Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No answer on 1890 365 365 what contact number

Options
  • 01-04-2021 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭

What is a contact number for BOI???
    Not all services are available via banking 365, I am of the opinion that BOI provideds its business and services reluctantly, so long as I am a customer Id like to be able to contact a bank I use?
    Seems reasonable enough with out the excuses,

Number please, 1890 365365 ISNT ANSWERING

Add 0818200362 to numbers boi not answering

Complete bull$hit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

1874 wrote: »
    What is a contact number for BOI???
    Not all services are available via banking 365, I am of the opinion that BOI provideds its business and services reluctantly, so long as I am a customer Id like to be able to contact a bank I use?
    Seems reasonable enough with out the excuses,

Number please, 1890 365365 ISNT ANSWERING

Add 0818200362 to numbers boi not answering

Complete bull$hit
    Hi 1874,

Thanks for reaching out to us today on Boards.ie.

We're sorry to hear you're experiencing longer wait times. We are experiencing a higher volume of calls. Can we ask what your query is in relation to? We can certainly advise you the best we can.

Thanks,
    Richard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭1874

Is this a  joke?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

1874 wrote:
    Is this a joke?

I'm guessing it's more of an apology for the delay, and an offer to see can they help with a potentially generic request for information.
    I'm guessing if the BOI reps here played jokes with their customers them would end up getting into trouble :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Is this a  joke?
    Thanks for getting back to us here. We can certainly help with general account queries here. However if your query is account specific we would recommend that you raise this by logging into your account, select services and send us a message>

Alternatively you can call our customer service team on 0818 365 365. The team is available Monday to friday from 9am to 5pm.

Thanks Jen

Excuses,

I have tried to contacted boi multiple times since the 1st, so I am saying it is a joke, no calls answered until yesterday.
    I replied here and my post must have been deleted as it does not show up, where I highlighted that multiple attempts on different numbers were not answered, and the reason I suspect my post was deleted was because I highlighted that even as a test, I rang the lost/stolen card number and I got no reply!
    I needed to access some information from my accounts, this cant be done online, and even over the phone when I got through eventually, boi cannot provide an e-version of what I requested, IT HAS TO BE a hard copy, posted out AND YET AGAIN, they claim, due to high volumes of requests (similar to their alleged usual claim/excuses of HIGH call volumes as an excuse to not answer calls or take forever to do so) they state that it will take 5 working days to get the information I require, thank christ I backed out of going to BoI for the loan I am applying for and went with someone else as they were showing signs of being challenging to deal with.

After a back and forward where I eventually got through to someone yesterday by phone. I suspect they just gave up bothering to answer for the weekend in it and put a recording on of technical problems and thought what the hell, who will be ringing anyway and just closed shop for the weekend. That included the lost/stolen card line which I tested.
    Upon making my request I tried to lodge a complaint,
    1. about not being able to access the information by request online
    2. for the fact I cant even ring up to do so as they shut down
    3. When I got to make the request they insist on it being a hard copy and it takes 5 days to arrive for other excuses

I dont even know if my complaints were lodged as the guy hung up on me, I was not rude but I was insistent on what I wanted to lodge a complaint and when I asked him to confirm that, he was gone already.

Now, why do I not have these problems with the other bank Im with (and have transferred most of my dealings with to?) I can do stuff online and I generally dont require to even ring them, I cant recal when I last did so.

Now I see I have multiple debits for a transaction I made earlier, I paid for fuel at a pump and the transactions stopped, I carried it out again and I noticed now the transaction was billed twice.
    I got through to boi yesterday, so what the hell, I tried to ring through,

GUESS WHAT, NO ANSWER AGAIN! Technical difficulties

I dont have time to keep running back to BoI to ring to see if I might get through to follow up stuff that should be dealt with on the first attempt

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Excuses,

I have tried to contacted boi multiple times since the 1st, so I am saying it is a joke, no calls answered until yesterday.
    I replied here and my post must have been deleted as it does not show up, where I highlighted that multiple attempts on different numbers were not answered, and the reason I suspect my post was deleted was because I highlighted that even as a test, I rang the lost/stolen card number and I got no reply!
    I needed to access some information from my accounts, this cant be done online, and even over the phone when I got through eventually, boi cannot provide an e-version of what I requested, IT HAS TO BE a hard copy, posted out AND YET AGAIN, they claim, due to high volumes of requests (similar to their alleged usual claim/excuses of HIGH call volumes as an excuse to not answer calls or take forever to do so) they state that it will take 5 working days to get the information I require, thank christ I backed out of going to BoI for the loan I am applying for and went with someone else as they were showing signs of being challenging to deal with.

After a back and forward where I eventually got through to someone yesterday by phone. I suspect they just gave up bothering to answer for the weekend in it and put a recording on of technical problems and thought what the hell, who will be ringing anyway and just closed shop for the weekend. That included the lost/stolen card line which I tested.
    3. When I got to make the request they insist on it being a hard copy and it takes 5 days to arrive for other excuses

I dont even know if my complaints were lodged as the guy hung up on me, I was not rude but I was insistent on what I wanted to lodge a complaint and when I asked him to confirm that, he was gone already.

Now, why do I not have these problems with the other bank Im with (and have transferred most of my dealings with to?) I can do stuff online and I generally dont require to even ring them, I cant recal when I last did so.

Now I see I have multiple debits for a transaction I made earlier, I paid for fuel at a pump and the transactions stopped, I carried it out again and I noticed now the transaction was billed twice.

I dont have time to keep running back to BoI to ring to see if I might get through to follow up stuff that should be dealt with on the first attempt
    Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our customer service team do not open on weekends and are available to take calls Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you remain unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received from Bank of Ireland and would like to record a complaint please see here for our complaints process.

Thanks Jen

Excuses,

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. We are sorry to hear that this has been your experience. Our customer service team do not open on weekends and are available to take calls Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you remain unhappy with any aspect of the service you have received from Bank of Ireland and would like to record a complaint please see here for our complaints process.

Thanks Jen
    I made my call before 5pm today, NO answer?? they are not available to take calls 9-5, why state it?
    This has been going on since before the "Religious" holiday
    What scenario does it seem acceptable that a major bank shuts down completely at weekends and/or holidays and provide zero customer support seem reasonable to you?

edit, before the deflection, I ASKED FOR A FUNCTIONAL NUMBER, IS THERE ONE OR NOT?

I didnt get through earlier, technical difficulties allegedly.
    Chanced my arm again as I want to sort it, gets through but am at 12mins 30 secs of automated nonsense, so what happened to the technical difficulties? why not have a call back feature or at least give an indication where you are in the queue or how long it will be before you are answered,

I'll hazard a guess, its known, you arent getting answered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Richard F

Hi 1874,

Our colleagues are available today from 9am to 5pm on 0818365365. Rest assured our colleagues are working through the queue and will be with you as soon as possible. If you wish to lodge your dissatisfaction formally about your experience, my colleague Jen has attached a link in her previous post.

Thanks,
    Richard

Advertisement