Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glen River Park

Options
  • 03-04-2021 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,053 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

I've been for a walk in Glen River Park a few times over last little while, feels like a secret tucked away.

Now that the evenings are getting longer I was planning on heading there in the evening, does it get locked up at all? And any antisocial issues in the evenings to be aware of?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

dulpit wrote: »
    Hey,

I've been for a walk in Glen River Park a few times over last little while, feels like a secret tucked away.

Now that the evenings are getting longer I was planning on heading there in the evening, does it get locked up at all? And any antisocial issues in the evenings to be aware of?
    It doesnt get locked up but I would be weary of walking around in there late after tea.
    I tend to find early mornings til early evenings grand in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭shawki

Pre-COVID there was a park run there on Saturday mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭112143

The gate near Dillon's cross is locked at night, I forget the name of the lane, possibly sunview?
    All other ways in are open.
    I quite happily walk around it regardless of the time, beware though you will see unsavoury characters.
    I've come across several people using needle's that carry on using no matter what.
    I've never once felt threatened though.
    To be clear I adore the place, it is a gem, sometimes I think if it was on the south side of the city there would be a much bigger deal made about the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I walked all the way up into the Glen two weeks ago trying to find the entrance but Google maps led me astray and then I somehow ended up seeing a huge altercation happen between two families. There was a lot of screaming and roaring and I got out of the area quickly

I'll have to try again soon.

I'm bored so I've listed a few plus codes for Google maps below with various ways into the Glen.

WG7M+6F Cork

WG8X+67 Cork

WG6X+PV Cork

WG6W+38 Cork

Hopefully helps someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

112143 wrote: »
    I'm bored so I've listed a few plus codes for Google maps below with various ways into the Glen.

WG7M+6F Cork

WG8X+67 Cork

WG6X+PV Cork

WG6W+38 Cork

Hopefully helps someone.

Really handy! Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

shawki wrote: »
    Pre-COVID there was a park run there on Saturday mornings.

And it will come back at some stage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I only discovered this park this time last year and I really love it. Never seen any carry on there bar a couple of young fellas on a scrambler.

I probably wouldn't be going there after sundown, though.

Not far from the Glen park there is a lovely spot with a play area for kids, there's a memorial for the Great war there as well.
    Here's a map code WG6J+7R Cork, roughly.
    There's also an entrence up past the revenue office.
    It's very well kept with a lot of green space for play and some trees for shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

I live in the glen still spent alot of time down the glen or gouldings glen as it was known then havent been there in years,as said though after dark wouldnt be great also an entrance off the north ring road near fire station.

• Advertisement
Advertisement