Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work contract change

Options
  • 01-04-2021 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all. The company i work for is outsourcing huge corporation based in Dublin. I have signed a contract year and a half ago when I joined the company with the Overtime paid at 1,5 rate.
    However, it also states that company reserves the right to move to "banking" system (AH scheme) for worked overtime hours instead of direct payments. Now they introducing new contract with those terms.
    My question is, may I refuse signing new contract and continue working under the original contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,664 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

b.e.s.s. wrote: »
    may I refuse signing new contract and continue working under the original contract?

In theory yes, but they could also not give you any more overtime, or decicde to terminate your contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭b.e.s.s.

In theory yes, but they could also not give you any more overtime, or decicde to terminate your contract.

I'm not worried about the OT but termination of the contract is one step I am trying to avoid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Make sure there is nothing in the contract which allows them to terminate the contract early. Sometimes there's mention of a 4 week notice period whenever the contract needs to be ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

You can refuse but it won't make a difference. By continuing work there it's assumed you agree to the conditions. And your original contract allows them to give banked hours instead of 1.5x time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭b.e.s.s.

Thank you all for clarifications. Although I was hoping we still have some rights but I guess the contract once signed is not to be overwritten

• Advertisement
Advertisement