Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refund rights

Options
  • 02-04-2021 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,
    I ordered a piece of furniture from M&S. After 8 weeks they delivered it and when I opened the box, it was badly damaged. They are now telling that they cannot collect it for 6 weeks. In the meantime they will not refund my money. So I am basically giving M&S a 6 week interest free loan and storing damaged furniture for them all the while.
    Do I have any rights here or do I just have sit back and accept it? I’m a reasonable enough person and would accept if it took a week or two for collection, but 6 weeks is too long. Anything at all I can do?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

While the legislation says a remedy has to be provided in a reasonable time and without significant inconvenience I'd say given the pandemic six weeks for collection isn't too far out there.

Edit: Correction to the above its only a repair or replacement that has to be completed as above. It doesn't say anything about how long a refund should take.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Interest free loan?

Seriously?

Check the current interest rates - o% and actually negative interest for places with large deposits. So possibly its actually costing them money.

So stop the catastrophe style in your complaint and you might get further.

Why not ask for simple replacement. Deliver replacement and collect damaged item at the same time?

Advertisement