Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Bank to for an unincorporated association?

• 02-04-2021 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hello all

My trade union branch are in desperate need of a new bank account. Our present provider doesn't give us access to online banking and I don't want another year dealing with cheques :pac: Both the people named on the account aren't on the committee anymore so they both agree now is the time to change providers rather than change the names.

I previously set up a bank account for an unincorporated association before but it was a student club so the bank rather generously waived all the bank fees. I don't think I'll have that sort of luck this time so I don't want us completely fleeced on fees.

Does anyone have experience in this area?

We wouldn't necessarily need in person branch banking, just online banking, preferably access to a debit card and a bank where it isn't too much of a headache to change the names as new people join the committee. Any banks that are helpful or any a nightmare for unincorporated associations?

I'm based in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,932 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

As far as I know, you'll need to set the signing rules to "one to sign" to get a debit card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 360 ✭✭Humour Me

Don’t rule out a credit union, I know that my own credit union is very welcoming to clubs and associations. A lot provide online banking and debit cards and wouldn’t have banking fees attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Humour Me wrote: »
    Don’t rule out a credit union, I know that my own credit union is very welcoming to clubs and associations. A lot provide online banking and debit cards and wouldn’t have banking fees attached.

Thanks so much, I ask around to some credit unions. Philosophically, they do work well with a trade union :pac: It's probably a very niche question anyways.

Advertisement