Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoofsure

• 01-04-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

Hello folks,

Anyone ever use this product for sheep?

https://www.provita.co.uk/hoofcare/hoofsure-endurance-footbath-solution

Got a bit of a scalding with footrot this year, so looking to see what options there are for footbathing

My facilities aren’t great, so holding them in a footpath solution isn’t a runner...
    So looking at what’s out there for walk through baths, I guess alternatives to formalin...

All comments welcome...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Hello folks,

Anyone ever use this product for sheep?

https://www.provita.co.uk/hoofcare/hoofsure-endurance-footbath-solution

Got a bit of a scalding with footrot this year, so looking to see what options there are for footbathing

My facilities aren’t great, so holding them in a footpath solution isn’t a runner...
    So looking at what’s out there for walk through baths, I guess alternatives to formalin...

All comments welcome...

Used it a few years ago. Left them standing in it for a few minutes, did the job for me anyway as I didnt want to deal with formaline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭390kid

Used it here and done the job was changing between formalin and bluestone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

390kid wrote: »
    Used it here and done the job was changing between formalin and bluestone

Good to know 390 - not sure what you mean you were changing between formalin?
    Do you mean you were alternating between the two of me?

Do you mind if I ask why you stopped using it?

Good to know 390 - not sure what you mean you were changing between formalin?
    Do you mean you were alternating between the two of me?

Do you mind if I ask why you stopped using it?

Sorry wasn’t to clear on that. Yes we were alternating between formalin and bluestone mixes in the footpath and weren’t happy with the results. Found the formalin leaving the hoof a hoor to pair afterwards aswell. We would a been bathing them 4 to 5 times a year and going through them fairly tight with the feet like pairing beforehand standing in the bath each time for a good few minutes, was done 3 times with hoofsure last year once with them standing in the bath and twice just running through it with minimal pairing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Sorry wasn’t to clear on that. Yes we were alternating between formalin and bluestone mixes in the footpath and weren’t happy with the results. Found the formalin leaving the hoof a hoor to pair afterwards aswell. We would a been bathing them 4 to 5 times a year and going through them fairly tight with the feet like pairing beforehand standing in the bath each time for a good few minutes, was done 3 times with hoofsure last year once with them standing in the bath and twice just running through it with minimal pairing.

We gave up pairing years ago with no ill effects, The advice now is not to pare,

• Advertisement

wrangler wrote: »
    We gave up pairing years ago with no ill effects, The advice now is not to pare,

We do have a lot of long Shelly hooves and we’d always trim them back. Might see can we cut it out on them so. Would you routinely footbath wrangler?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

We do have a lot of long Shelly hooves and we’d always trim them back. Might see can we cut it out on them so. Would you routinely footbath wrangler?

Yea, any time they're in the yard they get foootbathed, probably every six to eight weeks. shelly hooves are difficult to treat, never had it here, supposed to be mineral deficiency.
    I believe foot rot is usually neglected scalds so we don't let it get that far

Advertisement