Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Paid on Good Friday

• 03-04-2021 3:13pm

Hi Folks,

I'm self employed and do a bit of contract work with a company. They were supposed to pay me this week, but no sign of any money.

Generally when they pay me it goes into my account overnight, on friday night/saturday morning.

I'm also claiming a 'part time worker' allowance from Social Welfare that gets paid on a Friday.

Neither payment has appeared.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they were due to receive a payment this friday/saturday and if it's been held up at all? I'm not sure if I have to start chasing them up on Tuesday, or if it's just "normal" for payments to get delayed on good friday/easter bank holiday weekend?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

KKV wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I'm self employed and do a bit of contract work with a company. They were supposed to pay me this week, but no sign of any money.

Generally when they pay me it goes into my account overnight, on friday night/saturday morning.

I'm also claiming a 'part time worker' allowance from Social Welfare that gets paid on a Friday.

Neither payment has appeared.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me if they were due to receive a payment this friday/saturday and if it's been held up at all? I'm not sure if I have to start chasing them up on Tuesday, or if it's just "normal" for payments to get delayed on good friday/easter bank holiday weekend?

Cheers :)

Yes it's normal. Good Friday is an Irish and European Bank Holiday. You'll be waiting until Tuesday. They could have paid you on Thursday but forgot or didn't bother.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,584 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

It's normal for any bank holiday, will show on tuesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,808 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

athlone573 wrote: »
    Yes it's normal. Good Friday is an Irish and European Bank Holiday. You'll be waiting until Tuesday. They could have paid you on Thursday but forgot or didn't bother.

Yes. Was due to get paid Friday, got paid on Thursday instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I know my mother's state OAP payment was made on Thursday instead of Friday. Here's the government link to Easter payment arrangements:

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/67f30d-easter-payment-arrangements-2020/#payment-arrangements

Advertisement