Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issues upgrading to a smart plan

Options
  • 02-04-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi - I got the mail telling me my smart meter was now live & last night went to the website as instructed to sign up for a smart plan - logged into my account & followed the steps (including adding my DD details) and got the below error. Tried again this morning & same thing. Called the freephone as advised & got through to Deirdre who seemed a bit confused but did warm transfer me to the smart meter team. Was speaking to Robert who didn't really seem to understand what I was saying but suggested maybe it was caused by my not already being on DD & said he would add the DD to my account. So I gave him my details - there was a few seconds of silence & the call dropped. No callback to myself was attempted.

I have gone back into my online account & I can see the DD details were added but I am still getting the same error when I try to change to a smart plan

Error Text
    We cannot process your upgrade to a smart plan at the moment.
    To upgrade your plan, please call customer service on 1800 372 372 from 8am - 8pm, Monday - Saturday

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi countryfan117,

We are sorry to read this.

Can you please send us a private message and we can liaise with the smart meter department?

We need the following details: 

- Your full name
    - Your address
    - Your contact number
    - Your account number
    - Confirmation you're the account holder (Yes/No)

Kind regards, 
    Aoife 

Advertisement