Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei matebook 2020 edition chrome / firefox issues

Options
  • 03-04-2021 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

xmas present for the eldest, chrome has never worked on it and now firefox wont work, have tried the usual tricks cant seem to find a reason for why firefox has suddenly stopped.

firefox was working fine las 3 months. now when icon clicked get a brief box appearing too quick for the eye and fails to launch

any ideas

Edge works fine

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

xmas present for the eldest, chrome has never worked on it and now firefox wont work, have tried the usual tricks cant seem to find a reason for why firefox has suddenly stopped.

firefox was working fine las 3 months. now when icon clicked get a brief box appearing too quick for the eye and fails to launch

any ideas

Edge works fine
    Uninstall/ reinstall perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭DopeTech

any ideas

Edge works fine

Define not working. What error did you get? A reinstall will fix most things but if firefox is also not working then perhaps there's something else going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

uninstall reinstall doesn't work

getting no error code or message just fails to launch when icon clicks

edge works fine , ive turned off anti virus etc just to check etc.

nothing about this issue with this model when i google it

edit. it also doesn't explain the fact it won't run google chrome either. never met a laptop this weird.

edit 2 . on closer look firefox, chrome/chrome beta/opera all install fine . when you click the icons to open them the window briefly opens then disappears, it happens so fast you wouldn't notice it but they do . can find not hardware issue and ive chased every compatability mode i can find

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Have you tried going directly to the exe in C:\Program Files etc. rather than using the shortcuts?

Have you tried going directly to the exe in C:\Program Files etc. rather than using the shortcuts?

yes , neither worked, however i changed the name of exe to firefox1, created a shortcut on desktop and it worked, same trick didn't work with chrome.

It is a fix but im perplexed as to why chrome or FF doesn't work properly on a spanking new machine

• Advertisement

In Task Manager check and close any/all FF or Chrome instances, or simply Restart computer , then try again.

In Task Manager check and close any/all FF or Chrome instances, or simply Restart computer , then try again.

first thing i tried , TM had no activity from Chrome or FF despite starting both programs. its a complete mystery but at least i have FF working in a roundabout way.

first thing i tried , TM had no activity from Chrome or FF despite starting both programs. its a complete mystery but at least i have FF working in a roundabout way.
    No harm to run malwarebytes or ESET online scanner to confirm that there is no crap on the system.

No harm to run malwarebytes or ESET online scanner to confirm that there is no crap on the system.

good idea ive eset on the comp ill do that

Advertisement