Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dubs

• 01-04-2021 8:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Caught training together. What the hell were they thinking? Would have thought this kind of nonsenses had stopped after Down and Cork caught out months ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Would that be the team or the citizens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Caught training together. What the hell were they thinking? Would have thought this kind of nonsenses had stopped after Down and Cork caught out months ago.

They were wrong, I've already said it on the GAA page, but I also think the guidelines surrounding sport are also wrong.

LOI clubs can train no problem.
    GAA clubs can't.

Only GAA players can catch the virus is the message I read from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

The ban was only on County teams training. Not a hybrid team from the best players of four counties training. The only important thing for the GAA these days is that the DunlaoireRathdown-Fingal-DublinSouth-DublinCity hybrid regional team win the All Ireland to keep the sponsors happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They were wrong, I've already said it on the GAA page, but I also think the guidelines surrounding sport are also wrong.

GAA clubs can't.

One of the reasons the GAA lost its status was down to the fact that teams were found to be breaching restrictions up and down the country - challenge matches, lock ins after county finals etc

This comes a day after the GAA instructed teams not to train until the allowed date so the fact that this was ignored so quickly creates doubt as to whether it was right to let the county training resume at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

It's not the training this rule is against as much as it is the crowds that come together to watch
    So the theory is if you half the amount of sessions (allow one and not the other) you achieve the compromise of some training but less social trimmings
    Its the social side that's the biggest problem
    Its not that they are saying one set of trainers is more susceptible than another
    It was never that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

It has to be an April's fool prank.. They would never be that stupid. Its worked though and got people up in arms..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I was returning home from a medical appointment 2 days ago and spotted the Blackrock college boys out training. I know they think they're elite athletes but that doesn't make it true. Yet no mention in the newspapers. Why do they care so much about GAA teams breaking the rules? Report on everyone or no one, none of this picking and choosing.

Shame on those involved here though. They should be setting an example, not breaking rules to get an advantage that they don't need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

DellyBelly wrote: »
    It has to be an April's fool prank.. They would never be that stupid. Its worked though and got people up in arms..

It’s in the worst possible taste if it’s an April Fool’s prank.

Stephen Kenny has also been named manager of the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56,710 ✭✭✭✭walshb

GAA......Ugh!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

begbysback wrote: »
    Stephen Kenny has also been named manager of the year

And quite rightly so.

We are going to show Portugal how to kick the ****e out of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Really wouldn’t have expected Dublin to do this, of all counties. They seem very honest and professional. Reputation is severely tarnished now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭ebbsy

walshb wrote: »
    GAA......Ugh!!!!!!!

What if they were wearing boxing gloves.

Would ye like it then.

DellyBelly wrote: »

If it is some sort of a joke by the Dublin GAA or Dublin media then:

1. It is in remarkably bad taste
    2. Joking about the Dublin team breaking the rules to agitate the bon Dublin fans will only backfire as it highlights the sense of entitlement that Dublin have.
    3. It puts the financial and population doping that Dublin have back into the public awareness and can only lead to renewed calls for the Dublin team to be split into the 4 counties that now make up the Dublin region everywhere else bar in the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dubmany

Clickbait title. It's Dublin GAA.

ebbsy wrote: »
    What if they were wearing boxing gloves.

Would ye like it then.

They may as well be!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Check the date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Its an April Fools joke folks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

Every club in the country at this
    A nothing story imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

thegills wrote: »
    From a variety of sources? It's not just the Indo or RTE.

• Advertisement

If it is it is in very bad taste.

C__MC wrote: »
    Every club in the country at this
    A nothing story imo

No, they are not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Up the Dumbs.

Folk have lost their jobs for breaking restrictions.......... presumably the players will lose their squad place for at least a season.

• Utter gutter journalism fully designed to cause maximum outrage.

Lockdown is finished in Dublin, has been for a few weeks as the Govt failed to come up with a comprehensive plan. Everyone is getting on with it. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what is happening.

As for anyone who thinks it's an April fools. That would be a fairly disgusting one. Highly unlikely.

Lockdown is finished in Dublin, has been for a few weeks as the Govt failed to come up with a comprehensive plan. Everyone is getting on with it. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what is happening..............

Tell that to retail, restaurants, pubs, gyms, hairdressers and all those mandated to wfh.
    Finished me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

In all fairness what they going to do?
    Banning dessie Farrell dosent really do much given they won't get a half decent game until at least the semi final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

Utter gutter journalism fully designed to cause maximum outrage.

Lockdown is finished in Dublin, has been for a few weeks as the Govt failed to come up with a comprehensive plan. Everyone is getting on with it. I'm not saying it's right, but that's what is happening.

As for anyone who thinks it's an April fools. That would be a fairly disgusting one. Highly unlikely.

So the people of Dublin are ignoring the lockdown and extending the lockdown for the rest of the country ?
    Wouldn't be like em.

It's far from gutter journalism. If anything it's yet more gutter behaviour by a team who have stuck two fingers up at the rest of the country in their use of financial, population and now training doping to facilitate a desire to dominate an increasingly meaningless championship.

• Advertisement

touts wrote: »
    It's far from gutter journalism. If anything it's yet more gutter behaviour by a team who have stuck two fingers up at the rest of the country in their use of financial, population and now training doping to facilitate a desire to dominate an increasingly meaningless championship.

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,586 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

No its not.

Stop please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,456 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

they all just happened to turn up separately to do their individual training at the same time !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭shanec1928

they all just happened to turn up separately to do their individual training at the same time !
    and coincidentally with a coach...

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-gaa-stars-broke-rules-on-covid-gatherings-with-early-morning-training-40263682.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

In company sponsored cars. It's the stupidity of their actions is amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

GAA clubs can't.

I agree they are wrong, IMO neither should be allowed train.

Dublin should be leading by example, big own goal here. They should know better. Let themselves down

• Advertisement

Its not and the Dubs player should be leading by example. They should eb accountable as have others who broke restrictions. Fines at the least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

shanec1928 wrote: »

The coach being present is what changes it from a bunch of lads doing some fitness work and kicking to an organised training session.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

fourth wave here we come, just an example of the type of carry on thats getting us there
    did these guys go into a work setting after this? are any teachers?

by the middle of april we will be going back to full lockdown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

I saw gangs /hoardes of teenagers out drinking in the good weather, much more riskier - what has become of our country , that a team of healty adults training outside , getting some excercise and Vitamin D - curtain twitchers fuelled by a puritan media selling a story or is it April fool ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

Who alerted the reporter, I wonder !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭HBC08

thebaz wrote: »
    I saw gangs /hoardes of teenagers out drinking in the good weather, much more riskier - what has become of our country , that a team of healty adults training outside , getting some excercise and Vitamin D - curtain twitchers fuelled by a puritan media selling a story or is it April fool ?

You would hope a senior intercounty team would show a better example than a gang of teenagers out drinking.
    Then again its dublin,the sense of entitlement will always shine through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭overshoot

GAA clubs can't.

No the message is LOI players are paid professionals, for players in both divisions it's their full time job. The GAA has fought to retain its amateur status and avoid paying players and now it's come back on them.

I'd agree the guidelines are a joke, but the GAA have set a precedent for themselves with cork and down, and the same restrictions are in place whether we like it or not. If they don't follow their own judgements there will be uproar.

Gangs of teenagers illegally drinking are not mature and responsible adults that are in the public eye..

Lumping the two groups here makes no sense..

One being riskier does not justify the other.

One should be leading by example to the other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I really hope this turns out to be a joke.
    The standard of behavior expected from the Dublin GAA team is a bit higher than expected from hordes of teenagers drinking in a park.

We have constantly heard how good this group of players were in term of the example they set.
    That has been severely damaged if this is true.

We don't get to choose which laws we follow. The public health advice is coming from health professionals and laws/restrictions are based on that.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything but high profile defiance like this should be dealt with seriously.

If it turns out to be a joke, then that is actually worse....

Highly unlikely it’s an April fools!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,719 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

walshb wrote: »
    Gangs of teenagers illegally drinking are not mature and responsible adults that are in the public eye..

Lumping the two groups here makes no sense..

well it does to me , given one would be risker and worse for overall health , but all logic has been lost after nearly 12 months lockdown, turning society against each other, what a horrible place it has all become. The hospital cases have plateauted, we have flattened the curve , ther is a vaccine , the vulnerable are getting vaccinated but that seams forgotten in our outrage and state of anxiety that has been created.

HBC08 wrote: »
    You would hope a senior intercounty team would show a better example than a gang of teenagers out drinking.
    Then again its dublin,the sense of entitlement will always shine through.

Listen they broke guidelines, but the narrative about the Dublin team being entitled? Thats just nonsense.

They simply thought they could pull a fast one, and got caught. Entitlement doesn't come into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Where is Enquiring? This was always gonna happen what with the blatant overfunding of the Dublin football team compared to the rest of the country:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

They should be stripped of the 6 all irelands and at least their last 10 leinsters as punishment

• Advertisement
Advertisement