Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF Siro Speeds Dropping Dramatically at 8pm...Anyone else?

Options
  • 31-03-2021 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey everyone,

This has been wrecking my head for about a month at this stage and i still can't get an answer off VF.

I had VF Siro Installed since last November and on the 1000mb plan but recently began streaming IPTV and i've been seeing that around 8pm/8.30pm my speed drops dramatically....at 5.52pm it was 928mb down and at 10.17pm it had dropped to 13mb down....That's a bit of a drop!

I've been chatting to customer service people on twitter and I've done everything they suggested but it continues to happen. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? I thought Siro wasn't supposed to have contention isuses?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Hey everyone,

This has been wrecking my head for about a month at this stage and i still can't get an answer off VF.

I had VF Siro Installed since last November and on the 1000mb plan but recently began streaming IPTV and i've been seeing that around 8pm/8.30pm my speed drops dramatically....at 5.52pm it was 928mb down and at 10.17pm it had dropped to 13mb down....That's a bit of a drop!

I've been chatting to customer service people on twitter and I've done everything they suggested but it continues to happen. Has anybody else experienced anything like this? I thought Siro wasn't supposed to have contention isuses?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Theres a few threads on here with similar issues through VF or Sky. Basically you have your siro physical connection but they it is handed over to be processed by VF or Sky or Eir or BT etc. It is possible that VF traffic is slow at 8pm whereas BT traffic has no such issue as they all deal with their own traffic separately even though all the neighbourhood has the same siro line.
    Keep at VF, keep records, then lodge a complaint, then go to comreg if they don't allow you out of contract. Thats if they don't manage to fix your issue

• Registered Users Posts: 5 healykieran

TheDriver wrote: »
    Theres a few threads on here with similar issues through VF or Sky. Basically you have your siro physical connection but they it is handed over to be processed by VF or Sky or Eir or BT etc. It is possible that VF traffic is slow at 8pm whereas BT traffic has no such issue as they all deal with their own traffic separately even though all the neighbourhood has the same siro line.
    Keep at VF, keep records, then lodge a complaint, then go to comreg if they don't allow you out of contract. Thats if they don't manage to fix your issue

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

I had the same issue with digiweb siro. Luckily i was nearing the end of my contract, so i joined pure telecom and it has been flawless 4 months in now. I will NEVER go near eir vodafone or digiweb again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I had the same issue with digiweb siro. Luckily i was nearing the end of my contract, so i joined pure telecom and it has been flawless 4 months in now. I will NEVER go near eir vodafone or digiweb again.

Pure follow the eir routing path so both are equal in that regard, customer service is a whole different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭dasilverfox

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Pure follow the eir routing path so both are equal in that regard, customer service is a whole different ball game.

I thought eir and are siro are not the same. Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought siro was esb and vodafone and nothing to do with eir. Anyway as i said digiweb was getting very slow in the evenings til i moved to pure it's much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,226 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Is anyone throttling, those speed drops sound very suspicious?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,482 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought eir and are siro are not the same. Correct me if i'm wrong but i thought siro was esb and vodafone and nothing to do with eir. Anyway as i said digiweb was getting very slow in the evenings til i moved to pure it's much better.

I'd say there's confusion over the product. Pure sell both Eir and Siro products

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I was getting 975mbs on VF gigabit on Siror when installed but barely 50mbs last Thursday. I thought there should be no issues on contention. I was on to customer service but only a marginal improvement. They are sending someone out.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I was getting 975mbs on VF gigabit on Siror when installed but barely 50mbs last Thursday. I thought there should be no issues on contention. I was on to customer service but only a marginal improvement. They are sending someone out.

I've been onto Tech Support twice and they were supposed to give me a call back but I'm still waiting, I was chatting to a customer service person on Twitter Thursday and thankfully Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night was perfect, maintained a fairly constant speed of 500mb/600mb down but Sunday night and last night it was back to its old tricks, about 22mb down last night and 29mb down Sunday night.

I've been taking screenshots of the the speed tests to have an account.

They haven't offered to send anyone out which is annoying :-(

I've been onto Tech Support twice and they were supposed to give me a call back but I'm still waiting, I was chatting to a customer service person on Twitter Thursday and thankfully Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night was perfect, maintained a fairly constant speed of 500mb/600mb down but Sunday night and last night it was back to its old tricks, about 22mb down last night and 29mb down Sunday night.

I've been taking screenshots of the the speed tests to have an account.

They haven't offered to send anyone out which is annoying :-(

There's no point in sending anyone it's a routing issue. VF are routing through a hub that's badly congested I had exactly the same problem with sky BB, I moved to eir and everything was perfect. Do a trace route on your computer tonight and you'll see it stalling at a certain IP, that's where the bottleneck is.

• Advertisement

There's no point in sending anyone it's a routing issue. VF are routing through a hub that's badly congested I had exactly the same problem with sky BB, I moved to eir and everything was perfect. Do a trace route on your computer tonight and you'll see it stalling at a certain IP, that's where the bottleneck is.

Thanks for that CoBo! Any tips on how to run a trace route on a Mac?

Thanks for that CoBo! Any tips on how to run a trace route on a Mac?

Not a clue unfortunately. I'm sure it can be done.

Not a clue unfortunately. I'm sure it can be done.

No bother! I've an IT buddy i might try annoy haha

Thanks for the help though i really appreciate it, it's been cracking me for the last month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

No bother! I've an IT buddy i might try annoy haha

Thanks for the help though i really appreciate it, it's been cracking me for the last month

I feel your pain, in fairness to sky they tried everything, they rang in the evenings when it was terrible but nothing worked so they let me out of the contract and move to another provider, I still have TV with them.

Advertisement