Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Housing Estate sign board

Options
  • 02-04-2021 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Where should I get in touch to have a sign board on my housing estate. The housing estate where Iam living has so many houses with same number .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

What’s a sign board?

Does the estate have a name at the front, road signage as to what road within the estate you are on?

Where is it? When built? Has the county council taken responsibility for the roads? If so they’re your first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A sign-writer. Google will find them for you.

Or, if you want "someone else" pay for it, then you need to tell us more about the status of your estate. Is there a management company? Have the council taken it in charge? Is the developer still building houses in it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

I imagine there are many, many houses with the same number :pac:

I presume OP means he lives in no. 23 Boards Woods, but he keeps on getting letters meant for 23 Boards Avenue, 23 Boards Green, etc. as the different areas aren't sign-posted?

If so, OP, if it's a council estate you need to contact the Council, or if it's been privately built, you need to get onto the developer I assume.

In the meantime, you could pop into any local sign business and get some of those card signs (like estate agents use) and print the name/numbers on them, and stick them in the ground to try and be a temporary solution, albeit, it'd be coming out of your own pocket.

Advertisement