Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Rikand wrote: »
    so.....

uhhhh......

forget everything I said. Everything is as its meant to be!

Lets carry on! :D
    tenor.gif?itemid=14778380
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In 9th place, scoring 7 points

Fischerspooner - Have fun tonight :: Submitted by
    Irish Aris

Okay, this is really quite dark but I enjoyed this. I kinda reminded me of the trentemoller song that was sent in, in the last walrus. A bit kind like a nine inch nails kinda vibe to it with a bit of a dark depeche mode 80's vibe thrown in there(but of course!) yeah, this is when I started to enjoy the songs :)

In 8th Place scoring 8 points

Lemon Jelly - Space Walk :: Submitted by
    Electric Nitwit

Ah this was just lovely. Kinda happy chilled. Not as good as Nice weather for ducks but a lovely chilled vibe to it that'd just make you smile. There was something about that I'm not sure that just didnt push it up. I think it was the repetitive voice sample. I think if the voice sample had only been at the very start, I might have liked it more but some of it was just a little too repetitive which is probably very strange coming from someone who loves Trance but there you have it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Mid table, I'll take it, was kind of a risky choice I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Really like that song Aris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

oooh Have fun tonight I'm digging! !

he's sounding a teeny weeny bit like Placebo in parts too

Not as good as Nice weather for ducks
    Well, what is? :D
    But I can't keep entering that over and over and over!

ShaneU wrote: »
    Really like that song Aris
    oooh Have fun tonight I'm digging! !

he's sounding a teeny weeny bit like Placebo in parts too

Thanks guys.
    Big fan of Fischerspooner, Casey Spooner is a very good live performer. They had a cult following in Greece and they visited a few times for live and dj sets.

In 7th place scoring 9 points.

Versatile ft Offica - Babyproof :: submitted by
    Sineadspears

This is just straight up ****ing I dont know what. First listen, I was like, that's so funny and then second listen, I was like, are these even real people. And then third listen, I was like.... okay, its starting to get a little annoying, but its still okay. Like, still laughing a bit and then with more listens I was like. I dont know if I'm laughing with them or at them but I am laughing, so that's why its in 7th place. And the video is comical. Are these a real act ?

Irish Aris wrote: »
    They had a cult following in Greece
    Aris, have you heard of Puressence?
    I used to love them but they never made it here really, but I remember hearing they were oddly big in Greece

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Sineadspears

This is just straight up ****ing I dont know what. First listen, I was like, that's so funny and then second listen, I was like, are these even real people. And then third listen, I was like.... okay, its starting to get a little annoying, but its still okay. Like, still laughing a bit and then with more listens I was like. I dont know if I'm laughing with them or at them but I am laughing, so that's why its in 7th place. And the video is comical. Are these a real act ?

I kinda love these lads, a bit, sometimes... I was told the went to private school but are from Ringsend (the Compton of Europe :D)
    Checkout 'Prefontaine' and 'Escape Wagon' ft. Coolio to continue the laughter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Sineadspears

Versatile was the first act that made me realise that I was truly beginning to get old. I couldn't figure out the deal with them, is this for real etc, etc? Then I found out that they were absolutely massively popular with everyone under about the age of 23. Sheeeet... I'm past it now, I thought.

Are these a real act ?

do you not know who they are??

the song I posted was their latest when I was submitting songs. I think they are brilliant :pac:

but my favourite of theirs is this one below. I just cant stop laughing at it every time I hear it :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA5PWRPeMOk

and yes, I'm aware of how inappropriate it is :pac:

In 6th place scoring 10 points

Kyary Kyary Pamyu - Gum Gum Girl :: Submitted by
    ShaneU

As the person who sent this in said :: " You'll either love or hate this. I hate that I love it so much. " And thats kinda how it is for me. When I listened to it first I was like :: " this is annoying, bottom 4ish maybe..." and then I woke up the next morning and while making breakfast I found myself humming the melody to the song and then it just kept going up the list and I've since listened to more songs from the artist and shes quite good. I quite enjoy this and i quite enjoy her. And I hated the video at the start but even the video is starting to grow on me. You'll either hate this or you'll love it or you'll hate that you love it and I dont know if I love it or hate that I love it yet, but I definitely dont hate it lol

Aris, have you heard of Puressence?
    I used to love them but they never made it here really, but I remember hearing they were oddly big in Greece

You are right EN.
    Their first album had a lot of radio airplay and they became very popular.
    I was never into them but they were in Greece for concerts very frequently - at one time they did a kind of mini tour with 4-5 concerts in various cities - and they were generally a safe bet for summer festivals, when available.

do you not know who they are??

I'm old

To add to that other thread.... I was 26 when Sex on Fire came out :D

Arghus wrote: »
    Versatile was the first act that made me realise that I was truly beginning to get old. I couldn't figure out the deal with them, is this for real etc, etc? Then I found out that they were absolutely massively popular with everyone under about the age of 23. Sheeeet... I'm past it now, I thought.

give them a proper listen, and you'll be down with all the kool kidz (like me) :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,527 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

give them a proper listen, and you'll be down with all the kool kidz (like me) :o:D

Oh this is old me from three years ago. I'm a fan of Versatile for sure.

abe-simpson.gif

If that's the fecking shïte they're listening to, I'm happy to be old! (sorry Sinead :D)

Irish Aris wrote: »
    You are right EN.
    Their first album had a lot of radio airplay and they became very popular.
    I was never into them but they were in Greece for concerts very frequently - at one time they did a kind of mini tour with 4-5 concerts in various cities - and they were generally a safe bet for summer festivals, when available.
    Nice, always seemed funny to hear that while I was watching them with a crowd of a couple of hundred, max!

• Advertisement

In 5th place, scoring 11 points

Journey - Anyway you want it :; Submitted by
    Necro

This was the first song I listened to and I said **** you
    Necro
    , I'm not giving you a top 5 cause I knew this one was from
    Necro
    , but he was all like "baby hold tight" and I just couldnt help myself. It's such an infectious song and a real joy bringer. I had completely forgotten all about this song's existence so it was a real source of joy for me..... but it's no Separate Ways!

I'm old

To add to that other thread.... I was 26 when Sex on Fire came out :D

Well I was 24 then and even I know who Versatile are :p

I know a couple of very funny songs that are smartly put together but am not really a 'fan' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

In 5th place, scoring 11 points

Journey - Anyway you want it :; Submitted by
    Necro

This was the first song I listened to and I said **** you Necro, I'm not giving you a top 5 cause I knew this one was from Necro, but he was all like "baby hold tight" and I just couldnt help myself. It's such an infectious song and a real joy bringer. I had completely forgotten all about this song's existence so it was a real source of joy for me..... but it's no Separate Ways!

JollyGrouchyAnura-size_restricted.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

That song brings me so much joy as it reminds me of my college years, one of my mates even did a mock up where he spliced loads of photos from the years together to go with the song :D

Oh this is old me from three years ago. I'm a fan of Versatile for sure.

Phew, because I think they are hilarious but i was thinking maybe it's just a Dub thing :D

in 4th place scoring 12 points

Jess Glynn - All I am :: Submitted by
    Ari101

I just really loved this song from the very first listen. Very happy, feel go lucky tune that I just really enjoyed! A real head bopper. I bopped all the way through and it really brought the joy for me, something I could definitely bop along to if I heard it come on the radio in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I thought versatile made radiators for bathrooms and stuff

in 4th place scoring 12 points

Jess Glynn - All I am :: Submitted by
    Ari101

I just really loved this song from the very first listen. Very happy, feel go lucky tune that I just really enjoyed! A real head bopper. I bopped all the way through and it really brought the joy for me, something I could definitely bop along to if I heard it come on the radio in the car.

Oh of course Jess Glynn, she's one of my go to feel good peeps, glad you enjoyed! There is a music video, but it includes chat clip, not just HD music, so I don't prefer it :D

In 3rd place, scoring 13 points

Rory Gallagher - The Loop :: Submitted by
    The Purple Tin

Ah this was great! Lovely and short. I think the perfect length because if it was any longer, the loop would become a little too much. It ends at just the right time. A brilliant little instrumental that i was so happy to hear everytime it came on. I wouldnt be hugely familiar with Rory Gallagher but I'm gonna try and find more stuff like this. Just class

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,492 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In 3rd place, scoring 13 points

Rory Gallagher - The Loop :: Submitted by
    The Purple Tin

Ah this was great! Lovely and short. I think the perfect length because if it was any longer, the loop would become a little too much. It ends at just the right time. A brilliant little instrumental that i was so happy to hear everytime it came on. I wouldnt be hugely familiar with Rory Gallagher but I'm gonna try and find more stuff like this. Just class

Well......if it isn't the cork legend himself ;)

Give shadow play and continental op a listen R .

Advertisement