Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

For the most part, these songs were not for me. But the song that came first was the absolute find of the competition so far for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Rikand wrote: »
    Gonna stick with the 15 to 1 reveal for this round as every other walrus is doing middle and out or leaving first 3, last 3 to the end.... a straight worst to best is almost unique these days :D

I think I prefare this way.

although a switch up every so often is nice too

In 15th Place, scoring 1 point

Able Heart - Greenlight :: Submitted by
    Ari101

baby girl girl girl oh baby baby baby girl girl falsettos!!!! girlgirlgirl.

This just isnt really my thing at all unless its like a parody, like the south park fingerbang thing from yesterday and then that like, his voice, I'm like. no. And if there's not a bit of autotune in there, then thats even worse. I can definitely see how this would work in rush hour or if you were trying to rush your partner into the bedroom in a kind of sexy dance way. Maybe I should have tried to listen to it while I was trying to sexy time the wife but in general terms, this just didnt work for me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

No parody, I like the sound/meter (lyrically I am not pushed :)). It ended up on a commuting playlist as it have the right rhythm/speed for a good power walk :D now I can't un-rush hour hear it ;) Sorry for wasting your listening time! :o

In 14th Place, scoring 2 points

Richard and Linda Thompson : Dimming of the Day - Submitted by
    the purple tin

Linda has a lovely voice and all that but while I found the song sad, when I started reading the background of the performance based on the YouTube comments I really got depressed altogether and while I admired her for being able to perform the song so well with everything that was going on, the whole thing overall just made me feel miserable

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    No parody, I like the sound/meter (lyrically I am not pushed :)). It ended up on a commuting playlist as it have the right rhythm/speed for a good power walk :D now I can't un-rush hour hear it ;) Sorry for wasting your listening time! :o

Someone else might love it :o

I kinda like that Greenlight song. His voice wouldn't have me rushing to the bedroom with him, but I like the song :pac:

In 13th place, scoring 3 points

Kris Kristofferson - Sunday morning coming down - Submitted by
    JP Liz V1

And then, i drank a bottle of gin and then I suffered kidney failure before I ended up in hospital for 14 weeks hooked up to an IV line before I eventually passed away, miserable and alone and depressed and gagging for more hooch. so yeah.... this just wasnt really my thing, content wise and pace wise

And then, i drank a bottle of gin and then I suffered kidney failure before I ended up in hospital for 14 weeks hooked up to an IV line before I eventually passed away, miserable and alone and depressed and gagging for more hooch. so yeah.... this just wasnt really my thing, content wise and pace wise

:D:D

few weeks ago I was listening to a lot of music with deep lyrics without even realizing. its just what I happen to like.

But an Ad came on mid song and asks something like 'do you need somebody to talk too' - 'look no further, here is a list of where you can go for help' kinda thing.
    and starts listing off the names of thereapist's in my local area!! :o

I pmsl :D

In 12th Place, scoring 4 points

Boards of Canada - XYZ - Submitted by
    Arghus

. Kinda like the opening theme from the Shining mixed with the theme from Assault on Precinct 13. i can kinda see how you would get morning time out of it.... when the day is really still and then everything starts to wake up. At some point, I almost felt like.... this is kinda like when Hal said, "What are you doing Dave?"

But then it goes kinda Drum and bass a bit, I dont really know how I feel about that. This took me on a journey where I kept waiting for the destination to arrive and the destination just ended up being another journey that i didnt really like

• Advertisement

In 11th place, scoring 5 points

R.E.M - Nightswimming - Submitted by
    SawDuck

I'm not a big fan of REM and nightswimming is one of my least favourite songs from them. Sidewinder sleeps tonite.... now thats a tune :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Wow I love nightswimming. good choice Sawduck

In 10th Place, scoring 6 points

Life Letters - Never get used to people - Submitted by
    Fixxxer

This was just ****ing wierd. Like, it started off okay and the chorus(I think it was the chorus), was kinda okay and i did catch myself bopping now and again but overall, it was just a bit too ****ing wierd...) And maybe I'm showing my age, but how could you listen to this at like 4-5am. I'd be aiming for the Kris Kristofferson song to try and get me off to sleep, actual sleep, not dead sleep :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

OK, now I get what you were saying about sad songs.

I liked the glitchy sound of Boards of Canada, might investigate them some more.
    And Nightswimming, such a lovely song. The whole Automatic For The People album was top class!

In 9th place, scoring 7 points

Low - Lullaby - Submitted by
    osh

Actually no wait. This is the song I would use to put me to sleep. . Wasn’t overly keen on the vocal parts, but when it went to the solo it was very listenable. I have it on right now and I'm already starting to yawn... Best move on to the next song! :D

In 8th place, scoring 8 points

Nickleback - This Afternoon - Submitted by
    Necro, of course

Everyone who has finished behind Nickleback is wondering how the **** did I finish behind Nickleback ? I quite like Nickleback. Photograph for all its cheeziness is my favourite Nickleback song. This Nickleback song is only okay though. The video definitely appeals to my rampant heterosexuality though, so thank you for that :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Do like a bit of boards of Canada and REM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Said to myself after your preamble I’d be happy enough with top 10 so not the worst

Low - Lullaby - Submitted by
    osh
    Wasn’t overly keen on the vocal parts, but when it went to the solo it was very listenable.

I feel the exact opposite.

The song is a bit too slow for me. then the vocals come in, and it makes me like it :pac:

In 7th place, scoring 9 points

Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps :: Submitted by
    Irish Aris

I do like some massive attack stuff. Generally prefer them when the use a female vocalist. Protection is my favourite massive attack song. But yeah I'd be fairly familiar with Inertia Creeps and its grand.

• Advertisement

In 6th place, scoring 10 points

Tweedy - Summer Noon - Submitted by
    H2DPB

Kind of a beatles type sound? Which, I'm not normally keen on, but this was pretty okay. quite listenable. very listenable in the summer time in the afternoon. very inoffensive. yeah, cheers! *clink*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Singer does sound like John Lennon

In 5th place, scoring 11 points

Chvrches - Mother we share - Submitted by
    EN

That intro kinda reminds me of mgmt or that made in chelsea theme song by m83. Just a generally nice sounding song. I like her voice, like an Ellie Goulding song – a nice pop song :)

In 4th place, scoring 12 points

Rockall - Mezzoforte - Submitted by
    Sephy

This is kinda like up tempo elevator music or you know what, its

"your call is currently on hold. Please wait for an operator to come free and connect your call"

type of music.... The kind of music you'd be grooving away to while you were on hold and really, thats not a bad thought. There's kind of like an Earth, Wind and Fire type of vibe to this.... maybe mixed with some Madness. It's perhaps a little long for me. When it makes that "break" at around 3:40 I just think to myself that that would have been a perfect time to end the song. But its still good.

I'm not sure how it reminds this person of 3pm on a Monday. 3pm on a Monday for me would be the Kris Kristofferson song and for the love of all things holy just get me another bottle of whatever he's having!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,601 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I had very high hopes for that BoC track, I absolutely adore it, can't get enough of it - completely takes me away. Can't listen to it if I'm out and about, I'll get hypnotised and there's a danger I might walk in front of a passing car.

Forgot to do top 3 hype for the last category!

Our remaining contestants are
    SineadSpears
    ASLB
    ShaneU

Who will be the winner ? We're about to find out!

In 3rd place, scoring 13 points

Aurora - Running with the Wolves - Submitted by
    ASLB

I wasnt able to watch the video for this at all. When I saw the things stuck in her I just kept wincing in pain and I couldnt enjoy the song but then when I decided to not watch the video, I really enjoyed this song. Song was just so much better for me not watching the video which is a good thing because its a music judging contest, not a video contest :D Really really good song choice and a song that just kept growing on me!

In 2nd place, scoring 14 points

Five finger death punch - A little bit off today - Submitted by
    SineadSpears

Yeah I like this. I like the funkiness in the chord changes. The kinda off rock, rock to it. I like the uptempo. I just generally like this a lot. Great song choice :D

oh I really like that Aurora song!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Very happy with that. After last round, I was expecting to be in the lower ranks throughout the entire Walrus, at least now I know there is some common ground to be found... ;)

Going out for an after midnight stroll and blasting Running With The Wolves through my headphones is always my favourite time of day.

Advertisement