Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

April Fools day

• 31-03-2021 11:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,069 ✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow is April fools day.

Anything that might catch some out post it here. I've spotted nathin so far in the normal sources, ie the papers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

It feels like the past year has been the joke.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,507 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭uch

Me Late Ma's Birthday, she'd batter us if we acted the Maggot

21/25

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Government have announced a viable, phased road map out of Lockdown III.

....like hell!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

I find it slightly worrying that April 1st is the only day of the year that people really critically analyze the news before accepting it as true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Seems a good time to wheel out the all time classic, with an explanation of how it came about!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,119 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I find it slightly worrying that April 1st is the only day of the year that people really critically analyze the news before accepting it as true

Hmmm, I don't believe this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭rock22

Well here's one I spotted earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubmany

I've sent an unexpectedly high value invoice to a client this morning, hope he doesn't think it's an April Fools' joke.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got the kids already. The key broke in the sitting room door last night, so we have no access to the telly, laptop, playstation or ipad. There may have been tears. I owned up after breakfast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

A Northside attempt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I fell hook, line and sinker for the Newstalk gag with Shane Coleman walking out in a strop with Ciara Kelly.
    I was on his side:P, claiming that CK is an annoying conservative who can't see beyond her own middle class bubble, accusing SC of being a grinch because he likes different things to her!!
    Morto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭buckwheat

beertons wrote: »
    Got the kids already. The key broke in the sitting room door last night, so we have no access to the telly, laptop, playstation or ipad. There may have been tears. I owned up after breakfast.

Mine (9 and 7) were pulled out of bed and school uniforms thrown at them. Told them there was an announcement that schools had to start making up time. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Flowergirl201

buckwheat wrote: »
    Mine (9 and 7) were pulled out of bed and school uniforms thrown at them. Told them there was an announcement that schools had to start making up time. Not impressed.

I told mine they were going back on Tues and there was a heap of homework to be done before they had to go back. 5 yr old didn't care, 8 yr old didn't believe us and 13 yr old threw a strop. Fun

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I told mine they were going back on Tues and there was a heap of homework to be done before they had to go back. 5 yr old didn't care, 8 yr old didn't believe us and 13 yr old threw a strop. Fun

I did the school one last year, they wouldn't go for that again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭Yester

rock22 wrote: »
    Well here's one I spotted earlier

As soon as I clicked it I thought it was going to be an Aprils fools trick and I was caught. Phew! Now I just need ot go offline and not talk to anyone for the rest of the day and I should survive unfooled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

April Fools is dead, nothing can top the real headlines over the last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭lucalux

Drive thru weddings at Supermacs :)

https://supermacs.ie/drive-thru-wedding-service/

(free cookies on online orders if you missed the reception, use code HITCHED :p)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,812 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Barge carrying third Luke Kelly sculpture wedged in Royal Canal

https://www.thejournal.ie/royal-canal-5398143-Apr2021/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

April Fools is dead, nothing can top the real headlines over the last year.

If he had any sense of humour at all, the chief medical officer would appear stony-faced on the 6-1 news tonight to announce a new and highly contagious variant of Covid19 that's totally resistant to vaccines and completely untreatable. Anyone who contracts it (and because of how contagious it is, that'll be everyone) will be dead within a matter of hours.

And then he'd appear on the 9 O'Clock news with a big grin on his face to announce that he was only messing and that everyone should carry on holding firm and staying safe, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,836 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ze germins have a sense of humour???? surely that an april fool's prank in itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The blockage of the Suez canal is estimated to have cost hundreds of millions of pounds, as well as threatening Europe’s vital supply chains from Asia, bringing everything from toilet roll and iPhones to takeaways and PPE.

The UN had previously commissioned a feasibility study from the international tunnelling company OFP Lariol, which estimated “Suez 2” could be dredged within five years.

The canal would run in a near straight line into the Gulf of Aqaba in the Red Sea.

“Technology has moved on considerably since the excavation of the first canal in the 1850s,” said the study’s author, Iver Shovel.

“A separate issue is the slight fall in sea levels in the Mediterranean that may happen once we flood the new canal, which could lead to wider and longer beaches.”The Foreign Office said it was aware of the plans, which are being overseen by the UN committee for Trade Routes Uniting Economies.

Sources said the UK would be prepared to play a leading role in any project to help “level up the region and build back better”.

“We have the expertise and could share our preliminary designs for the proposed tunnel links to Northern Ireland,” said an official, who also pointed to the prime minister’s successful track record in large-scale infrastructure projects.

Another alternative the UN is looking at involves recreating an ancient passage to the Nile from the Red Sea.

“It’s an exciting idea,” said Mo Sez, a regional expert in water division management, whose staff are managing a feasibility study of the area.

Although maritime engineers have warned that the river would not have capacity for 20,000-container “megaships” such as the Ever Given, transferring goods to flotillas of smaller boats could provide a modern solution.

Felucca operators could carry as much as 28% of the Suez cargo volumes, or less. Camel trains would be on standby should water levels in the Nile drop.

Questioned whether such a scheme remained feasible, a spokesperson said: “See those pyramids? We built those, didn’t we?”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/01/suez-2-ever-given-grounding-prompts-plan-for-canal-along-egypt-israel-border

Kudos for Mo Sez the water division manager

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Kudos for Mo Sez the water division manager

And “UN committee for Trade Routes Uniting Economies.”: UN TRUE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭sidcon

Got my wife's family with this
    Loof lirpa 16:45 Uttoxeter current 4/1 fixed race for anyone interested

Even had some of them transfer money so I could put on bet as they could not find the horse🀣🀣🀣ðŸ´ðŸ´ðŸ’°ðŸ’°

Wife made me give the money back😭😭

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

And “UN committee for Trade Routes Uniting Economies.”: UN TRUE

And the study author, Iver Shovel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

anyone see Matt Lucas's prank on the One Show yesterday?? t'was class

• Advertisement

Deliveroo in France send everyone fake bills for €466 for pizza they didn’t order as a joke.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-56617049

I remember having to go to a work thing in the UK with a load of people from my office, and the receptionist at the shítty Premier Inn we were staying in telling me that I’d used £60 worth of stuff from the mini bar. After 5 minutes of arguing with her, she cracked up laughing and told me she was joking and that I “should see my face”. Turns out she was doing it to everyone who was paying their bill (about 30 people), which explained why it was taking so long. I didn’t really see the funny side of having my time wasted in an attempted fraud, to be honest.

well it wasn't attempted fraud if it was an april's fool prank

fryup wrote: »
    well it wasn't attempted fraud if it was an april's fool prank

My trip wasn’t in April. I’m not sure what she would have done if anyone just paid. She was really dragging the arse out if it. Let’s settle on “extremely unprofessional behaviour”.

Advertisement