Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Toulouse, Sat 3rd April 3:00pm; BT Sport 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

That turnover penalty by CJ was massive. Toulouse score from that phase and it's a different game.

It's an amazing scoreline considering the first 15 minutes. I couldn't believe Toulouse didn't back themselves after the Farrell YC to go for the try.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Edge of the seat stuff, great game still could go either way

Don’t think Murray’s passing has been up to scratch today but the game plan seems to be working

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭TRC10

Great half. Immense improvement from last week.

I think Casey would thrive in thigh high tempo game Munster are playing. Murray's kicking has been good but he's throwing some very poor passes that are killing attacks.

Great performance so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Clegg wrote: »
    He's been very poor today. Butchered a 6 on 3 Munster overlap and did his best to blow another a few minutes later.

Made his five tackles, doing good link work too outside of that missed overlap. He hasn't been great but he hasn't been 'very poor' or 'not interested'.

DDA is having a stormer. Toulouse can't deal with him. His extra metre or so in carries is so valuable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,389 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

That turnover penalty by CJ was massive. Toulouse score from that phase and it's a different game.

It's an amazing scoreline considering the first 15 minutes. I couldn't believe Toulouse didn't back themselves after the Farrell YC to go for the try.
    the fact that they’ve taken the points is the reason they’re still in the game. The time they went to the corner they came away with nothing

Championship knockout rugby, winning strategy is to take the points almost every time

Akrasia wrote: »
    the fact that they’ve taken the points is the reason they’re still in the game. The time they went to the corner they came away with nothing

Championship knockout rugby, winning strategy is to take the points almost every time

I can't agree. In front of the posts, Munster had given away a flurry of penalties up to that point and were down a man. You surely go for the kill.
    I was delighted they took 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭luckyboy

How sharp is Earls looking! He would actually deserve it if Gatland calls him up for the Lions this summer! Would be some story to tour the same country on Lions duty 12 years apart ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,931 ✭✭✭TRC10

luckyboy wrote: »
    How sharp is Earls looking! He would actually deserve it if Gatland calls him up for the Lions this summer! Would be some story to tour the same country on Lions duty 12 years apart ...

His first finish was pure class

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Carberry been fairly anonymous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,085 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

luckyboy wrote: »

If there weren't so many restrictions around travel he'd probably go. But by the sounds of it Garland is picking a much smaller squad than in previous Lions tours and wants players that can play across multiple positions.

That wouldn't rule Earls out immediately, but I think Watson and Rees Zammit are more likely to be selected as his out and out wingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,412 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

If there weren't so many restrictions around travel he'd probably go. But by the sounds of it Garland is picking a much smaller squad than in previous Lions tours and wants players that can play across multiple positions.

That wouldn't rule Earls out immediately, but I think Watson and Rees Zammit are more likely to be selected as his out and out wingers.

Maitland and May will Travel IMO

Jaysus.

That's some try from Toulouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Blast

Some start from Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Great kick but Carbery could have stayed a bit wider there. Munster had the numbers in defence.

Super try, don't think we did a whole lot wrong, just a great attacking try

Joey has been a speedbump a few times in the match

Ntamack does what Carbery couldn't

Great conversion

Carbery has not shown up well in defence in the last two fixtures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

That was a perfect kick and great try..game on

Wasn't sure he was off his feet there

• Advertisement

Murray is great to buy a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

That was in no way backwards

Toulouse's openside has been excellent at the breakdown.

Get in there Coombes

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭luckyboy

Yeah, you’re probably right (unfortunately). Maybe I’ve been watching too much Living With Lions or whatever, but reckon Earls could play a role like veteran Welsh winger Ieuan Evans did back in 1997, where he showed up a lot better than the likes of Tony Underwood (the Rees-Zammit of his day!). I’d have Earls ahead of Maitland all day long but know there needs to be representation across the 4 countries so Scots will benefit from some of the 50/50 selection calls ...

POWER!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭fitz

Immense from Coombes.

Big 7 points

Poor from Munster there.

Coombes with the knock on too.

• Advertisement

Bloody hell poor turnover straight away after the try