Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone recommendation (1 week battery minimum requirement)

• 03-04-2021 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

I want to get rid of my smartphone. But the selection on the usual websites is tiny (Vodafone, Three, Tesco, Carphone Warehouse). So I'm hoping for some recommendations.

Must have:
    *1 full week battery life absolute minimum with daily usage*
    3G and 4G
    Phone calls and SMS

Nice to have:
    FM radio
    Mp3
    SD card support
    Telegram or Signal (WhatsApp or Messenger won't do)

The newer Nokia 3310 looks good but I don't see them for sale in Ireland and I hear there are far better devices for the same price, just not as stylish. Also the baked in Facebook apps is a turnoff.

Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I want to get rid of my smartphone. But the selection on the usual websites is tiny (Vodafone, Three, Tesco, Carphone Warehouse). So I'm hoping for some recommendations.

Must have:
    *1 full week battery life absolute minimum with daily usage*
    3G and 4G
    Phone calls and SMS

Nice to have:
    FM radio
    Mp3
    SD card support
    Telegram or Signal (WhatsApp or Messenger won't do)

The newer Nokia 3310 looks good but I don't see them for sale in Ireland and I hear there are far better devices for the same price, just not as stylish. Also the baked in Facebook apps is a turnoff.

Thanks for reading

If you want telegram or signal then you need a basic smartphone. I don't think what you want really exists. What's stopping you charging at night?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

DopeTech wrote: »
    If you want telegram or signal then you need a basic smartphone. I don't think what you want really exists. What's stopping you charging at night?

The apps are just a nice to have. I'm still open to recommendations

As for charging, I'd think about my phone a lot less if it wasn't for the battery life. I want to remove the phone from my daily/nightly routine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,007 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The apps are just a nice to have. I'm still open to recommendations

As for charging, I'd think about my phone a lot less if it wasn't for the battery life. I want to remove the phone from my daily/nightly routine.

What about a phone with wireless charging? You wouldnt have to remember to physically plug it in just close by the charging dock.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

GBX wrote: »
    What about a phone with wireless charging? You wouldnt have to remember to physically plug it in just close by the charging dock.

That's definitely a step up and I might consider it. I think I'm looking to slow down a little so even the daily consideration would be nice to jettison.

But, I think I'll get a wireless pad in the mean-time. Thanks.

Advertisement