Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dubs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭superbluedub

TXPTGR1 wrote: »
    Really shows up the dubs as a bunch of thicks
    We’re obv training here for a while so have people a chance to cop on to what they were doing also rocking up in sponsored cars lol

Ban on the way !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Strumms wrote: »
    It doesn’t look much like a Dublin training session per say.... photo there shows 5 players doing a drill.

Either way fûcking stupidity, innisfails is right adjacent to one of the busier cemetery’s on the northside so there are always people in the vicinity...

Can’t be done on the hush hush..

Article says that there was also a coach present, and another lad posted at the entrance to the club premises keeping watch. Can't exactly paint that as "a few lads meeting up"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,758 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Very telling of the character of a lot of Dublin fans how quick they are to condone this criminal incident

In what way?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

They were obv training here for a while so gave people a chance to cop on to what they were doing also rocking up in sponsored cars lol

Mod

Do us a favour and clarify if you mean the team or Dublin people in general. Thanks.
    Ban on the way !!

Less of the backseat modding thanks.

Article says that there was also a coach present, and another lad posted at the entrance to the club premises keeping watch. Can't exactly paint that as "a few lads meeting up"
    It all depends was it a rogue coach / players or was it a county ordered session.

either way its breach of the rules. Shouldn't be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

They were obv training here for a while so gave people a chance to cop on to what they were doing also rocking up in sponsored cars lol

With those kind of adjectives, someone is showing themself up to be what they are calling others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Have you been as vociferous in your criticism of Cork, or Down ? I’m willing to bet not, which indicates a lazy anti Dublin bias and obsession as opposed to a genuine concern for people’s health and wellbeing and the adherence to regulations. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

With a coach present and someone to block outsiders, the picture is very damning. Some leadership needs to be shown now by the management and the county board and own up to what has gone on.

It's pretty incredible stuff. That Dublin team were widely admired, but that public respect is seriously tarnished now. Even if there's some kind of apology it'd only be because they were caught, they knew the rules and opted to train anyway, any apology would be very hollow. It's a shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭TXPTGR1

Strumms wrote: »
    Have you been as vociferous in your criticism of Cork, or Down ? I’m willing to bet not, which indicates a lazy anti Dublin bias and obsession as opposed to a genuine concern for people’s health and wellbeing and the adherence to regulations. :)

Cork and down weren’t breaking the law at the time... so jog on with your whataboutery

I'm a huge GAA fan, but I'm getting sick of intercounty and the attitude to regulations.

The club month came in a couple of years ago, a number of counties broke that. Counties (and clubs tbf) all over the country paying managers and coaches. The fiasco with the Clare supporter's club. Three intercounty teams including the All Ireland champions thinking it was okay to break Covid regulations.

I'm thinking that when so many other regulations were ignored an attitude set in that even breaching the Covid regulations was no problem at all. But it is appalling.

• Advertisement

Very telling of the character of a lot of Dublin fans how quick they are to condone this criminal incident

Still waiting for an response to this.

What do you mean about this? Are dubliners not calling this out?

Im a dub, Im calling it out

Maybe you need to jog on with your generalization and bias.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,537 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Fann Linn wrote: »
    They were wrong, I've already said it on the GAA page, but I also think the guidelines surrounding sport are also wrong.

LOI clubs can train no problem.
    GAA clubs can't.

Only GAA players can catch the virus is the message I read from that.

The LOI players can train and play because it is their job, the GAA is an amateur sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,000 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cork and down weren’t breaking the law at the time... so jog on with your whataboutery

They in fact were. I’m not going to jog anywhere sunshine, just had a late lunch, thanks. ;)

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Still waiting for an response to this.

What do you mean about this? Are dubliners not calling this out?

Im a dub, Im calling it out

Maybe you need to jog on with your generalization and bias.

Go to the Dublin gaa thread in GAA forum
    Almost no condemnation of it, just minimising , whataboutery and having a laugh about it

It is serious and the people involved need to be dealt with
    Stand by what I said, the dubs who are defending it are showing their true character

Almost no condemnation of it, just minimising , whataboutery and having a laugh about it

Stand by what I said, the dubs who are defending it are showing their true character

Thats fine, but don't make sweeping generalizations, every team in every sport has die hards that believe their club does no wrong, but not all fans are the same.

Wrong! most people there condemn it and say they will face the consequences (pay their fine and get the suspension) of their actions and that will be the end of it, not a big story in the whole scheme of things currently going on

but the hysterical "why wont you think of the children" type people, like yourself keep going on and on making it out that Dublin GAA are now responsible for killing peoples Grannies

You were the taking credit for the Gardai opening an investigation, sad really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

A serious amount of pearl clutching going on in this thread. Burn them at the stake those pesky Dubs, this is ten times worse than our leaders meeting for a golf shindig. I for one am sick to my teeth of the lockdowns and hope that more and more people are brave enough to say enough is enough open the country back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,681 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

A serious amount of pearl clutching going on in this thread. Burn them at the stake those pesky Dubs, this is ten times worse than our leaders meeting for a golf shindig. I for one am sick to my teeth of the lockdowns and hope that more and more people are brave enough to say enough is enough open the country back up.

GAA HQ had issued renewed guidelines not two days ago.

https://twitter.com/officialgaa/status/1376964571605401616

https://www.gaa.ie/news/covid-19-latest-update/
    These are hugely welcome developments and allow us finally to begin planning on-field activity for the remainder of 2021. However, it should also be noted that these dates are conditional and will very much depend on what happens in terms of the overall COVID-19 picture in the coming weeks. For that reason, it is more important than ever that no collective training sessions are held between now and the Government indicated return dates. Breaches in this context will not only be dealt with under our own Rules but would likely put the broader plan to return to activity in serious jeopardy.

Dub county board trying to be cute just banning manager for 3 months- trying to anchor expectations of ban from gaa at that

Not good enough- all players involved need to be banned as well and needs to be longer- GAA was still classed as an elite sport when cork/down incidents happened so sun ban should be harsher

The fact they did it 2 days after that statement from GAA also

GAA need to send a message here but going on their form I’d expect a 12 week ban reduced to 1 on appeal

• Advertisement

Dub county board trying to be cute just banning manager for 3 months- trying to anchor expectations of ban from gaa at that

Not good enough- all players involved need to be banned as well and needs to be longer- GAA was still classed as an elite sport when cork/down incidents happened so sun ban should be harsher

GAA need to send a message here but going on their form I’d expect a 12 week ban reduced to 1 on appeal

Damned if you do, damned if you dont. You're callling for punishment, now when punishment is given you arent happy.

Its like..... you have an agenda or something....:rolleyes:

Im sure the GAA will come down hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

They'd be mad to appeal. Take the twelve week ban and be back for NFL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seannyhk

touts wrote: »
    .... 4 counties that now make up the Dublin region ....

Let's be clear. Dublin is 1 county. The four entities are Dublin County Councils.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just a question. If GAA is amateur then are the players expected to be GAA players 100% of the time; even off-season? No-one can condon what they did but also no-one can be sure this was a Dublin GAA session.

touts wrote: »
    If it is some sort of a joke by the Dublin GAA or Dublin media then:

1. It is in remarkably bad taste
    2. Joking about the Dublin team breaking the rules to agitate the bon Dublin fans will only backfire as it highlights the sense of entitlement that Dublin have.
    3. It puts the financial and population doping that Dublin have back into the public awareness and can only lead to renewed calls for the Dublin team to be split into the 4 counties that now make up the Dublin region everywhere else bar in the GAA.

Never heard that term before, funny that was never mentioned when they won one all Ireland throughout the 90s and noughties, in fact I can remember being ridiculed by opposition fans for underperforming given the population, it was a stick that was used for many years. Its a real give me my ball back I'm not playing anymore because youre winning now attitude, as a long-time Dublin fan its wonderful to see after all those Barren years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Just a question. If GAA is amateur then are the players expected to be GAA players 100% of the time; even off-season? No-one can condon what they did but also no-one can be sure this was a Dublin GAA session.

• Advertisement

thegills wrote: »

That question isn’t any less stupid than the first time you posted it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

To all the culchies on here looking for a hanging, hear this, even with half the team suspended for a season we’d still beat yiz

UP The Dubs!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭dunnerc

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Damned if you do, damned if you dont. You're callling for punishment, now when punishment is given you arent happy.

Its like..... you have an agenda or something....:rolleyes:

Im sure the GAA will come down hard.

Agenda ? He is just anti Dublin ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭dunnerc

Never heard that term before, funny that was never mentioned when they one one all Ireland throughout the 90s and noughties, in fact I can remember being ridiculed by opposition fans for underperforming given the population, it was a stick that was used for many years. Its a real give me my ball back I'm not playing anymore because youre winning now attitude, as a long-time Dublin fan its wonderful to see after all those Barren years.

Well said , decade of the Dubs :D

dunnerc wrote: »
    Agenda ? He is just anti Dublin ;)

His anti Dublin agenda

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

This news may also taint last seasons win now.

Now that we know that Dublin have broke the rules and cheated by organising a training session this year ahead of the sanctioned date for teams to return training collectively, it is only logical to now ask;

Did they do likewise in 2020?

Now that we know that Dublin have broke the rules and cheated by organising a training session this year ahead of the sanctioned date for teams to return training collectively, it is only logical to now ask;

It wont taint the win. Best team by a mile won and they do anything underhanded to win.

It won't taint a thing jesus

Love they way dubs are trying to rationalise it by saying all teams are at it
    Have it on very good authority that Kerry are not engaging in similar behaviour - and I’d say there’s plenty of other teams that have enough cop on and respect for the sacrifices others are making to realise that not training collectively is the right call

Have it on very good authority that Kerry are not engaging in similar behaviour - and I’d say there’s plenty of other teams that have enough cop on and respect for the sacrifices others are making to realise that not training collectively is the right call

Someone has been punished time to move on with your life

kilns wrote: »
    Someone has been punished time to move on with your life

Nope Dublin county board offering up a soft sacrifice won’t do- GAA have to come down hard here

They were wrong, they will be punished and we will all move on. All its doing is highlighting the bitterness that is felt toward the greatest GAA team this country has ever seen. I guess it comes success but I sure do love those salty tears.

Who gives a Fuch, ye are pointing your anger at lads out exercising.
    Redirect that anger at government or the civil servants who have us in this mess.

Nope Dublin county board offering up a soft sacrifice won’t do- GAA have to come down hard here

Oh give over and find something more important to worry about

Ok Im not feeding it again.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

thegills wrote: »

- “At least” 9 players
    - A coach
    - Manager now suspended by the county board.
    - Statement saying it was wrong and bad error in judgement

“No OnE cAn Be SuRe ThIs WaS a DuBlIn GaA sEsSiOn.”

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Aska

listening to it all day on the radio and 'lapse of judgement' notions being put out, I agree that it was a quick sacrifice just to appease people but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was going on on a more regular basis and like this one, in more smaller groupings, hence why the Dublin board were so quick in judgement. There was surely no investigation into that only a swift ban, maybe they already knew ?.

Aska wrote: »
    listening to it all day on the radio and 'lapse of judgement' notions being put out, I agree that it was a quick sacrifice just to appease people but I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was going on on a more regular basis and like this one, in more smaller groupings, hence why the Dublin board were so quick in judgement. There was surely no investigation into that only a swift ban, maybe they already knew ?.

Yeah I’d say fair enough to assume nobody in Dublin county board fell off their chair in shock at the news this morning

Any chance they’d be honest enough to say how many sessions there have been?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭arctictree

Jeez, lads up and down the country having a kick around in local parks. A few GAA inter-county lads do it and there is war!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 seannyhk

Who took the photo ? What's his name, from kerr may done new york ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,730 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

arctictree wrote: »
    Jeez, lads up and down the country having a kick around in local parks. A few GAA inter-county lads do it and there is war!

Two days ago the gaa provided much needed clarity and said that inter county training could finally return on April 19th. Then Dublin said **** that, those rules don't apply to us. Thats what it looks like on the surface, its hard to explain it away as just a kick about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,108 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

seannyhk wrote: »
    Who took the photo ? What's his name, from kerr may done new york ?

Id say whoever took it has a nice smile on there face tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

arctictree wrote: »

Just a little bit of a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

What a cynical move by the Dublin County Board. The action they have taken does nothing to affect the team for upcoming matches. Suspending the manager means absolutely nothing, (unless they confiscate his phone). Suspending the players involved would have had an a major implication for the team, but they were hardly going to do that.
    The action taken by the County Board is the equivalent of giving the two fingers to the rest of us.

Advertisement