Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large Crowds In the City

• 03-04-2021 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, couldn't believe the Crowds heading towards Arthur's Quay Park a while ago. Must be a 100+ with slabs and bottles of wine no regard to the restrictions.
    Going to be trouble around this evening unfortunately

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭WWMRD

djsim101 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, couldn't believe the Crowds heading towards Arthur's Quay Park a while ago. Must be a 100+ with slabs and bottles of wine no regard to the restrictions.
    Going to be trouble around this evening unfortunately

Was in town around 7pm and saw them all walking around....shocking considering the gardas were around the place....it will be messy alright tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭djsim101

WWMRD wrote: »
    Was in town around 7pm and saw them all walking around....shocking considering the gardas were around the place....it will be messy alright tonight

I mean how can they get away with it. I'm just pi§§Ed off about this. It's very unfair on the rest of us and it's going to put us back weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭WWMRD

djsim101 wrote: »
    I mean how can they get away with it. I'm just pi§§Ed off about this. It's very unfair on the rest of us and it's going to put us back weeks now.

I know... I just kept saying to my husband in the car should we call the gardas!? And then to see the two garda cars around doing nothing just made me more annoyed! I haven't hugged my parents in over a year... And then I see gangs of people and to be honest a lot in their mid 20s just doing what they bloody want anyway... Its so upsetting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jpharvey

WWMRD wrote: »
    I know... I just kept saying to my husband in the car should we call the gardas!? And then to see the two garda cars around doing nothing just made me more annoyed! I haven't hugged my parents in over a year... And then I see gangs of people and to be honest a lot in their mid 20s just doing what they bloody want anyway... Its so upsetting

I feel your pain. I'm just keeping my mask on and head down until this is all over. You could feel the giddy sun/booze combo earlier this evening all along the quays. Survival of the fittest is out in force it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭Comhrá

It is upsetting but in fairness there's very little the Gardai can really do. They don't have the resources to deal with large gatherings and there is no political will to really bother with any directives to break up these gatherings that might prove politically divisive or in any way controversial.

The crowds of young people out on the town in Dublin were all over social media in recent days, and no doubt after the fine weekend we'll all have anecdotal accounts of the crowds in West Clare and Kerry, the Dublin reg cars and so on.

Weak government is evident throughout the pandemic as evidenced by the hotel quarantine saga and the continued ease of travel into the country via Dublin Airport and Northern Ireland and thus we reap what we sow. That's just how it is. We'll probably have a wave of cases similar to after Christmas in a month's time after Easter's excesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Any trouble last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

osarusan wrote: »
    Any trouble last night?

I did the 3 bridges and had a good walk around town last night (about 8km) got home at half 11 and while there was a good few people of the shiny tracksuit variety there wasn't a whole load of bother that I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Relax Karen, people need to blow off steam and it's outdoors.

SNNUS wrote: »
    Relax Karen, people need to blow off steam and it's outdoors.

People are anxious Ken. Can you not let them vent in their own way?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭SNNUS

jpharvey wrote: »
    People are anxious Ken. Can you not let them vent in their own way?

It's a year of I saw people out while I was out crap and taking videos of people in parks etc. It's tiring and kinda pathetic. Those who are anxious should avoid towns etc but don't expect everyone to live their lives in a anxious state as well.

• Advertisement

SNNUS wrote: »
    It's a year of I saw people out while I was out crap and taking videos of people in parks etc. It's tiring and kinda pathetic. Those who are anxious should avoid towns etc but don't expect everyone to live their lives in a anxious state as well.

Look I agree, but avoiding town is impossible for those of us who live in and have to navigate it. Everyone can have an off day where things get overwhelming and I don't think that's pathetic. It is tiring though. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I think that's all the use we are going to get from this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement