Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radon membrane

Options
  • 03-04-2021 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi. I was told there are various levels and qualities of radon membrane out there . Any recommendations please?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

They have to be a specific gauge material.
    There is harmonised standard for them if I recall correctly so just get the gauge as per TGD Part C.

The equally important part is the sump, pipe work and outlet to allow future venting should it be required.

Page 9 here ———> https://assets.gov.ie/100136/0825dd2c-31ca-4cf4-8787-479cc33e11f7.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

There's about 5 or 6 different grades
    http://www.necoflex.ie/products/radon-barrier.aspx

The heaviest stuff RMB400 and up is really only for applications where damage is highly likely. For instance if rebar for a raft needs to be tied on top of it.

RMB 350.
    You could chance the unreinforced stuff
    I find it ****e, some lads get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭lemonkey

An option is Duraskrim - white barrier. It's one of the cheapest and easiest to use.

We use this on all our housing and HSE jobs. Architects always are happy when we show them the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

lemonkey wrote: »
    An option is Duraskrim - white barrier. It's one of the cheapest and easiest to use.

We use this on all our housing and HSE jobs. Architects always are happy when we show them the product.

Yep.
    Sorry the necoflex website was just the first one came to mind, I often use it as it's well laid out.

Dura Skim and the RMB 350 are similarly reinforced. And if I recall are both around 250 a roll. (Ex VAT)

Advertisement