Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

110 e a month for sky, Netflix and eir broadband

• 01-04-2021 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

3 of us in house, watch alot of TV but feel I'm paying too much. Teens watch a bit of Netflix and rte player. I like sky news and cnn etc. Living rural so wouldn't have great options. Advice appreciated
    Sky 51.90
    Eir 44.99
    Netflix 12.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Cal04 wrote: »
    3 of us in house, watch alot of TV but feel I'm paying too much. Teens watch a bit of Netflix and rte player. I like sky news and cnn etc. Living rural so wouldn't have great options. Advice appreciated
    Sky 51.90
    Eir 44.99
    Netflix 12.99

Is 44.99 the cheapest broadband available to you?
    I presume you have looked at a saorview/free to air set-up to replace sky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Is there no option for you to package your Sky TV and get Sky BB at a reduced price?

€51.90 a fair chunk to be paying for Sky TV btw - Should be able to get that down with a 'I'm not getting the use out of this for the price I pay, so I'd like to cancel my account'

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭Cal04

Went with eir for fibre, it has been great speed wise. Yeah, find I'm not getting great value with sky at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

As Bojill says looking in to the free to air satellite channels and saorview. We've had this set up 6 years now.

Also look in Bargain Alerts for the Netflix thread. I'm paying around €4-5 a month for Netflix.

Thank you
    Someone told me about now tv but don't know much about it

• Advertisement

Thank you. Someone told me about now tv but don't know much about it

How long have you been with Eir? If you could combine broadband into your Sky subscription that would be a saving straightaway.
    Is Netflix not included with Sky Q these days?

Only with eir since end of last year, in a one year contract.
    Netflix a little dearer as have two different devices on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Replace sky with a Freesat box. Better interface and no bills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Do you get Amazon Prime Video with eir? I do on mine. Also, if you have a new tv you might have option for free to air satellite channels. Take a look at back and see if there are connectors for the satellite cable. Now TV is also quite good and there are special offers on there. Plus they always offer reduced price if you go to cancel the entertainment package.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

That's a lot to be paying. Have you got mobile phones also? If you have mobile phones you can tether them to your TV / devices and cancel all that other stuff your paying for.

Advertisement