Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in waterford city

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    hi

I am down with the out laws :) for a few days and have to work from here. yesterday was dreadful - broadband kept dropping and really bad speeds, essentially unworkable

Am based in Ballinakill, I don't know much about the broadband scenario in this area. Neighbors are elderly and don't seem to know either etc

I thought being in a big city that broadband speeds would be ok, not as if it’s out in a remote rural location etc.

I am connected directly to the modem with an RJ 45 cable, and I am getting max 6 meg download and max 0.3 upload

On wifi on my mobile, its the same, when standing right beside modem
    Brought down Alexa show and she spends more time offline than online !!

Does anybody know if there is a general issue with broadband in this area?
    or is it just I need to get on to the supplier to upgrade the line if possible

down in waterford again, got a gomo sim card for 15 euro. testing on an old phone via personal hotspot, getting roughly 20 up / 20 down

not bad I guess, big improvement on the 7up /0.3 down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Got 150, 17 up just now.

Getting a lots of different speeds at different locations/times. 20/20, 90/7, 120/17, 17/7

Advertisement