Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Dubs

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Roger_007 wrote: »
    What a cynical move by the Dublin County Board. The action they have taken does nothing to affect the team for upcoming matches. Suspending the manager means absolutely nothing, (unless they confiscate his phone). Suspending the players involved would have had an a major implication for the team, but they were hardly going to do that.
    The action taken by the County Board is the equivalent of giving the two fingers to the rest of us.

How were the Cork team and Down team punished for breaking level 5 restrictions? This should give an indication of how the Dubs will be punished right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭FromADistance

How were the Cork team and Down team punished for breaking level 5 restrictions? This should give an indication of how the Dubs will be punished right?

The Cork manager got a 12 week suspension and the Down manager got 8 (minimum suspension under the rule is 8). Both teams also lost home advantage for one game when the league resumed. The Cork manager received a harsher suspension because he took charge of training as opposed to a team meeting in Down. The GAA of course could decide to make an example of Dublin given that they made a point of announcing, 2 days prior, that collective training was not to resume until April 19th. There is of course the other matter of fines etc. which was not a consideration when Cork was reprimanded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

GAA will bring harsher punishment, Ive no doubt about that.

Fines will be coming surely but thats a matter for Gardi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sunny Disposition

Read last night that Down were actually not in breach of the public authority rules at the time, and Cork believed incorrectly they were complying. Dublin would be different in the sense that they definitely knew they were breaching the rules.
    But the punishments probably won’t be much greater, a few more weeks for Farrell and maybe another home game lost in the league I’d guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I was returning home from a medical appointment 2 days ago and spotted the Blackrock college boys out training. I know they think they're elite athletes but that doesn't make it true. Yet no mention in the newspapers. Why do they care so much about GAA teams breaking the rules? Report on everyone or no one, none of this picking and choosing.

Shame on those involved here though. They should be setting an example, not breaking rules to get an advantage that they don't need.

Did you report the Blackrock College boys ?

tommybrees wrote: »
    Who gives a Fuch, ye are pointing your anger at lads out exercising.
    Redirect that anger at government or the civil servants who have us in this mess.

How have the Government / Civil Service got us in this mess ? It's a worldwide pandemic. They issue guidelines to try to contain it. People who breach those guidelines have us in this mess.
    I'm as fed up as anyone with the restrictions at this stage. They were proven to work the first time around but each successive lockdown has become more and more lax which is stringing the whole thing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭arctictree

Did you report the Blackrock College boys ?

I thought training in a school setting is allowed? Same as P.E. surly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

arctictree wrote: »

No PE in the school I'm in. Long walks or study, that's been it.

This really angered me when I saw the pictures yesterday.
    It is completely unnecessary risky behaviour that could have real health consequences for someone, probably not a player.
    No doubt players are being told this is justifiable because it’s what’s needed to succeed, such horse****.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭LarryGraham

arctictree wrote: »

Nothing worse than a surly Privately Educated (PE) student.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭santana75

I wonder who the cowardly weasel was out that early in the morning taking pictures of the lads training? Its getting to be like Nazi occupied france now, people so willing to throw each other under a bus, all in the name of Zee rules. Hope whoever it was got paid well, heard the last lad got 30 pieces of silver.

• Advertisement

santana75 wrote: »
    I wonder who the cowardly weasel was out that early in the morning taking pictures of the lads training? Its getting to be like Nazi occupied france now, people so willing to throw each other under a bus, all in the name of Zee rules. Hope whoever it was got paid well, heard the last lad got 30 pieces of silver.

Photographer did nothing wrong at all. If you’re in public you can have your photo taken and this was definitely a public interest story. If you breach Covid regulations you deserve no sympathy.
    While I wasn’t in Nazi occupied France I’m fairly sure it’s not like Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Photographer did nothing wrong at all. If you’re in public you can have your photo taken and this was definitely a public interest story. If you breach Covid regulations you deserve no sympathy.
    While I wasn’t in Nazi occupied France I’m fairly sure it’s not like Ireland right now.

The hatred towards the journalist is incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Cilldara_2000

All Dubs be like:

tumblr_ozna6tmuPq1vg1enro1_640.gifv

The identity of the photographer is hardly relevant.

Also, Godwins law, lmao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

This really angered me when I saw the pictures yesterday.
    It is completely unnecessary risky behaviour that could have real health consequences for someone, probably not a player.
    No doubt players are being told this is justifiable because it’s what’s needed to succeed, such horse****.

If that's what you think is risky behaviour, please stay out of any parks this weekend or you will combust with the shock.
    St Annes down the road for me is heaving at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

robbiezero wrote: »
    If that's what you think is risky behaviour, please stay out of any parks this weekend or you will combust with the shock.
    St Annes down the road for me is heaving at the moment.

But it is risky behaviour.

One dub player could contract covid from a family member who is a front line worker for example, they go to training which involves close contact with say 10 others... thats 10 people exposed. Those 10 people ho home to their bubbles, their family members catch it.

Thats how its risky. Thats how it spreads. How many of those players are in contact with a high risk parent or family member. If they are breaking guidlines to train, what other guidelines are they ignoring?

And Im a Dubs fan. GAA have to come down hard to deter other teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,426 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Blaming the messenger ehh. You can make an educated guess that some random person/journalist didn't just happen upon them.

Also I'd imagine that a similar situation was occurring on the southside for those based down there.

Advertisement