If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

65" plus Soundbar

Options
  • 01-04-2021 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Good afternoon to you,

Longtime lurker looking to upgrade my viewing experience and hoping you can help me along the way!

I had the tv options narrowed down to the Sony Bravia KD65AG9BU, The LG OLED65CX5LB and the LG OLED65GX6LA.

I discounted the Sony as it does not support Variable Refresh Rate and also the OLED65GX6LA as it seems to be targeted at wall mounting (panel performance appears to be very similar to the CX). I will have the TV freestanding in the living room.

So that leaves me with the LG OLED65CX5LB. If you think I am leaving out another option, feel free to suggest it.

On the soundbar front I had been initially looking at the Dali Kubic One but note that it did not support Dolby Atmos which lead me to the Samsung HWQ800T.

Can you confirm if the Samsung HWQ800T runs well on the LGs (is there any compatibility issues), or is it better to pair the LG TV with LG sound system like the LG SL8YG?

I note that your sister site in the UK is running an offer on this soundbar when bought with a television. Can you confirm if you can honour this deal also?

I'd appreciate your feedback on the above and your best price on offer.

Thanks,
    Df03

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

df03 wrote: »
    Good afternoon to you,

Longtime lurker looking to upgrade my viewing experience and hoping you can help me along the way!

I had the tv options narrowed down to the Sony Bravia KD65AG9BU, The LG OLED65CX5LB and the LG OLED65GX6LA.

I discounted the Sony as it does not support Variable Refresh Rate and also the OLED65GX6LA as it seems to be targeted at wall mounting (panel performance appears to be very similar to the CX). I will have the TV freestanding in the living room.

So that leaves me with the LG OLED65CX5LB. If you think I am leaving out another option, feel free to suggest it.

On the soundbar front I had been initially looking at the Dali Kubic One but note that it did not support Dolby Atmos which lead me to the Samsung HWQ800T.

Can you confirm if the Samsung HWQ800T runs well on the LGs (is there any compatibility issues), or is it better to pair the LG TV with LG sound system like the LG SL8YG?

I note that your sister site in the UK is running an offer on this soundbar when bought with a television. Can you confirm if you can honour this deal also?

Thanks,
    Df03
    Thanks for the post Df03!

To be honest the OLED65CX5 is one of the best OLEDs available. It does use the same panel and processor as the GX6 but the GX6 is designed to be mounted instead. In terms of picture though I don't think you can go wrong with the CX!

We can certainly match the offer on the .com site for the HWQ800T however it would only be on the sterling price. It would work with the LG no problem but the voice control is run by Bixby whereas the LG SL8YG can be integrated to your system using Google Asssistant. It's not a massive deal as it would depend how much you would be voice controlling your soundbar!

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 df03

Good afternoon to you,

Thanks,
    Df03

To be honest the OLED65CX5 is one of the best OLEDs available. It does use the same panel and processor as the GX6 but the GX6 is designed to be mounted instead. In terms of picture though I don't think you can go wrong with the CX!

We can certainly match the offer on the .com site for the HWQ800T however it would only be on the sterling price. It would work with the LG no problem but the voice control is run by Bixby whereas the LG SL8YG can be integrated to your system using Google Asssistant. It's not a massive deal as it would depend how much you would be voice controlling your soundbar!

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

I'm old school and still like to use the remote so that lack of voice commands will have little interest to me.

I actually spotted that there is also a deal running on the .com site for the LG CX too, so I'm hoping you can honour that too!

If you can, I'd like to pull the trigger on them both. No issue paying in STG. What's the best way to put the order through? call/email?

Thanks,
    Df03

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Good afternoon to you,

Thanks,
    Df03

Kind regards

David
    Thanks David,

I'm old school and still like to use the remote so that lack of voice commands will have little interest to me.

I actually spotted that there is also a deal running on the .com site for the LG CX too, so I'm hoping you can honour that too!

If you can, I'd like to pull the trigger on them both. No issue paying in STG. What's the best way to put the order through? call/email?

Thanks,
    Df03
    Hi DF03.

The same deal is running on our own website on the 65CX with the £200 off.
    It hasn't went live on the 65CX yet though on our .ie website just yet.

65CX would come in at £1599 and the HWQ800T at £595 with the Free Galaxy Buds.
    Total would then be £2194 and I can offer free shipping for a Boards also :)

If you want to proceed drop me over your name and a contact number and we can give you a call to finalise things up.

Thanks Kenny, dropped you a PM with a slight adjustment on the soundbar request.

Thanks Kenny, dropped you a PM with a slight adjustment on the soundbar request.
    Cheers DF03 :)

• Advertisement

Hi Kenny,

Sent on my details via email yesterday afternoon but I don't see that my payment has been processed yet.

If you need anything further from me let me know.

Thanks,
    Df03

Hi Kenny,

Sent on my details via email yesterday afternoon but I don't see that my payment has been processed yet.

If you need anything further from me let me know.

Thanks,
    Df03
    Hey DF03.

Let me check this for you and revert back.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.