Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Rikand wrote: »

Five finger death punch - A little bit off today - Submitted by
    SineadSpears
    Yeah I like this. I like the funkiness in the chord changes. The kinda off rock, rock to it. I like the uptempo. I just generally like this a lot. Great song choice :D

I love this song so much :pac:

brilliant band too.

happy though that you liked it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

In 1st place, scoring 15 points

Ampersounds - Night Drive (1984 mix) - Submitted by ShaneU

From the very listen I loved this. When I was listening to these songs and I heard this I got stuck and I didnt listen to another song for a couple of days except this one. I just loved it.
    A song from this year from veteran producer Fred Falke, its got a great 80’s kind of vibe to it. Moves along at a brilliant pace. Love the vocals, love the tempo, love the feel. Be a great song to drive along to at night. Verses great, chorus great and then the vocal key change almost like a Daft Punk type of vocal type thing and just brilliant! Really really loved this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,870 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah I had it on repeat for a while when I first found it too, banger :D

thats a brilliant song Shane!!

Good choice as the overall winner too Rikand.

Thank you everyone for your entries for this round. I know that a lot of them didnt hit the mark with me, but these things happen. You can see from the comments that they hit with other people. I was very happy with the top 5 songs. Some real repeat listens in there for me :)

I'll do the tables again tomorrow.

Next category could be a couple of weeks before I do it. Mainly because I want to listen to every song in the shower and i dont shower more than once a day because I'm a civil servant and the job is just not taxing enough for there to be a need to do that lol :D

I could potentially reveal category 4 before 3 if i felt there was going to be too long of a gap between reveals. We'll see how that plays out :D

• Advertisement

I can see now why the other songs didnt hit the spot for you, after seeing the winning song. it does have a great feel to it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 5th place, scoring 11 points

Chvrches - Mother we share - Submitted by
    EN

That intro kinda reminds me of mgmt or that made in chelsea theme song by m83. Just a generally nice sounding song. I like her voice, like an Ellie Goulding song – a nice pop song :)
    Glad you liked it :)

I was locked on to it once I saw the category, it's only one line that really conjures a time but I always think of it
    Into the night for once, We're the only ones left,
    I bet you even know, Where we could go
    It always reminds me of my younger drinking days, when everywhere's closing but you know one place (Mr Wolf's in Bristol for me!) where you can get another drink. I used to love that time, it was only a few of you left, just the hardcore group, and you felt unstoppable. This song always brings me back to that

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

In 4th place, scoring 12 points

Rockall - Mezzoforte - Submitted by
    Sephy

This is kinda like up tempo elevator music or you know what, its

"your call is currently on hold. Please wait for an operator to come free and connect your call"

type of music.... The kind of music you'd be grooving away to while you were on hold and really, thats not a bad thought. There's kind of like an Earth, Wind and Fire type of vibe to this.... maybe mixed with some Madness. It's perhaps a little long for me. When it makes that "break" at around 3:40 I just think to myself that that would have been a perfect time to end the song. But its still good.

I'm not sure how it reminds this person of 3pm on a Monday. 3pm on a Monday for me would be the Kris Kristofferson song and for the love of all things holy just get me another bottle of whatever he's having!

I missed this reveal *facepalm*

Wow 4th place :eek:

*faints*

:D

Oops, i forgot the table. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow :D

Have given every song one listen so far and 5 of them have gotten listens in the shower. Its definitely looking like a reveal not taking place this week. I like all the songs. Some I like more than others, but really struggling to say anything negative about any of them at the moment. Gonna need time to get the order right and very tough to put songs in the bottom 3-5.

One or two songs that are well out in front at the moment though

I'm interested to see how everyone interpreted this round

For me, shower music has to be...
    • loud. To carry over the sound of the shower
    • short. Two young kids, I don't get long showers!
    • banging. A shower is reinvigorating, so the song has to contribute to that
    I'm guessing some people went more relaxing than me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It has to be sing-a-long-able. No point in having shower music if you cant butcher it your own vocals.

source.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A song that makes you want to boogie is a bad idea, you will end up on your ass!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

A song that makes you want to boogie is a bad idea, you will end up on your ass!

giphy.gif

there is a Simpsons gif for everything.

Oops, i forgot the table. I'll try to remember to do it tomorrow :D

Have given every song one listen so far and 5 of them have gotten listens in the shower. Its definitely looking like a reveal not taking place this week. I like all the songs. Some I like more than others, but really struggling to say anything negative about any of them at the moment. Gonna need time to get the order right and very tough to put songs in the bottom 3-5.

One or two songs that are well out in front at the moment though

If you spend any more time in the shower you will turn into a walrus :pac:

You and I must dance with very different levels of enthusiasm :D

Round 2 scores - Sephy with a slight lead on the overall but still very much all to play for :D

Boards name | Song choice | Youtube Link | Position | Points
    ShaneU | Night Drive(1984 mix) by Ampersounds | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeQSFttp34s | 1st | 15
    SineadSpears | A little bit off today by Five finger death punch | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h40nC_459-M | 2nd | 14
    ASLB | Running with the wolves by Aurora | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ht9MyJLT4 | 3rd | 13
    Sephiroth_Dude | Mezzoforte by Rockall | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiEOc4y2DDo | 4th | 12
    Electric Nitwit | Mother We Share by Chvrches | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_mTRvJ9fugM | 5th | 11
    H2DPB| Summer Noon by Tweedy | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyO2EY38YcA | 6th | 10
    Irish Aris | Inertia Creeps by Massive Attack | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mn7EC-skg | 7th | 9
    Necro | This afternoon - Nickleback | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pflARrGZqOw | 8th | 8
    osh | Lullaby by Low | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaSVkb_XLt4 | 9th | 7
    Fixxxer | Never get used to people - Life Letters | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hUbvIJ0Hnw | 10th | 6
    Sawduck | Nightswimming by R.E.M | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahJ6Kh8klM4 | 11th | 5
    Arghus | XYZ by Boards of Canada | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYnw3GBAlU | 12th | 4
    JP Liz V1 | Sunday Morning Coming Down - Kris Kristofferson| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqGWTxwZEA | 13th | 3
    The purple tin | Dimming of the Day by Richard and Linda Thompson | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6kjCd7QRbw | 14th | 2
    Ari101 | Greenlight by Ableheart | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNPMkCKmMtA | 15th | 1

Cumulative Scoring Table
    Boards Name|R1|R2|R3|R4|R5|R6|R7|R8|Total
    Sephiroth_Dude|14|12|||||||26
    ShaneU|10|15|||||||25
    Sineadspears|9|14|||||||23
    osh|15|7|||||||22
    Electric Nitwit|8|11|||||||19
    Necro|11|8|||||||19
    ASLB|4|13|||||||17
    Irish Aris|7|9|||||||16
    The purple tin|13|2|||||||15
    Ari101|12|1|||||||13
    H2DPB|2|10|||||||12
    Sawduck|6|5|||||||11
    Arghus|5|4|||||||9
    Fixxxer|3|6|||||||9
    JP Liz V1|1|3|||||||4

I take long showers. With 2 kids, the shower is my sanctuary lol.

I listened to 2 songs this morning that I have been enjoying but didnt really work for me in the shower. Shower groovealong/singalong ability will be a deciding factor in the order I think.

I take long showers. With 2 kids, the shower is my sanctuary lol.

I listened to 2 songs this morning that I have been enjoying but didnt really work for me in the shower. Shower groovealong/singalong ability will be a deciding factor in the order I think.
    Some people might take baths and then would prefer a relaxing ballad or classical maybe.
    Bopping in the tub is just not on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

I don't listen to music in the shower so I've no idea if my song is suitable for showering, just went with something that had a good beat to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I don't sing either, I listen to Warhammer 40K lore videos on YouTube.

fixXxer wrote: »
    I don't sing either
    Me neither, don't like singalongability being a criteria. If I wanted to hear something like my singing I'd just throw a dog into a tumble dryer :D

Well grooving/dancing is the main criteria, but if i cant groove to it, Singing will have to do

Not too many songs like these submitted - but these are typically the kind of thing I would listen to when having a shower :)

All Trance of different varieties. Uplifting, progressive, Deep, chill, Classic whatever :D I just groove to these really well :D

Especially useful when you just get into the shower and the water is that tiny bit too hot initially and you do the sway from side to side as each shoulder gets a second or two at a time before switching to the other shoulder as your body becomes acclimatized to the heat. Just ideal for this for me :D

8 minutes - just about the right length for a shower. Got the double peak too so when it hits the second one you know its nearly time to get out

14 minutes - when this ends, I know I've been in the shower for too long lol

5 minutes - Just for when I need to have a quicker shower. 5 minutes of pure grooving

Classic

One more for the road

Really enjoying some of these songs as shower songs. Planning to reveal on friday all things going well.

Also, only just noticed that I've only been listening to 14 songs and those 14 entrants will be glad to know that the 15th song is going to come last. I like about 12 songs in this category, 2 others have fallen off on the relistens factor. I'm really struggling on my order of preference overall though. Definitely harder when you like most of the songs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

15th eh... not familiar with that position at all... :rolleyes:

giphy.gif

:pac:

Reveal Friday night. Starting sometime around 9:00pm :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Not too many songs like these submitted - but these are typically the kind of thing I would listen to when having a shower :)

All Trance of different varieties. Uplifting, progressive, Deep, chill, Classic whatever :D I just groove to these really well :D

Especially useful when you just get into the shower and the water is that tiny bit too hot initially and you do the sway from side to side as each shoulder gets a second or two at a time before switching to the other shoulder as your body becomes acclimatized to the heat. Just ideal for this for me :D

8 minutes - just about the right length for a shower. Got the double peak too so when it hits the second one you know its nearly time to get out

14 minutes - when this ends, I know I've been in the shower for too long lol

5 minutes - Just for when I need to have a quicker shower. 5 minutes of pure grooving

Classic

One more for the road

After listening to these songs, I have a bad feeling my song will do bad in this round it sounds absolutely nothing like any of these and is barely 3 minutes (I need to start listening to music in the shower :D)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reveal Friday night. Starting sometime around 9:00pm :)

That is some long shower :p

Advertisement