Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External gas point not working

Options
  • 03-04-2021 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've got a 2019 Benimar Tessoro with an external gas point, and I'm trying to use a Cadac Grillo Chef, but I'm not getting gas to the bbq.

The gas is working fine, with the gas rings on the cooker lighting no problem.
    The BBQ works when I hook it to up a standalone gas cylinder (of butane).

I tried both a 3m length hose and 1m length hose (both 8mm) in case, as the Cadac manual seems to state shorter lengths. But no joy. I made these hoses myself, is there anything special with these quick connects I should be aware of?

The motorhome has a manifold to switch gas on/off to fridge/cooker/outside, and this is 'on' (same direction as the cooker, which works).

The Cadac is the 30mb version, same as the motorhome.

I'm not hearing any gas when I switch it on, and with naked flame it's not even flickering. So it looks like gas is not making it to the bbq at all.

What am I missing?

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Eh .... issue resolved ... ssshhh

• Registered Users Posts: 6,822 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

'Gwan - tell us! Was there a second cut-off valve? Or a tap on the external outlet? :)

Advertisement