Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Good Friday? The Late Late Show - Friday 2nd April 2021.

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

You are no realist boy. You need a good dose of the real world. You'll hopefully get it soon

:D:D:D

Moaner. No solutions. Boy

Someone a bit more famous that could talk about upcoming projects instead of insidious cronies from RTE spouting tedious waffle. Is it that much to ask for considering the host is being paid 500k a year by a broke tax-payer funded station??

Maybe you'd go on the show yourself and tell us how your going to revolutionise life in Ireland?

No politics and political parties was your first offering.

What comes after that?

Maybe you'd go on the show yourself and tell us how your going to revolutionise life in Ireland?

No politics and political parties was your first offering.

What comes after that?

More strawman arguments. So everyone with a political opinion has to justify it by entering the political arena???? :rolleyes: Look your obviously a good friend of Enda Kenny or something because your over zealousness in protecting him is strange to say the least

Where did I say 'there should be no politics' exactly????? If you had read my posts like anyone with anything resembling intelligence, you would have noted that I said I was disillusioned with politics in this country and I fully explained why, but of course, its easy to be lazy and take things out of context, when you are lacking the intellect to have a proper debate. Your only counterargument is that we should be glad we arent still in mud huts.

GO TO BED for yourself and get a much-needed rest and leave the adults to boards in future. Good little man :)

More strawman arguments. So everyone with a political opinion has to justify it by entering the political arena???? :rolleyes: Look your obviously a good friend of Enda Kenny or something because your over zealousness in protecting him is strange to say the least

Where did I say 'there should be no politics' exactly????? If you had read my posts like anyone with anything resembling intelligence, you would have noted that I said I was disillusioned with politics in this country and I fully explained why, but of course, its easy to be lazy and take things out of context, when you are lacking the intellect to have a proper debate. Your only counterargument is that we should be glad we arent still in mud huts.

GO TO BED for yourself and get a much-needed rest and leave the adults to boards in future. Good little man :)

You telling me to go to bed! Leave it so you're miserable. Obvious blowhard. Anyone with a bit of revolutionary guts wouldn't be on here since 2002 without getting a ban:D

No fan of anyone. Just despise softness and people moaning with no cause. If someone is bereaved has mental or physical health problems etc fair enough. You haven't tuppence worth to add to an argument. You've said hut 20 times. No counter argument to our standing on UN Wealthy Nations and Living Standards, nothing..

No doubt you'll report me (for nothing) in the morning because you're not strong enough to stand on your own two feet.

Don't hurt yourself rolling off the couch

You telling me to go to bed! Leave it so you're miserable. Obvious blowhard. Anyone with a bit of revolutionary guts wouldn't be on here since 2002 without getting a ban:D

No fan of anyone. Just despise softness and people moaning with no cause. I fsomeone is bereaved has mental or physical health problems, fair enough. I You haven't tuppence worth to add to an argument. You've said hut 20 times. No counter argument to our standing on UN Wealthy Nations and Living Standards, nothing..

No doubt you'll report me (for nothing) in the morning because you're not strong enough to stand on your own two feet.

Don't hurt yourself rolling off the couch

What exactly does hut mean or is that more of the drink talking???? Incoherent nonsense. Like most of your ilk do, when they are challenged on anything they resort to the lowest tactics and speculate on stuff they are not even qualified to speculate on. You know sweet f-all about me or my mental state and quite frankly I'm not surprised you've lowered yourself to this level. Normally when people back themselves into a corner and lose an argument and have nowhere to go, the dirt comes flying out

Because we are high on the living standards index, we have no right to question the government or be skeptical of politicans???? :rolleyes:
    Severe mental gymnastics required to even reach that conclusion id imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Demonique wrote: »
    That's because diagnosis has become better, a lot of kids slipped through the cracks, Anthony Hopkins was recently diagnosed as autistic and Chris Packham wasnt diagnosed until his 40s

While I agree with this partly, there's definitely been an increase in Autism and ADHD children in the 15 years that I have taught primary.

I'm not sure why, but while lack of diagnoses in decades gone by is true, there's definitely been an increase in actual cases.

it's definitely worth investigating.

Lads who wouldn't get out of the scratcher before 11 giving out about politicians. Armchair ministers.

Ah yes, the old 'how dare you hate Fine Gael, you are all lazy bums' counter :rolleyes:

Im not sure if this lazy, quite obnoxious generalization was aimed at me, but if it was, I'm sorry to disappoint you I actually do work. In fact, up to lately, I was working two jobs, but my short-term contract ended in one and the other goes from day-to-day. I don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Galwayhurl wrote: »
    While I agree with this partly, there's definitely been an increase in Autism and ADHD children in the 15 years that I have taught primary.

I'm not sure why, but while lack of diagnoses in decades gone by is true, there's definitely been an increase in actual cases.

it's definitely worth investigating.

Is it dietary factors? or is it just that we had a lack of awareness all along???

Someone a bit more famous that could talk about upcoming projects instead of insidious cronies from RTE spouting tedious waffle. Is it that much to ask for considering the host is being paid 500k a year by a broke tax-payer funded station??

Like who?

What exactly does hut mean or is that more of the drink talking???? Incoherent nonsense. Like most of your ilk do, when they are challenged on anything they resort to the lowest tactics and speculate on stuff they are not even qualified to speculate on. You know sweet f-all about me or my mental state and quite frankly I'm not surprised you've lowered yourself to this level. Normally when people back themselves into a corner and lose an argument and have nowhere to go, the dirt comes flying out

Because we are high on the living standards index, we have no right to question the government or be skeptical of politicans???? :rolleyes:
    Severe mental gymnastics required to even reach that conclusion id imagine.

You're attempting to appear as intellectual but you're doing yourself no favours. My ilk?

You're giving out about everything in the country, disillusioned. When you were presented with the counter argument that relative to other eras of history, we are indeed really lucky to live today, you resorted to rolleyes after rolleyes. You do know that a lot of our forefathers lived in mud walled cabins or huts? You have heard of pitch capping in 1798 I presume. Being born today is one reason to be happy.

Next counter argument was how high we rate on living standard scales on UN tables. Nothing from you but abuse.

Next argument, political cronyism and misappropriation of funds etc is not unique to Ireland. No coherent reply forthcoming from you.

All I find is complete negativity. You do realise you'll have problems when you/if you emigrate? They'll be slightly different in nature but they'll be there.

Next argument you had no reply to was Democracy is the best, if flawed, form of government available. Our elected representatives represent us as a people whether we like it or not.

Of course one questions politicians but your bitterness towards everyone was seeping out. I hope you don't judge yourself by the standards you set for everyone else.

A few things to clear up. I don't drink. I was concerned you were depressed initially. Don't question my intellect, it has taken me to where I want to go in life, more importantly with integrity and honesty.

You just had a problem with being challenged tonight and started petty talk of infiltration etc.

Good luck. I try surround myself with positive people. Life's too short.

• Advertisement

Like who?

Surely more famous actors or people in sport like other Tv shows do? And try to keep it someway lighthearted.

A few things to clear up. I don't drink. I was concerned you were depressed initially. Don't question my intellect, it has taken me to where I want to go in life, more importantly with integrity and honesty.

I've seen no evidence of any of the highlighted in your posts. You've basically just rehashed the same rubbish argument you've made all night. :D

You do realise, repeating the same idiotic argument over and over again is not debating???? Look, your grateful you don't live in a mud hut. The government have clearly worked for you. Well done.

I've seen no evidence of any of the highlighted in your posts. You've basically just rehashed the same rubbish argument you've made all night. :D

You do realise, repeating the same idiotic argument over and over again is not debating???? Look, your grateful you don't live in a mud hut. The government have clearly worked for you. Well done.

Well if i've shown nothing, it really reflects badly on you.

Tipp Gunner: 'I'm disillusioned. Our politicians are crap and corrupt'.

You were given 5 or 6 points to counter and you can't manage one:D

I've worked well for myself :) Usually things fall into place.

Well if i've shown nothing, it really reflects badly on you.

Tipp Gunner: 'I'm disillusioned. Our politicians are crap and corrupt'.

You were given 5 or 6 points to counter and you can't manage one:D

I've worked well for myself :) Usually things fall into place.

Please remind me of the five or six points I had to counter again???

Your arguments, if I recall were as follows

1. Be grateful we are not living in squalor like we were in 1798. I think its called evolution. it was a natural progression of the human race caused by capitalism, the industrial revolution and some honest politicians who fought hard for a better deal for Ireland. We are better than that now and demand more. Politicians pay themselves handsomely. They must earn it

2. Be grateful we are high on the UN standard of living, that may be true, but it doesn't mean as taxpayers we should have to accept the way the country is run. They are elected to do serve the taxpayer. I don't think the taxpayer gets value for money from our elected representatives.

3. Other countries have huge levels of corruption. Again, true. But that doesn't say that we shouldn't have ethical codes and standards or accountability. Sarkosy was sentenced recently for corruption for example

4. I can watch English soccer on TV??? :confused: Again, evolution and growth of technology. Not exactly a feather for the government to put in their cap. The same government of the day spent billions on rolling out a fibre optic network that isn't completed and won't cover every household. We elect governments to deliver these things and they continuously waste our money

5. Infant mortality rates are lower??? :confused: Im puzzled how you honestly think we should be congratulating the government because infants arent dropping like flies??? Again, is this not just evolution of the human race???

Im puzzled how you think we should accept standards today, because standards of the past are so poor???? I'm flabbergasted by this attitude.

Please remind me of the five or six points I had to counter again???

Your arguments, if I recall were as follows

1. Be grateful we are not living in squalor like we were in 1798. I think its called evolution. it was a natural progression of the human race caused by capitalism, the industrial revolution and some honest politicians who fought hard for a better deal for Ireland. We are better than that now and demand more. Politicians pay themselves handsomely. They must earn it

2. Be grateful we are high on the UN standard of living, that may be true, but it doesn't mean as taxpayers we should have to accept the way the country is run. They are elected to do serve the taxpayer. I don't think the taxpayer gets value for money from our elected representatives.

3. Other countries have huge levels of corruption. Again, true. But that doesn't say that we shouldn't have ethical codes and standards or accountability. Sarkosy was sentenced recently for corruption for example

4. I can watch English soccer on TV??? :confused: Again, evolution and growth of technology. Not exactly a feather for the government to put in their cap. The same government of the day spent billions on rolling out a fibre optic network that isn't completed and won't cover every household. We elect governments to deliver these things and they continuously waste our money

5. Infant mortality rates are lower??? :confused: Im puzzled how you honestly think we should be congratulating the government because infants arent dropping like flies??? Again, is this not just evolution of the human race???

Im puzzled how you think we should accept standards today, because standards of the past are so poor???? I'm flabbergasted by this attitude.

That's fair enough.

I never said we should. We should always strive for better. But perspective is no harm, I'm talking about the odds on when and where we're born, and we got the long straw.

I genuinely don't think Enda was the worst. He wasn't brilliant but he wasn't a crook.

My major point would be yes, by all means criticise, but don't let it consume you. If you lose positivity, and will, it only damages you, not the corrupt politicians or the system. Your enjoyment of life and health will suffer. I respect that reply. If fellas were talking face to face I think most things would be trashed out civilly, the message boards etc often make us all vent and go off course.

Good night, best wishes. Some hurls to get banded for a young man in the morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Some firm words were exchanged in here last night. Typical of the Late Late at it’s very best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Brian Scan

Very enjoyable stuff. Ryan has a relaxed manner about him with all of the guests. One of the things I have always enjoyed about the Late Late was swinging from the frivolous to the serious. Very much a reflection of the tragedies and joys of life.

I hope I haven't thanked any of your earlier posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭StevenToast

I didnt watch....cant stomach tubridy for one second...

Just wanted to wrap up the thread by saying the late late show should be cancelled with tubridy released into the real world to fend for himself and not stay sucking on the RTE tit forever...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,125 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Yeah, very likeable charachter. Extremely introverted with a polished performamce of the same jokes between songs etc that never seem old as he comes across as so genuine.

He played our village once and I actually got the giggles at one point he was so funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

By the looks of it, if I were to sum up last night's very late night thread it would be this:

duty_calls.png

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Are ye all friends again so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,070 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Happy Easter, boardsarinos!

Spotted this on yootoobs... :D

Time for them to be reunited on the LLS in 2021 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,671 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Happy Easter comrades!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hectorb

Nothing to do with anything "British" - though even if he had thought that, he would have been wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,221 ✭✭✭saabsaab

A bit about Tubs' Grandfather..

'He joined the joined the Irish Volunteers at the age of fifteen and had an active role in the Irish Republican Army during the Irish War of Independence, fighting with the Rathfarnham company of the 4th Dublin Brigade.[3] He was arrested and imprisoned in 1920 but released after ten days on hunger strike. He was interned at the Curragh in 1921 but tunnelled his way to freedom with two comrades.[4] Andrews took the republican side during the Irish Civil War and was wounded in the fighting in O'Connell Street, Dublin. Andrews was appointed the IRA's General Headquarters and travelled the country supervising the training of volunteers.[5] Andrews was interned by the government of the Irish Free State until early 1924.'

Advertisement