Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed Ramps In Rush

Options
  • 01-04-2021 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭

Coming into Rush itself they are unreal, you could hear the splash shield on the engine scrapping off some, if you didn't go over others right was like a hammer hit the car

Talk about way to lose money, wouldn't make you want to rush (no pun intended) out that way to enjoy the beaches etc (hate to see if brought the parents in a full car weighed down)

Heading to Portrane much the same issues unfortunately

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Mod note: I've moved this to make a new thread, the other one was far too old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

jeffk wrote: »
    Coming into Rush itself they are unreal, you could hear the splash shield on the engine scrapping off some, if you didn't go over others right was like a hammer hit the car

Talk about way to lose money, wouldn't make you want to rush (no pun intended) out that way to enjoy the beaches etc (hate to see if brought the parents in a full car weighed down)

Heading to Portrane much the same issues unfortunately

Sounds like you're trying to drive over them a bit too fast. Not being smart, but that's kindof the point of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,841 ✭✭✭jeffk

Duckjob wrote: »
    Sounds like you're trying to drive over them a bit too fast. Not being smart, but that's kindof the point of them.

No I wasn't as only had wheel bushing done on 4 wheels (older car unfortunately so got stuck with wear and tear items going soon after purchase), so definitely not driving it hard knowing the cost of repairs

Maybe I was afraid of scuffing the alloys so didn't position them dead centre for some issues

But as I said if guard scraping, I'd hate to see a fulll car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Show a pic of your car and a pic of the ramp.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

They are way too big. Especially the one at Doctors lane junction. The channel road is worse. I dont drive on that road if I can avoid it. Yet the lower main street which is like a speedway has none.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Email fingal and councillors to complain, not that will do anything as the head guy is a cyclist <snip>

Mod edit - Please don't make unsubstantiated allegations.

Post edited by The Black Oil on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I emailed FCC about bollards put beside my gate and they said they would send someone out to look when they had staff but confirmed they were not erected by FCC. That was 10 months ago and I emailed Councillor as well. Not a dickie from either.

I understand bollards put at corners to stop people parking in dangers locations but where these were put was to simply stop me parking my car. The road at side of my house leads into an estate where emergency services find it difficult if people park on the road as it is very narrow. I used to put my 2 passenger side wheels on kerb (not on grass). The footpath is on other side of road. I have had 2 mirrors broke on my car and parking it as I did made it a little safer for me and was doing no harm. I could just take them up as they are just bolted into the ground but person I spoke to in FCC advised me not to touch them!

Think the week ahead I will get on to council again and see if they do anything. If not I might have to get a phantom helped to assist.

Advertisement