucks. Thanks.

There’s the road. But the neighbours will clear it for us. Thanks again.

One final final question. It seems fairly obvious that it’s stupid to even attempt to mix by hand. It’s not cheaper, the job isn’t as good, and you’d never get the mix as right as the ready mix is. Is that correct?

Hand mix 4m³ of concrete :confused: don't even go there about 6.5 ton of gravel and 80 mixes + about 40 bags of cement and still have to barrow it in. About a m³ would be acceptable after that just not worth the hardship.( and I love hardship :D)

The road would possibly fully blocked for about 2 -3 hrs the pump lorry and mixer lorry take up a good area if they can't get off the road and the concrete pump lorry stabilisers take up as much area as the lorry itself. Think about the area 2 double decker busses take up.

A few companies have on board pumps on the mixer but I think the max reach is about 20 m from the lorry cab.

• Advertisement

Thanks for everyone’s advice and time in replying.

Advertisement