If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG Oled warranty help

Options
  • 02-04-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi.

So my old LG oled has packed in and cannot be repaired. New panel is no longer available. 
    (Curved Panel)
    A replacement has been offered. Which I'm not entirely happy with but am being offered £1000 
    Towards a screen of my choice. Now £1050 as a good will gesture. 
    Am I being unreasonable hoping for closer to what I paid (£1450)? 

As the replacement I'm looking for is the LG 65CX. 
    Which is on offer at £1599 until Monday midnight I believe. So would ideally like to get this resolved this weekend.

Tia,

Osh

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Oshkosh wrote: »
    Hi.

So my old LG oled has packed in and cannot be repaired. New panel is no longer available. 
    (Curved Panel)
    A replacement has been offered. Which I'm not entirely happy with but am being offered £1000 
    Towards a screen of my choice. Now £1050 as a good will gesture. 
    Am I being unreasonable hoping for closer to what I paid (£1450)? 

As the replacement I'm looking for is the LG 65CX. 
    Which is on offer at £1599 until Monday midnight I believe. So would ideally like to get this resolved this weekend.

Tia,

Osh
    Hi Osh.

Thanks for the post.

Was your faulty TV purchased from ourselves?
    If you drop me your full name I can locate your account on our system.

In terms of the replacement offered. This would have been done by our service team and our head office so I would be unable to offer anything above what they have already offered unfortunately.
    Replacements are worked out on a like for like basis and not a monetary one. Age of TV are taking into account when offered a value towards a new TV.

Our service department is on Easter break until Wednesday 7th so you would be unable to contact them until then to see if they can offer anything else to you.

The 65CX deal does finish tonight and once it has finished we can not honour any orders placed after then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Oshkosh

Hi Kenny,

I'll pm you now.

Thanks for the reply. 

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Oshkosh wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

I'll pm you now.

Thanks for the reply. 
    Cheers Oshkosh.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.