Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the alternatives to the HCAP, and how do they compare ?

Options
  • 02-04-2021 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭

Hi,

What are the alternatives to the HCAP, and how do they compare please ?

(keeping potential Coillte leases in mind).

Thanks,

Thanks,

G.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Any course will suffice. The hcap is not the only one Coilte can accept. That came to light when the initial attempt to make it mandatory for deer stalkers to complete such a course. So it actually opened it up. The CSI one, DSC1/2 or any course that "certifies" you as competent.

As for their comparison, i'll leave that to whomever has done more than one of them.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deanolal

Country sports Ireland run a course that is accepted by coillte. This is a one day course unlike the HCAP that is 2 separate days. Not sure on the price but as far as I remember it's definitely cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Sika98k

Deanolal wrote: »
    Country sports Ireland run a course that is accepted by coillte. This is a one day course unlike the HCAP that is 2 separate days. Not sure on the price but as far as I remember it's definitely cheaper.

It was €100 in 2019 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Deanolal wrote: »

Plus a lot less unnecessary padding to the course on the theory side.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement