Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rikand Walrus V2.0 Reveal Thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm only just home from work and I have the dinner on. Probably starting the reveal between 9:30 and 10. Apologies for any inconvenience caused :D

Okay, lets get this show on the road

Category 3 :: 3. A song that you sing or hum along to in the shower

I liked all the songs in this category on the first listen except for 1 and as I made more subsequent re-listens only a few dropped off. I did for the most part like most of the songs which made the ordering quite tricky. I'm still not wholly satisfied with my order but anything that is out of place, is only out by 1 place. I have nothing pre-written at all, just random thoughts in my head, so here we go :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Uh Oh just remembered my entry :pac:

Necro wrote: »

In 15th place, scoring 1 point

Backstreet Boys - Drowning :: Submitted by
    yep, you guessed it. Necro!

See, here's the thing. I do like some backstreet boys stuff. I like a lot of boyband stuff in general. But more on the 5ive side of boyband, rather than the "wailing my cat got run over by the dumptruck" kind of boyband. And this as the submitter described themselves is definitely on the wailing side of things. Believe me there was wailing alright when I put myself through listening to this in the shower. I could not get out of the shower quick enough....

Now we move on to the stuff that I liked for at least one listen before it disintegrated slowly like a flan in the cupboard.

• Advertisement

R6ebd197b105b5c9370c224a63cc70266?rik=bVwKNW5aSNeh%2bQ&riu=http%3a%2f%2fimg2.wikia.nocookie.net%2f__cb20150211030115%2fthehungergames%2fimages%2fd%2fd2%2fI_regret_nothing.gif&ehk=ZvZJPoQbvA%2b%2fVoHtJx2o2qedUG2fuXRXC17j7gtb1Dc%3d&risl=&pid=ImgRaw

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Good timing!

And "Drowning" is an odd choice for a watery round :D

Good timing!

And "Drowning" is an odd choice for a watery round :D

That was the whole point :pac:

That was the whole point :pac:
    I don't like that level of peril when I shower :D

In 14th place, scoring 2 points

Roisin Murphy - Ruby Blue :: Submitted by
    Irish Aris

So on first listen, I kinda liked the general beat of the song. But on second listen, I decided to try and listen to the song properly and I realised I couldnt actually hear anything that was being said except the occasional, "take it to the top" and "ruby blue" and the rest of the song is unintelligble gibberish for me. I feel like that guitar is just drowning down the vocal and everything else too. Just didnt work for me in the end

• Advertisement

I don't like that level of peril when I shower :D

I have a general fear of drowning in the bath as it is.... bringing that to the shower is just a whole new level of anxiety for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Not 15th, phew ;)

In 13th place, scoring 3 points

Falling in Reverse - The Drug in me is real :; Submitted by
    Sineadspears

This was quite a conflicting one for me. I do love a bit of piano. very keen on piano generally and its played very well. But I kept waiting for this song to move into a hard rock kind of song and it just never got there.... well, it did get there, but way too late. its like.... 40 seconds is a perfect time to get heavy.... okay we missed it......when's the next one coming around.... 1:22.... will, we ? no, lets keep going.... okay this is nice... gentle.... but I feel like there's a heavy bit coming.... Maybe after the next verse.... 2:30, hes trying.... he's gonna give it socks.... here comes the metal.... and then another let down....

Like, I felt the song could have been brilliant for me if it was 3 minutes 30 seconds long with a variation of heavy and the gentle but it was just dragged way too long. It does get kinda heavy at the finish but it just took way too long to get there.

I am glad you submitted this version though instead of the original version. The original version is a song I might have submitted to the worst song of all time competition we ran last year cause it was awful. This was much more bearable

In 12th place, scoring 4 points

Minke - Too Late :: submitted by
    Also Starring Levar Burton

This was okay. I probably wouldnt turn off the radio if it came on. Yeah it was grand. I like her shoes

In 11th place, scoring 5 points

Yu Su - Gleam :: Submitted by
    Arghus

Not sure about for the shower. This feels like the kind of music that is playing when I am in with my physiotherapist getting tortured lol :D It was grand like, just maybe a little bit minimalist for me. Another one of those journey songs that doesnt really get to a destination :)

Whoo-hoo, top ten :D

In 10th place, scoring 6 points

Cornelius - Drop :: Submitted by
    o s h

I do like some Cornelius stuff. Crazy Japanese bastard that he is. Point of View Point is a personal favourite of mine. Just a great track. Drop did not hit me with the same feels as PoVP does. It is a good shower dancing song though. The guitar strums are excellent shoulder poppers. A good song, just a victim of me liking other songs more

In 9th place, scoring 7 points

Pras - Ghetto Superstar :; Submitted by
    Ari101

Ah sure its a classic isnt it ? I've heard it way too much though. Works pretty well in the shower too!

In 8th place, scoring 8 points

Bob Seger - Night moves :: Submitted by
    The Purple Tin

Oh yeah. This is smooth. He sounds just like Kurt Wagner from Lambchop who did very well in an earlier round. Works quite well in the shower. Nice timing to the whole thing. It probably would have scored higher but the song went on a little long for me. I thought it could have ended at a great time at around 3:00/3:30 and i know the submitter didnt send a link but I only found versions that were 5+ minutes long, so .... tough break :D

Rikand wrote: »
    In 10th place, scoring 6 points

Cornelius - Drop :: Submitted by
    o s h

I do like some Cornelius stuff. Crazy Japanese bastard that he is. Point of View Point is a personal favourite of mine. Just a great track. Drop did not hit me with the same feels as PoVP does. It is a good shower dancing song though. The guitar strums are excellent shoulder poppers. A good song, just a victim of me liking other songs more
    That was interesting. Never heard of Cornelius, will investigate some more :)

• Advertisement

I'll need to expand my shower horizons :D Dancing though strikes me as dangerous behaviour ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

Rikand wrote: »
    In 8th place, scoring 8 points

Bob Seger - Night moves :: Submitted by
    The Purple Tin

Oh yeah. This is smooth. He sounds just like Kurt Wagner from Lambchop who did very well in an earlier round. Works quite well in the shower. Nice timing to the whole thing. It probably would have scored higher but the song went on a little long for me. I thought it could have ended at a great time at around 3:00/3:30 and i know the submitter didnt send a link but I only found versions that were 5+ minutes long, so .... tough break :D

Great choice

In 7th place, scoring 9 points

Casiopea - Fightman :: Submitted by
    Sephiroth_Dude

Not as good as what you sent for category 1, but still pretty good. Doesnt work in the shower for me at all though. There's way too much going on and in order to replicate the right dance moves, I'd probably have to slip and and dislocate my knee cap just to get the desired effect. But I did enjoy the song :)

In 6th place, scoring 10 points

The Zutons - You will you wont :: Submitted by
    Sawduck

When I think of the Zutons, all I can think of is that Valerie song but this was a great shower song. For singing and for grooving. The song itself is only okay but its position was definitely enhanced by its shower groove-along-ability!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

7th? I'll take it! :D

Whoo-hoo, top ten :D
    Whoo-hoo, top five :D

9th? I'll take it! :D
    I'm sure ari will swap with you :D

In 5th place, scoring 11 points

Justice and Simian - We are your friends :: Submitted by
    Electric Nitwit

Great beat. Great shower groovealongability. Do I agree that this meets the posters criteria for ideal shower songs ?

Shower music has to be...

loud. To carry over the sound of the shower
    short. Two young kids, I don't get long showers!
    banging. A shower is reinvigorating, so the song has to contribute to that

Its definitely loud. Its definitely short and its definitely banging. I love the little key change at 1:30. I kept waiting for that part more than anything else. Great song :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

6th! that's higher than I thought it would be, happy with that. The zutons are so underrated that their most famous song is only known because its sung by another singer.

• Advertisement

I'm sure ari will swap with you :D

Definitely, you can have my 7pointsth ;)

Advertisement