Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speech to text app

Options
  • 04-04-2021 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of a good speech to text app that I can use while I’m driving to type a text by talking if ya get me.

Also i have a Bluetooth parrot hands free kit in the car, but it requires me to use a scrolling wheel on the hands free kit to select a name to make a call.
    Is there a way to make that call by saying the name or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Siri can do both text message dictating and making a call by voice. Have you tried that?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Siri can do both text message dictating and making a call by voice. Have you tried that?

I have since last night tbh! It actually works quite well so I’ll be using that.

The only other thing I’d like is if Siri could read my emails and email dictating for my outlook account.
    I’m not sure if that can be done outside USA yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

tom1ie wrote: »
    The only other thing I’d like is if Siri could read my emails and email dictating for my outlook account.
    I’m not sure if that can be done outside USA yet?

Yeah, that seems to be US only at the moment.

You could potentially set up your Outlook account in the Apple Mail app, but if it's a corporate account, your company may not allow it (mine doesn't), and anyway it seems Siri doesn't seem read full emails from the Mail app, just the subject, from and time (at least according to my quick test there). You can use Siri to dictate and send emails if you have Mail set up as your default email client. "Hey Siri, send an email"

Advertisement