Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One4All - Transfer to another card

Options
  • 02-04-2021 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know the best way to transfer an one4all balance to another card type so it can be spent freely online?

I have one of those chip and pin cards, and I want to buy something from a US shop. I tried using the card directly rejected, and I tried adding the balance to Revolut, rejected.

I don't want to cash it out through one4all as they will notify my employer and it will become a taxable event.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,012 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There isn't one. They're not a prepaid credit card which is why it only works in the specific list of retailers.

Cash out isn't even possible on workplace ones, too much hassle to ensure you get taxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

I think this is asked almost every week.

One4All make their money by charging retailers up to 12.3% commission. So there simply will not be any way they will allow you transfer it to a generic card / online. And cash out costs €8 - and it cannot be cashed out if you received it as part of an employee tax free bonus scheme.

Advertisement