Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a Dorset hogget in lamb this time of the year!

Options
  • 02-04-2021 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have a Dorset hogget which did not go in lamb when I put her together with my other ewes with the ram on early November 2020.

The ram only performed for two weeks (broke his W) and I struggled to get a good replacement ram in time. The Hogget belongs to my granddaughter who is 6 years. I put the hogget out with a purebred Dorset ram 6 days ago and marked his chest, have been checking them both since but nothing happening. Probably not together long enough yet, but if both are okay and nothing happening is it because of the time of year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Ard_MC

I have a Dorset hogget which did not go in lamb when I put her together with my other ewes with the ram on early November 2020.

The ram only performed for two weeks (broke his W) and I struggled to get a good replacement ram in time. The Hogget belongs to my granddaughter who is 6 years. I put the hogget out with a purebred Dorset ram 6 days ago and marked his chest, have been checking them both since but nothing happening. Probably not together long enough yet, but if both are okay and nothing happening is it because of the time of year?

I think Dorset breed all year round. But have no direct experience with the breed...I wouldn't panic for another 10 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭148multi

You'll have to wait for a min of 17 days.

Advertisement