Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Seniors Darts Championship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

Sad to see Jenkins without the tache :-(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Terry Jenkins looked good. 85 average despite some missed doubles. I would love if he could win this!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Watching this makes you appreciate how slick the Sky production is.

In saying that I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Standard is decent. Just shows how the class doesn't leave some of the players, Painter is looking good here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,829 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Watching it on BT, it looks better tonight

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Painter looked class. Really good darts and he could push Taylor in the quarters.

Feed just gone down on Virgin

Said I'd give it 10/ 15 minutes........now I'm hooked.....very enjoyable

I like the way the averages are displayed on screen the whole time, it's a nice addition

Is Howson the kirk sheppard of this tournament? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭paddythere

Warriner should never be allowed to commentate on darts again after that performance😂. I would have thrashed him myself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Adams 136 finish 150 and now 157.Brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Adams really good since start of 2nd set onwards

153 to win it for Adams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,497 ✭✭✭Ginger83

Martin Adams take a bow

Some display of finishing from Adams

Bobby George and Ray Stubbs look like they went clothes shopping in Penneys on the way to the studio and threw them straight on before going on air.

Very surprised that Manley is younger than Taylor, assumed he was 5 years older at least

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭shockframe

That was incredible from Adams. Class act.

Brilliant to have Ray Stubbs on board for this. One of the great darts presenters.

Taylor very poor so far. I'm surprised.

Awful here - have a feeling that Taylor A) no motivation but more importantly B) will raise standards against a better opponent

Still like Manley’s throw - always enjoyed it

• Advertisement

It is great Craic though.......... Bobby George with half the stock out of cash converters on his wrist/ fingers.

Martin Adams won’t mind who wins this Deller vs Butler match. Both poor although Deller had a few good clutch doubles

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Imagine the state of the board if Deller was playing Simon Whitlock!

Taylor continuing yesterday’s poor form so far. Painter well on his way

Oh how I love watching Taylor lose darts matches!

Missed the game tonight but thought Taylor looked dreadful against Manley yesterday. Delighted for Painter

Yep.......its more of a case of 'lack of' Power Taylor nowadays ....buy hey, what a fantastic career....brilliant player. With these seniors tournament ( in golf, snooker, darts, tennis) you can't expect the 'numbers' to be anywhere near the same as these guys had in the 80s & 90's

Doesn't anyone else think Taylor will just pack it in and not bother playing the other tournaments? I doubt he wants to show up and get beaten by players he used to hammer.

Unless he intends to practice like mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭passinginterest

You could see the improvement in Taylor from the Manley game and his average was creeping up through the Painter game. He went from 70s to mid 80s and was on the rise. I’ve no doubt he’ll start practicing now and he’ll be back with a view to winning this next year and a few others along the way. There’s been a clear advantage to the players who kept playing competitive darts for the most part.

I can see the standard rising pretty rapidly, especially if it’s open to more qualifiers. The money seems half decent and the limited number of events will probably appeal to a lot of players winding down on the PDC tour where the intensity and travel demands are huge now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

Apparently, he does intend to practice like mad - and has just had a new board delivered to his house...

Post edited by goldenmick on

Advertisement