Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JerusaWalrus - Necro's Easter Eggstravangaza Reveal Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

that's the part that got me hooked too! pissed myself the first time I heard it :D total me kinda attitude :P

glad you liked it too :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 28th place with 2 points

Deleted User

Woodie Guthrie – Tear The Fascists Down

Not sure quite how this personifies a Friday Feeling tbh. Political songs are sort of pointless imo, they’re always skewed to the singer’s own biases so I don’t really listen to them in all honesty. Anyways, it’s ok, nothing to write home about. A nice diddle on the geetar, but overall just doesn’t fit what I was looking for here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,418 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Meaning that....

In FIRST Place, picking up 28 points…

ShaneU

The Shires – Friday Night

LeVar is going to flip :P Really like this track, has that country twang in the background that I really enjoy from more recent pop songs I’ve been listening to and is on point with this category. I kept expecting it to drop out of top spot but nope, it’s been pretty solidly my favourite track now for about a week. So congrats Shane for taking the gold medal and top points in category 1 – Good Friday Feeling!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Hillybilly4

Great stuff Necro! Congrats ShaneU! Looking forward to have a proper listen to all these tracks later.

congrats Shane

some good tunes in there, not the number one though, thats boring as ****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Great stuff Necro! Congrats ShaneU! Looking forward to have a proper listen to all these tracks later.
    I echo these exact sentiments :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Was I going to submit Friday Night? Yes.

Did I decide against it because I've used The Shires a lot in Walruses? Also, yes.

Did I think for half a second that I had somehow gotten both 5th and 1st place? Maybe. :D

Well played Shane, a cracking song.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

ShaneU wrote: »
    Last or first! Ahhhhhhh!

CONGRATS.....Ahhhhhhh!

Speaking of which...

Good Friday Feeling Playlist

And of course our fun ranking table in order...

Good Friday Feeling

Position Name Song Score
    1st ShaneU The Shires - Friday Night 28
    2nd SineadSpears Yungblud - Parents 27
    3rd mustang shelly Opus - Live Is Life 26
    4th KathleenGrant Flo Rida feat. David Guetta - Club Can't Handle Me 25
    5th Also Starring LeVar Burton Walk off the Earth ft. Harm & Ease - Toxic 24
    6th BuileBeag Azalea Banks - 212 23
    7th Irish Aris Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You 22
    8th Electric Nitwit Pendulum - Prelude/Slam 21
    9th kitten_k Riton x Nightcrawlers - Friday ft. Mufasa & Hypeman (Dopamine Re-Edit) 20
    9th Spook_ie Riton x Nightcrawlers - Friday ft. Mufasa & Hypeman (Dopamine Re-Edit) 20
    11th Trigger Dreamer - Livin' Joy 19
    12th Sawduck K'naan - Wavin Flag 18
    13th cee_jay ELO - Mr Blue Sky 17
    14th JohnGreenFan Darude - Sandstorm 16
    15th speckle Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun 15
    16th JP Liz V1 Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars - Uptown Funk 14
    17th Hillbilly4 Pink - Get the Party Started 13
    18th fixXxer Lindemann - Skills In Pills 12
    19th bubblypop Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love 11
    20th Rikand Mat Zo (Feat Linnea Schossow) - The Sky 10
    21st Barna77 Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop 9
    22nd Barney92 Hamilton Cast - Non-Stop 8
    23rd Sephiroth_dude Casiopea - Eyes of the Mind 7
    24th Mam of 4 Joe Jackson - Steppin Out 6
    25th ari101 M People - Renaissance 5
    26th Kolido Sonique - Feels So Good 4
    27th the purple tin Municipal Waste - Breathe Grease 3
    28th Arely Rhythmic Stairwell Woody Guthrie - Tear The Fascists Down 2

Congrats Shane for winning in a really tough round. Some great tunes you beat there :)

• Advertisement

Shane has a very slender lead after category 1 but with 28 points on offer for the winner of each category this contest is definitely far from over. Really enjoyed all of those tracks folks... well apart from tearing fascists down but hey ho.

Anyways, that's it from me for today, hopefully you'll all be back tomorrow for Slow Saturday :D

Don't think there's any reveals on so will likely kick things off about 7pm...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Great reveal Necro and that is a cracking play list, going to give it another listen as I relax in the sun

• Registered Users Posts: 14,845 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Was I going to submit Friday Night? Yes.

Did I decide against it because I've used The Shires a lot in Walruses? Also, yes.

Did I think for half a second that I had somehow gotten both 5th and 1st place? Maybe. :D

Well played Shane, a cracking song.

I gave Necro a special message that if you submitted it too to tell you to get lost and pick something else :p

ShaneU wrote: »
    I gave Necro a special message that if you submitted it too to tell you to get lost and pick something else :p

I saw them first! They're mine! :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats shaneu , looking forward to slow Saturday reveal tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Great reveal Necro. Congrats Shane.

Good few new players in this one, so no better time than to promote a Walrus of my own.

If anyone is looking to explore and participate in the world of Walrus further, I currently have sign-ups open for a Movie Walrus (it's exactly like this, except it's films I watch and rate instead of songs) which is worth checking out and entering if you haven't already.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058173046

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Poor showing from me there but what the hey: that song revs my engine and I love this video too

What I wouldn't give to go to a party like that atm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

That was really great Necro. Congrats to ShaneU.
    There were some songs i knew but had entirely forgotten about, a few i never heard before.
    Have to be honest that version of Toxic was probably my favourite song.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Congratulations ShaneU!
    Great reveal Necro , thank you !

Some brilliant songs , looking forward to listening to them all properly tonight , and tomorrows reveal :)

(Any one else forget exactly what songs they submitted? Probably just me so:eek:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,944 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Necro wrote: »
    …also there’s that first verse line ‘Get this party started on a Saturday Night’ – Pink obviously don’t do Fridays :P
    I've just remembered what I entered for tomorrow and I'd like to raise a formal objection to this line of reasoning!

No one chills out on a Saturday, it's entirely appropriate to have entered a Sunday song for tomorrow :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Congrats Shane and great reveal Neccers.

Knew I should have went with maniac 2000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Cee_jays entry reminds me of this version from cork that always brings a smile to my face

thanks necro for a great friday feeling.. :)

cee_jay wrote: »
    @LeVar - I love your nominations for Walk Off The Earth lately!

I just love how unique and talented they are...

Their "Bells" cover of Old Town Road I think is pure class too...

Thanks Necro! Congrats ShaneU.

Some great songs here I'd never heard. I really liked Rikands, Levars and Shelly's.

I had sorta forgotten Pendulum existed so I'm gonna go binge some now.

Cee-jays entry was a hit for me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Cee-jays entry was a hit for me ;)

That was one of the reasons I chose it. Peter Quill/Starlord's dance to it is great.

cee_jay wrote: »
    That was one of the reasons I chose it. Peter Quill/Starlord's dance to it is great.

ah brilliant! I love that movie, both of them actually, but that opening scene is so cute with Groot dancing around oblivious to what's going on :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Great reveal. The good songs there.

Now i know I'll be last on Sunday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Barney92

Necro wrote: »
    Sawduck

K’naan – Waving Flag

Glorious Sawduck, that would probably win a walrus of mine just by itself.

Advertisement